Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Little things that only bug you.

What little things in Marvel Comics only seem to bug you? The thing that bugs me and no one else is She-Hulk wearing glasses. The character doesn't need them. The senses of a Hulk aren't enhanced to the level of Wolverine or Daredevil but they are still sufficiently enhanced to the point where she shouldn't need glasses. Is it just force of habit because the character wore glasses for years before becoming She-Hulk?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I dont think Im alone in this one, but one of the semi-recent things about Marvel that really galled me was replacing Richard Rider with Sam just as Nova's profile was starting to rise.

I got nothing against Sam, this isnt a "hate on the new guy" post. But DnA set up a great status quo for cosmic Marvel and Rider was really starting to come into his own. People were starting to become aware of who Nova was. I feel like with just a little more of a push he could've really started to become a serious player in the MU. Sure, his solo book had declined a little in quality, but that's when you bring in a new creative team, not totally replace the hero!

I feel like bringing in Sam sort of just put the franchise back to square one and the IP's popularity had to start building up all over again. If they had used Rich in AvX and all the other stories and events Sam was a part of, I think Nova might be a much bigger deal than he is now. By all means bring in Sam too, but taking Rich out felt like a really questionable call at that particular time.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

Excuse Plots. Especially ones that involve MacGuffins.

The Lifeline Tablet and its expies were really cool plot elements to include in Spider-Man mythos which makes the fact that it’s simply used as something for gangsters to fight over really disappointing.

where are the web wings
    where do they go
    they should be standard
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Characters like Squirrel Girl, Gwenpool, and to a smaller extent Deadpool. They would be fine in their own universe. But, imo, they cheapen the 616.

Astonishing Member

No continuity and having so many non 616 characters running around the 616 U.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Focusing on a shared universe over better comics in isolation.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Likely not unique to me, but it always bugs me when the X-Men are playing baseball on an off day and either the artist has no idea what baseball is or they're forced to draw a compacted version of the field where they're all ridiculously close to each other.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

When characters take off their civilian clothes to change into their superhero costumes and don't go to pick up their clothes when they are done. I'm sure New York City is littered with disregarded clothes.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Heroines that are supposed to physically fight in heels, and in men and women, long and loose hair. They are going to die in the name of fashion and theatricals.

The destruction of Atlantis(insert other fictional cities) in one issue and then in the following issue or the next time it shows up its magically put back together with no explanation.

(a few other people have already mention here)
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    When characters take off their civilian clothes to change into their superhero costumes and don't go to pick up their clothes when they are done. I'm sure New York City is littered with disregarded clothes.
    Either that or New York has the world's best dressed homeless population.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

ridiculous plot threads like some characters joining hydra albeit under duress but it renders characters like unworthy thor Frank and Scott lang unusable thrash for colluding with nazi lite.

I'm not sure it's a small detail, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, but the idea of almost anybody becoming an Avenger these days annoys me. It's like just about any bunch of people decide to get together and call themselves Avengers. It shouldn't work that way, IMO. Yeah, I'll form a band and we'll call ourselves the "Canadian Beatles", and sing hard rock... don't think it's going to go well :P Plus the fact that they seem to do it more for themselves or the prestige of the name rather than to help and better mankind, it doesn't sit well with me.

The fact that the new Wasp didn't take her father's name but that of an unrelated person bugs me (no pun intended ). I have had conversations about this before in these forums, and I understand the reasons behind it, even though I don't agree with them. It reeks of movie synergy and none of the arguments for it convinced me it was logical.

On a similar note, the fact that Hank Pym got a minuscule funeral ceremony with only a few people there bugs me. Heck, Tigra wasn't even there, most of his so-called friends weren't there. Basically the only people there were the ones that we saw in the OGN.
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I'm not sure it's a small detail, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, but the idea of almost anybody becoming an Avenger these days annoys me. It's like just about any bunch of people decide to get together and call themselves Avengers. It shouldn't work that way, IMO. Yeah, I'll form a band and we'll call ourselves the "Canadian Beatles", and sing hard rock... don't think it's going to go well :P Plus the fact that they seem to do it more for themselves or the prestige of the name rather than to help and better mankind, it doesn't sit well with me.

The fact that the new Wasp didn't take her father's name but that of an unrelated person bugs me (no pun intended ). I have had conversations about this before in these forums, and I understand the reasons behind it, even though I don't agree with them. It reeks of movie synergy and none of the arguments for it convinced me it was logical.

On a similar note, the fact that Hank Pym got a minuscule funeral ceremony with only a few people there bugs me. Heck, Tigra wasn't even there, most of his so-called friends weren't there. Basically the only people there were the ones that we saw in the OGN.
    I agree with the 'we're avengers now' mentality when they aren't. They need to trademark the Avengers name and sue anybody that rips off their name. West Coast Avengers current run was one such case. I have made this point in other threads but when a bunch of untrained teenagers who are sponsored by a reality TV show calls themselves Avengers surely this would flag up as the last time a reality TV show following untrained youths ran about they blew up a school and we all know where that led. Back in the day when the Great Lakes Avengers named themselves that Hawkeye and Mockingbird found them as you couldn't just claim the title.