Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 108
  1. #61
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Wasn't it stated in an early issue that the Red Room had a sort of scientific division?

    Not saying this didn't bug me also
    They had her on the assassin track and then figured out she was a genius so moved her to R&D.

  2. #62
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Really? I did not know that.

    Not throwing hate at Sam either, I just figured the two events (Rich being removed and Sam arriving) were connected.

    Still makes no sense to me to write off Rich just as the property was starting to be a little more popular though.
    It's been awhile, but I do recall reading that the two events were, indeed, mutually exclusive. Mostly, as I recall, the time gap was too large for one thing.

    It's still an easy assumption to make, especially for those who don't like Sam, which, I remember, was the context this clarification was given under.

  3. #63
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Another thing I hate is the lack of sidekicks. If they were called apprenticeships, no one would have a problem with it.
    Most are usually referred to as proteges and mentors in-universe, at least the small handful of times we are allowed to have older hero and younger hero partnerships (from recent memory, Blindspot and Daredevil, and Joaquin Torres and Rayshaun Lucas to Sam Wilson).

  4. #64
    Incredible Member Ying Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    806

    Default

    Captain Britain's beard.

    It doesn't only bug me, it drives me crazy. And it's only getting bigger every appearance he makes.

  5. #65
    Incredible Member Ying Ko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    806

    Default

    On a more serious note, Marvel's tendency to put good writers on properties they are clearly not into, resulting in phoned in garbage. That bugs me.

    Also, the fact that almost all of their good artists have eloped to DC.

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    On a more serious note, Marvel's tendency to put good writers on properties they are clearly not into, resulting in phoned in garbage. That bugs me.

    Also, the fact that almost all of their good artists have eloped to DC.
    This. 10char
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    On a more serious note, Marvel's tendency to put good writers on properties they are clearly not into, resulting in phoned in garbage. That bugs me.
    Kieron Gillen in Iron Man was the first name that comes to my mind.

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Also, the fact that almost all of their good artists have eloped to DC.
    Does DC treat artists better than Marvel?

  9. #69
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Does DC treat artists better than Marvel?
    Excited for CBR to reveal their hidden knowledge of private industry contracts.
    heroine addict we love you come back

  10. #70
    Incredible Member Anthony W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Does DC treat artists better than Marvel?
    I don't know if they treat them better, but they probably pay them more.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

  11. #71
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    On a more serious note, Marvel's tendency to put good writers on properties they are clearly not into, resulting in phoned in garbage. That bugs me.

    Also, the fact that almost all of their good artists have eloped to DC.
    If they make garbage, don't pay them well. Their job is to write good comics, not only write good comics for properties they only enjoy.

  12. #72
    Incredible Member GrandEleven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    686

    Default

    I'm rather sensitive to how the Marvel Cosmics/Abstracts get portrayed.

    As an example, in Ultimates2 where Order and Chaos casually kill The Living Tribunal, right on the heels of CW2 which had just ... killed The Living Tribunal. It felt like there was a complete disrespect for a being's status in existence and the incomprehensible power it held. Many times people seem to treat the cosmics/abstracts like "really powerful aliens", when they are really supposed to represent so much more than that. I could kind of forgive CW because I felt Emp. God Doom could never co-exist with the Tribunal around and this was a major event ... but in Ultimates2 ... ugh it irked me. I hoped maybe they were taking the opportunity to create a new pantheon in it's wake but no ... Logos came and went, and tribunal returned .. and I was left thinking "uh, all of the multiverse can be threatened that easily?"

    I like my gods to remain mysterious and beyond comprehension in power. To have them reduced to just another group of supers is irritating.

  13. #73
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    If they make garbage, don't pay them well. Their job is to write good comics, not only write good comics for properties they only enjoy.
    This exactly...if as a writer you cannot take the characters you are assigned and make them great...not by making them clones of the characters you do like...but by making them individuals with their own stories, personalities, etc...then you have no business doing it.

  14. #74
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I'm rather sensitive to how the Marvel Cosmics/Abstracts get portrayed.

    As an example, in Ultimates2 where Order and Chaos casually kill The Living Tribunal, right on the heels of CW2 which had just ... killed The Living Tribunal. It felt like there was a complete disrespect for a being's status in existence and the incomprehensible power it held. Many times people seem to treat the cosmics/abstracts like "really powerful aliens", when they are really supposed to represent so much more than that. I could kind of forgive CW because I felt Emp. God Doom could never co-exist with the Tribunal around and this was a major event ... but in Ultimates2 ... ugh it irked me. I hoped maybe they were taking the opportunity to create a new pantheon in it's wake but no ... Logos came and went, and tribunal returned .. and I was left thinking "uh, all of the multiverse can be threatened that easily?"

    I like my gods to remain mysterious and beyond comprehension in power. To have them reduced to just another group of supers is irritating.
    I think you mean to SW not CW but it is subversive for the living tribunal to be killed like that when he specifically said that he was more powerful than the previous iteration. guess he got bound by his own edict when he said that reality was in flux which meant the cosmic entities could subvert their role until things became clearer.

  15. #75
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    14,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    If they make garbage, don't pay them well. Their job is to write good comics, not only write good comics for properties they only enjoy.
    That's not the way it works though. If you're an established creator you either have a page rate with an option for royalties or some sort of contract stating how much you get paid. If you're an editor you can ask for changes if you think the story isn't good enough, but you can't go, "Well, Mark Waid...we were going to paid you x for this Avengers story, but it's not as good as your normal work we're only going to give you y."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •