Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18,979

    Default Chun Li vs Sonya Blade

    Round 1: Original timeline Sonya

    Round 2: Reboot Sonya.

    Who wins?

  2. #2
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,083

    Default

    Chin Li is strong enough to smash up Bunker doors with bare hands, feet and in hand to hand her kicks are fast enough for after images.

  3. #3
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,087

    Default

    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  4. #4

    Default

    1) Chun-Li should have a significant strength advantage, if nothing else. The SF canon is ambiguous at times, but she managed to fight Urien to a draw - a man with metal flesh - and jumped a significant height from a helicopter into a mission without a problem.

    2) I don't know how effective Sonya's drones are, whether they're autpmated or if she actively needs to tap in the commands? It might come down to a quickdraw since Chun-Li is usually carrying - but it's pretty useless in the SF setting.


  5. #5
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    1) Chun-Li should have a significant strength advantage, if nothing else. The SF canon is ambiguous at times, but she managed to fight Urien to a draw - a man with metal flesh - and jumped a significant height from a helicopter into a mission without a problem.

    2) I don't know how effective Sonya's drones are, whether they're autpmated or if she actively needs to tap in the commands? It might come down to a quickdraw since Chun-Li is usually carrying - but it's pretty useless in the SF setting.

    Guns are also fairly useless in the MK setting, at least against named fighters.

  6. #6
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Guns are also fairly useless in the MK setting, at least against named fighters.
    I don't know, Kano didn't do too hot when Sonya shot him in the face.

    Also Johnny Cage gets taken out by a gunshot for the back end of the narrative.
    Twitter

    Tumblr

    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.

    Art Thread on CBR

  7. #7
    Rumbles Moderator Guy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't know, Kano didn't do too hot when Sonya shot him in the face.

    Also Johnny Cage gets taken out by a gunshot for the back end of the narrative.
    And Cassie got shot in the arm by a minigun, can't forget that.

    And weren't the soldiers mowing down some mooks in the cutscenes too?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

  8. #8
    The Undead One The Chou Lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,083

    Default

    Yep. Bullets are pretty lethal in MK.

    Hell they show up in brutality finishers and Blacks face melt fatality involves shooting the victim’s knee caps out ( though bullets in the eyes they survive. Strange.)

  9. #9
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,620

    Default

    Erron Black's guns are magic, or at least the bullets are.

    I was told about a feat where Reptile is able to throw up a wall of acid and melt a bullet before it hits him, which would imply most of the major characters can bullet time

  10. #10

    Default

    Again, concrete feats in fighting games are sorta nebulous, given characters job in endings and kind of come back regardless of what happened in previous events - and despite having a franchise based entirely on brutal potential deaths.

    It's implied a steep enough fall will kill Sonya , and in MK11 she was killed by a cave-in and explosion

    Meanwhile the Street Fighters can casually survive freefall
    as a baseline level of durability, and Chun-Li survived a fight with Feng-Shui-engine Juri who is a bullet timer and strong enough to total a jet in the aftershock of her kicks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Erron Black's guns are magic, or at least the bullets are.

    I was told about a feat where Reptile is able to throw up a wall of acid and melt a bullet before it hits him, which would imply most of the major characters can bullet time
    If you could find and post this feat, that would be appreciated.

  11. #11
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Again, concrete feats in fighting games are sorta nebulous, given characters job in endings and kind of come back regardless of what happened in previous events - and despite having a franchise based entirely on brutal potential deaths.

    It's implied a steep enough fall will kill Sonya , and in MK11 she was killed by a cave-in and explosion

    Meanwhile the Street Fighters can casually survive freefall
    as a baseline level of durability, and Chun-Li survived a fight with Feng-Shui-engine Juri who is a bullet timer and strong enough to total a jet in the aftershock of her kicks.



    If you could find and post this feat, that would be appreciated.
    Okay, I looked it up, and it seems like I was misinformed as to the nature of the feat. He spits out the Acid before they fire.

    He does do this right before, which might be Bullet timing but I can't say for certain.

  12. #12
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    4,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Okay, I looked it up, and it seems like I was misinformed as to the nature of the feat. He spits out the Acid before they fire.

    He does do this right before, which might be Bullet timing but I can't say for certain.
    That's not bullet timing or at least it's nowhere near explicit enough to be counted as such.

    Plus, one guy being bullet time doesn't necessarily mean you can apply that to a whole verse as a baseline either.

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Again, concrete feats in fighting games are sorta nebulous, given characters job in endings and kind of come back regardless of what happened in previous events - and despite having a franchise based entirely on brutal potential deaths.

    It's implied a steep enough fall will kill Sonya , and in MK11 she was killed by a cave-in and explosion

    Meanwhile the Street Fighters can casually survive freefall
    as a baseline level of durability, and Chun-Li survived a fight with Feng-Shui-engine Juri who is a bullet timer and strong enough to total a jet in the aftershock of her kicks.
    I don't think Juri apparently having a forcefield is clear indication of bullet timing either for my money. The bullets kind of stop and she has computer thing in her eye. There's not really an indication of her reflex speed as such, nor how that would translate into movement.

    Also, "survives a fight with" is a tad misleading in that undersells the beatdown, Chun gets her shit utterlu wrecked. Juri is actively toying with her, laughing at her, no-selling her best shots and then one shots her by booting her across the room. Yes, it's impressive she didn't die but we didn't see much to indicate that she's remotely on Juri's level. Quite the opposite in fact.

    That said; see this timestamp for Chun Li kicking in some big metal doors with apparent ease. Whatever else can be said, I think she's concretely stronger than Sonya.
    Twitter

    Tumblr

    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.

    Art Thread on CBR

  13. #13
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    31,765

    Default

    sonya speaks and puts chun to sleep with her bland voice.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't think Juri apparently having a forcefield is clear indication of bullet timing either for my money. The bullets kind of stop and she has computer thing in her eye. There's not really an indication of her reflex speed as such, nor how that would translate into movement.

    Also, "survives a fight with" is a tad misleading in that undersells the beatdown, Chun gets her shit utterlu wrecked. Juri is actively toying with her, laughing at her, no-selling her best shots and then one shots her by booting her across the room. Yes, it's impressive she didn't die but we didn't see much to indicate that she's remotely on Juri's level. Quite the opposite in fact.

    That said; see this timestamp for Chun Li kicking in some big metal doors with apparent ease. Whatever else can be said, I think she's concretely stronger than Sonya.
    Well, I'll concede that I overlooked that, certainly. Clicked around a bit to hastily, what Juri concretely deflected was an RPG round with a kick.

    But, yeah, kind of an outlier, and a feat that does not linearly scale to Chun-li, my bad.

    So, she's kicking down bunker doors, while Sonya needs prep and C4 specifically to take out the load-bearing columns beneath a Netherealm castle.

    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sonya speaks and puts chun to sleep with her bland voice.
    Damn, son.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •