Default Chun Li vs Sonya Blade

Round 1: Original timeline Sonya

Round 2: Reboot Sonya.

Who wins?

Chin Li is strong enough to smash up Bunker doors with bare hands, feet and in hand to hand her kicks are fast enough for after images.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

1) Chun-Li should have a significant strength advantage, if nothing else. The SF canon is ambiguous at times, but she managed to fight Urien to a draw - a man with metal flesh - and jumped a significant height from a helicopter into a mission without a problem.

2) I don't know how effective Sonya's drones are, whether they're autpmated or if she actively needs to tap in the commands? It might come down to a quickdraw since Chun-Li is usually carrying - but it's pretty useless in the SF setting.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    1) Chun-Li should have a significant strength advantage, if nothing else. The SF canon is ambiguous at times, but she managed to fight Urien to a draw - a man with metal flesh - and jumped a significant height from a helicopter into a mission without a problem.

2) I don't know how effective Sonya's drones are, whether they're autpmated or if she actively needs to tap in the commands? It might come down to a quickdraw since Chun-Li is usually carrying - but it's pretty useless in the SF setting.

Guns are also fairly useless in the MK setting, at least against named fighters.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Guns are also fairly useless in the MK setting, at least against named fighters.
    I don't know, Kano didn't do too hot when Sonya shot him in the face.

Also Johnny Cage gets taken out by a gunshot for the back end of the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't know, Kano didn't do too hot when Sonya shot him in the face.

Also Johnny Cage gets taken out by a gunshot for the back end of the narrative.
    And Cassie got shot in the arm by a minigun, can't forget that.

And weren't the soldiers mowing down some mooks in the cutscenes too?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Yep. Bullets are pretty lethal in MK.

Hell they show up in brutality finishers and Blacks face melt fatality involves shooting the victim’s knee caps out ( though bullets in the eyes they survive. Strange.)

Extraordinary Member

Erron Black's guns are magic, or at least the bullets are.

I was told about a feat where Reptile is able to throw up a wall of acid and melt a bullet before it hits him, which would imply most of the major characters can bullet time

Again, concrete feats in fighting games are sorta nebulous, given characters job in endings and kind of come back regardless of what happened in previous events - and despite having a franchise based entirely on brutal potential deaths.

It's implied a steep enough fall will kill Sonya , and in MK11 she was killed by a cave-in and explosion

Meanwhile the Street Fighters can casually survive freefall
    as a baseline level of durability, and Chun-Li survived a fight with Feng-Shui-engine Juri who is a bullet timer and strong enough to total a jet in the aftershock of her kicks.

Erron Black's guns are magic, or at least the bullets are.

I was told about a feat where Reptile is able to throw up a wall of acid and melt a bullet before it hits him, which would imply most of the major characters can bullet time
    If you could find and post this feat, that would be appreciated.

Extraordinary Member

Again, concrete feats in fighting games are sorta nebulous, given characters job in endings and kind of come back regardless of what happened in previous events - and despite having a franchise based entirely on brutal potential deaths.

It's implied a steep enough fall will kill Sonya , and in MK11 she was killed by a cave-in and explosion

as a baseline level of durability, and Chun-Li survived a fight with Feng-Shui-engine Juri who is a bullet timer and strong enough to total a jet in the aftershock of her kicks.

If you could find and post this feat, that would be appreciated.
    Okay, I looked it up, and it seems like I was misinformed as to the nature of the feat. He spits out the Acid before they fire.

He does do this right before, which might be Bullet timing but I can't say for certain.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Okay, I looked it up, and it seems like I was misinformed as to the nature of the feat. He spits out the Acid before they fire.

He does do this right before, which might be Bullet timing but I can't say for certain.
    That's not bullet timing or at least it's nowhere near explicit enough to be counted as such.

Plus, one guy being bullet time doesn't necessarily mean you can apply that to a whole verse as a baseline either.

I don't think Juri apparently having a forcefield is clear indication of bullet timing either for my money. The bullets kind of stop and she has computer thing in her eye. There's not really an indication of her reflex speed as such, nor how that would translate into movement.

Also, "survives a fight with" is a tad misleading in that undersells the beatdown, Chun gets her **** utterlu wrecked. Juri is actively toying with her, laughing at her, no-selling her best shots and then one shots her by booting her across the room. Yes, it's impressive she didn't die but we didn't see much to indicate that she's remotely on Juri's level. Quite the opposite in fact.

That said; see this timestamp for Chun Li kicking in some big metal doors with apparent ease. Whatever else can be said, I think she's concretely stronger than Sonya.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

sonya speaks and puts chun to sleep with her bland voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't think Juri apparently having a forcefield is clear indication of bullet timing either for my money. The bullets kind of stop and she has computer thing in her eye. There's not really an indication of her reflex speed as such, nor how that would translate into movement.

Also, "survives a fight with" is a tad misleading in that undersells the beatdown, Chun gets her **** utterlu wrecked. Juri is actively toying with her, laughing at her, no-selling her best shots and then one shots her by booting her across the room. Yes, it's impressive she didn't die but we didn't see much to indicate that she's remotely on Juri's level. Quite the opposite in fact.

That said; see this timestamp for Chun Li kicking in some big metal doors with apparent ease. Whatever else can be said, I think she's concretely stronger than Sonya.
    Well, I'll concede that I overlooked that, certainly. Clicked around a bit to hastily, what Juri concretely deflected was an RPG round with a kick.

But, yeah, kind of an outlier, and a feat that does not linearly scale to Chun-li, my bad.

So, she's kicking down bunker doors, while Sonya needs prep and C4 specifically to take out the load-bearing columns beneath a Netherealm castle.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sonya speaks and puts chun to sleep with her bland voice.
    Damn, son.