Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I'm not sure it's a small detail, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, but the idea of almost anybody becoming an Avenger these days annoys me. It's like just about any bunch of people decide to get together and call themselves Avengers. It shouldn't work that way, IMO. Yeah, I'll form a band and we'll call ourselves the "Canadian Beatles", and sing hard rock... don't think it's going to go well :P Plus the fact that they seem to do it more for themselves or the prestige of the name rather than to help and better mankind, it doesn't sit well with me.
    OH VERY MUCH THIS! "Avengers" no longer means anything in Universe. If you wear any manor of costume/uniform now and have beaten at least one bag guy (even if that bad guy was a mugger or shop lifter) you are now an Avenger in universe. It's so dumb.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Characters like Squirrel Girl, Gwenpool, and to a smaller extent Deadpool. They would be fine in their own universe. But, imo, they cheapen the 616.
    This is probably my biggest. I don't even mind them doing their own thing off in some stupid corner of MU. But in "MY" MU, Squirrel Girl was squirrshed in her first story by Doom.

And squirrels, in general, are just evil as heck. Suffer not one to live. I want to bring Mad Dog Baxter back just so he can literally wipe the floor with Doreen. Ptooey.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The destruction of Atlantis(insert other fictional cities) in one issue and then in the following issue or the next time it shows up its magically put back together with no explanation.

(a few other people have already mention here)
    Destruction, in general, tends to get me mad, because it's never ever done in a good way (it's always a stupid gimmick plot, and yeah, I'm including Annihilation in this). And it always forces a future writer to bring it back. See Xandar-- it's been destroyed and brought back like half a dozen times, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Likely not unique to me, but it always bugs me when the X-Men are playing baseball on an off day and either the artist has no idea what baseball is or they're forced to draw a compacted version of the field where they're all ridiculously close to each other.
    Well, the idea is that they're playing in their backyard. Sure, they live in a mansion, but they're not going to concern themselves with these things anymore than street kids do.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 05-12-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Lately, I've been noticing a lot more grammatical issues, especially verb tense. There's a difference between "has" and "had"

Astonishing Member

The Wrecking Crew appearing monthly in various titles. Marvel really has to step up with new villains.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Lack of consistency in the way characters are drawn across books. I know each artist have their own styles but one of my personal pet peeves as someone who has been following Miles Morales' book; dude has been drawn as undergoing a growth spurt for a while now and is pretty tall and lanky in his own book. Whenever he appears in Champions or guest stars in someone else's book though he's still drawn like he's a little kid.

I feel like this is the same for quite a few of the teen characters as well. Whenever they're drawn standing next to the Avengers they're made extra shorter almost to overcompensate for the fact that they're supposed to be younger. Which is like, if you've ever seen teenagers, their heights vary.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

When Spider-Man isn't Peter Parker, or Iron Man isn't Tony Stark, or the Hulk isn't Robert Bruce Banner, or Thor isn't...... Thor.

Not just exclusive to comics but I hate when we visit an alien world and there civilization is just like earth. They speak English and they even look like humans. You're in an alien world, there is so much potential for creativity but you just make it another version of earth. My main pet peeves with comics that have the setting in outer space.

No consistency with magic. It just does what the writer wants it to do. I feel like it's hard to build stakes with magic books because it can become a bit unclear what the character can do and what they can't. All there magic looks the same. Scarlet witch magic looks like doctor strange which also looks like brother voodoo magic

Little to no choreography in fight scenes.
    Last edited by Knight27; 05-12-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Incredible Member

A minor thing that really bugs me is in the movie Avengers:AoU Ultron's (in a body made of Iron Man armor parts) lips move and curl. It makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Well, the idea is that they're playing in their backyard. Sure, they live in a mansion, but they're not going to concern themselves with these things anymore than street kids do.
    That sounds more like a Marvel no-prize answer than an actual answer. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but at no point have I ever seen them reference the tight, limited space they supposedly have on the mansion's grounds.

But I'm not really talking about the in-universe reasoning of them making do with a (supposed) small amount of space available for a pick-up game, I'm talking about when the visual depiction of the game is jarringly bad.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Focusing on a shared universe over better comics in isolation.
    I know how you feel. It can feel really pointless at times.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Either that or New York has the world's best dressed homeless population.
    That actually happened one time in a Spider-Man comic.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    I know how you feel. It can feel really pointless at times.
    Yup, a cohesive universe is pointless if the individual books aren't as good as they possibly can be. More often than not, the books suffer when there's any emphasis on continuity with other titles.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 05-12-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member

This is going to sound strange because it's about a character status quo that I didn't like but, remember when Jubilee was a vampire for a while? Well, I didn't like that story but it was what it was. The thing is though that when she popped up numerous times afterward, writers and artists kept forgetting the rules regarding vampires. At one point in Brian Wood's run, she says something about how Shogo falls asleep listening to her breathing (vampires don't breath). In Generation X vol. 2, she's shown looking at herself in a mirror (vampires don't reflect in mirrors). I'm pretty sure the light-bender amulet was included in Wood's run as an afterthought. If you're going to turn a character into a monster with very specific rules and weaknesses, commit to it!

A character/title being changed to be more in line with their movie version. I noticed this especially with titles like Iron-Man and Thor around the time of their MCU introductions. Characters that weren't important for the past few decades would suddenly come back because they were used in a movie.

Extraordinary Member

That the constant supervillain attacks and world-ending crises that constantly ravage the city somehow hasn't led to a mass exodus of people from New York.

That the general pubic doesn't know how big of a threat Dr. Doom is in the Marvel Universe.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 05-12-2019 at 08:11 PM.