Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default UNappreciated characters

Who are the characters you like that never seem to get any love?

For me John Walker/U.S. Agent is right at the top of the list. No matter how much character development he gets....some writers just want to default to patriotic thug or even just non-verbal background/group shot character. For example...he had his confrontation with Sam Wilson....but was captured on an op in Syria off panel. Then show up at the end of Secret Empire and with a group of people to take down the Punisher with no explanation. Even if they did not give him his own book...or lead on a team book....I would love to see the Commission on Superhuman Affairs assemble a team that pops up around the Marvel U a couple times a year.

Pete Wisdom. He’s a mutant spy. They could do so much with him. Captain Britain and MI:13 was such a great book. Marvel needs to touch back on those characters.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Namor, the Sub-Mariner
    Silver Surfer

They may pop up often, but they do seem REALLY underappreciated. Namor is always shown as an awful dude now, almost by default. That, or he's an X-Man? Meeeeeeeh.

Silver Surfer is just the best.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-10-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Firestar. She has never failed to be a good character, and she's a versatile good character. She was good in the Spider-Man cartoon she was created for, her '80s limited series was good, she was maybe the best character in New Warriors, she was a fine Avenger in a very popular run, but she has trouble getting a lasting place in the comics for reasons I can never really understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Who are the characters you like that never seem to get any love?

For me John Walker/U.S. Agent is right at the top of the list. No matter how much character development he gets....some writers just want to default to patriotic thug or even just non-verbal background/group shot character. For example...he had his confrontation with Sam Wilson....but was captured on an op in Syria off panel. Then show up at the end of Secret Empire and with a group of people to take down the Punisher with no explanation. Even if they did not give him his own book...or lead on a team book....I would love to see the Commission on Superhuman Affairs assemble a team that pops up around the Marvel U a couple times a year.
    I'm a fan of USAgent too and feels he needs to be fleshed out more. Plus, the costume if badass, so what's not to like? Vengence from the Ghost Rider series was pretty cool, but they killed him off and I don't know if they brought him back. Also I felt most of the Defenders have been overlooked like Valkyrie (the original of course), Hellstorm, Hellcat, Gargoyle, etc. These are great characters that should've been used more.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

With so many teams/characters making a comeback, i'd love it if the New X-Men-era mutants could get some type of prominence again, particularly Surge.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Namor, the Sub-Mariner
    Silver Surfer

They may pop up often, but they do seem REALLY underappreciated. Namor is always shown as an awful dude now, almost by default. That, or he's an X-Man? Meeeeeeeh.

There's a lot of unappreciated characters out there, but these two being two of Marvel's best creations, seem criminally unloved by Marvel.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    I'm a fan of USAgent too and feels he needs to be fleshed out more. Plus, the costume if badass, so what's not to like? Vengence from the Ghost Rider series was pretty cool, but they killed him off and I don't know if they brought him back. Also I felt most of the Defenders have been overlooked like Valkyrie (the original of course), Hellstorm, Hellcat, Gargoyle, etc. These are great characters that should've been used more.
    Vengeance (both of them) near as I can tell are still around, just unfortunately unused which is a shame since both are kind of fun characters.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Simon Williams (A.K.A. Wonder Man) - One of the most powerful members of the Avengers. He may not have a great deal of combat knowledge, but his strength is nearly equal to Thor. For some reason, writers keep killing him off and this is truly getting tiresome (IMHO).

boom-boom from x-force is just ricky from trailer park boys but somehow she's not one of the a-list x-men
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Namor, the Sub-Mariner
    Silver Surfer

Totally agree

Namor is just a villain too easily

Surfer is used as a squash for thanos, Adam or some other threat too easily

Imo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    I like usagent too, could be used in a thunderbolt team as field leader

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Simon Williams (A.K.A. Wonder Man) - One of the most powerful members of the Avengers. He may not have a great deal of combat knowledge, but his strength is nearly equal to Thor. For some reason, writers keep killing him off and this is truly getting tiresome (IMHO).
    Used to absolutely love him but in recent years it's been tragic

So powerful, great look, terrible handling

Imo

They got love, but are now in Limbo due to poor reception and that is the Inhuman royal family. I hope they at least get one book in the future for the few fans they actually have left.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    They got love, but are now in Limbo due to poor reception and that is the Inhuman royal family. I hope they at least get one book in the future for the few fans they actually have left.
    I don't think any characters in history of fiction had such a misguided push as the Inhumans. "Yes, we should make the Terrigen mists poison to the X-men and mutantkind and kill the original and (with Wolverine gone) most popular X-man off-panel while having his friends describe him as the new Hitler for trying to stop this; this will make the Inhumans MORE POPULAR!". Sadly, with this and the show bombing they're radioactive now and will be for a while.