Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    I have solved this problem for myself by get a label printer and all of mine are now bagged, boarded, boxed and uniformly labelled. It was an exhaustive process but worth it to just quickly flick through and not have to hunt the issue number down. The 90s were the worst for this as some were just had the issue number on the bar code
    But how many comic book stores do that for all of their back-issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I know exactly what the reason was. Johns and Alonso left, and their replacements got rid of the Rebirth and Legacy branding.
    But even then, I don't know why you need the Rebirth or Legacy branding to also include the story arc title at the top of the book. There isn't really a reason not to do that. I always go back to the perfect examples being the Archie Sonic and Mega Man books, which did exactly this and was really useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    But even then, I don't know why you need the Rebirth or Legacy branding to also include the story arc title at the top of the book. There isn't really a reason not to do that. I always go back to the perfect examples being the Archie Sonic and Mega Man books, which did exactly this and was really useful.
    You have to be very careful with this because it can clutter the trade dress (Legacy covers looked pretty fugly), but the thing they did in early ANAD where it would have a little graphic saying "(NEW ARC) STARTS HERE/NOW!" were pretty nice. Should've stayed.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But how many comic book stores do that for all of their back-issues?
    very few which is why i do it myself. I like to set myself projects and that one took a fair ole while

Quote Originally Posted by maklelin highbain View Post
    With the upcoming issues of Uncanny X-Men (#21-22) stating, It All Ends Here. Is this another restart of the issues (returning once more to Issue 1) can anyone understand why Marvel thinks after so many years of trying this ploy that it will in some way increase sales? I recall the days when a title celebrated reaching a landmark issue number (i know they will presumably have a Legacy number if it does revert to issue 1). Also does anyone else find this practice as frustrating as I do?
    It seems pretty clear this is going to be a pretty big relaunch. Every attempt to refocus the title has fizzled out very quickly. The current Uncanny storyline is clearly a placeholder story fixing some of the abandoned plot lines and putting the characters in the correct places. It is probably for the best if we just stop supporting this kind of nonsense and encourage a root and branch reboot.

The whole X-line is in a mess. It needs a serious rethink.