Thread: April Sales

Seeing MCP crash and burn gives me life.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

We already have a thread for this <HERE>

It was a good month to be a Thor fan. WOTR sold 187,851 copies.
    Thanos 1 did great, selling 81,256 copies. He outsold all team books.
    No X-title managed to reach 50,000 in sales. Justice League, Avengers, and Fantastic Four all beat Uncanny X-Men.
    The last three issues of Avengers: No Road Home all sold in the 30,000s, while the last issue of West Coast Avengers only managed 13,259. I think the No Road Home team should come back for more.
    Champions are floundering at 16,223. Runaways are even worse at 9,241.

OK, here's something I think is interesting. I did some number crunching of the APRIL 2019 TOP 500 COMICS and put together a chart for AVERAGE SALES BY COMPANY.

Looking at it, we can see that the company with the highest average sales per title is DC, not Marvel. Maybe this is why DC has cut its production.

Yes, it affected the market because it shrunk the overall pie (although Marvel's increase offset that a bit), but it doesn't make sense for a major company to publish lots of low-selling titles just to get a higher market share number. Marvel is publishing lots of low sellers just to get that market share.

Each company has to have its own business strategy, I guess, but Marvel's excesses are dragging down its per-title average.

Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 05-13-2019 at 02:09 PM.