Thread: Areal vs Popeye

BANNED

Default Areal vs Popeye

battle of two toon force stalwarts
    who wins?
    Popeye can get additional 5 cans if one doesn't seem enough.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

does areal have feats for resisting reality warping?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    does areal have feats for resisting reality warping?
    Does Popeye have feats of Reality Warping outside of punching things?

If anything, I'm guessing Arale is stronger, because her universe is somewhat more realistic.

I mean that like this: Popeye can grab the stars or the moon out of the sky because they are small things on the sky rather than giant balls of gas lightyears away, and a rock that's a significant fraction of the size of our planet, respectively. Meanwhile Arale has adventures in space where they fly between solar systems and show how big everything is, so when SHE punches earth so hard in pinballs off Venus and Mars or something it has more weight, both literally and symbolically than Popeye throwing the moon like a boomerang or something.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post

If anything, I'm guessing Arale is stronger, because her universe is somewhat more realistic.

I mean that like this: Popeye can grab the stars or the moon out of the sky because they are small things on the sky rather than giant balls of gas lightyears away, and a rock that's a significant fraction of the size of our planet, respectively. Meanwhile Arale has adventures in space where they fly between solar systems and show how big everything is, so when SHE punches earth so hard in pinballs off Venus and Mars or something it has more weight, both literally and symbolically than Popeye throwing the moon like a boomerang or something.
    You can make the argument that stars in the Popeye universe is the same but Popeye reality warps them to be marble sized that he can pluck them out of the sky.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    You can make the argument that stars in the Popeye universe is the same but Popeye reality warps them to be marble sized that he can pluck them out of the sky.
    Do we have any feats of them being that way? Preferably from an episode where he then reality warps them into marble sized so we actually have proof he's doing it?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    He tore the film without punching it as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    He tore the film without punching it as far as I remember.
    more like him and his dad fought a tribe of goons and the film tore from the battle. popeye then jumped off the film strip and pulled the two ends back together with his bare hands.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    more like him and his dad fought a tribe of goons and the film tore from the battle. popeye then jumped off the film strip and pulled the two ends back together with his bare hands.
    Well part one can't be argued to be sans-punching but the pulling back together is definitely punch-free.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, Arale has popped the sun like a balloon and cracked the sun, and I'm pretty sure that she's smacked people through manga panels as well (Kid Goku definitely did this).

But I think that the biggest problem for Popeye is that Arale will almost certainly get poop into his spinach.

Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 05-11-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, Arale has popped the sun like a balloon and cracked the sun, and I'm pretty sure that she's smacked people through manga panels as well (Kid Goku definitely did this).

But I think that the biggest problem for Popeye is that Arale will almost certainly get poop into his spinach.

spinich is spinich.

Incredible Member

Popeye punched out the Sun at one point. He beat Hercules like a carpet. He punched out god once.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    Popeye punched out the Sun at one point. He beat Hercules like a carpet. He punched out god once.
    Arale has destroyed the moon on multiple occasions, has popped the sun like a balloon, split the Earth with one punch on numbers occasions, sent planets careening through the solar system (cracking the sun in the process), etc... As for Gods, ISTR her beating up multiple little g gods and big g God (as well as possibly the Author Avatar) in Dr. Slump, as well as beating up Vegeta (who used his God Ki in that match, IIRC) and giving Beerus, a casual universe busting God of Destruction who explicitly felt confident in his being able overcome gag characters, a bad case of diarrhea by getting poop into the machine that made his food in Dragon Ball Super

It wasn't Arale that got poop into the machine. It was Bulma and crew using the machine to distract Arale.

She have any speed feats?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

also popeye punched out things that shouldn't be punched, like raw magic, hypnosis, ghosts, and music.