Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    When Mojo maturedKarma's siblings into Template they in turn regressed CB into childhood but he still retained his powers soooo??
    So you're saying he's a Killcrop?

The origin of Brian's powers is completely contradictory, though it could be explained by Merlyn deliberately interfering with his powers development. I don't think it does him any favours to be labeled a mutant, though - look at the number of heroes being screwed over in the X-books. It's just too crowded over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Namor has been established to be hybrid between Homo superior and Homo mermanus. I doubt that it is their Atlantean side that has X-Gene.

I guess adding the mutant to the mix was to explain why not all hybrids of Atlantean and human are ridiculously strong, if not in a mixture generation you would have an unstoppable army.

Regarding Franklin, I understand that cosmic radiation boosted his mutation. He probably would have had powers if his parents were normal but not so powerful but he has a X-Gene.
    The wings, so far, is the only thing that makes Namor a mutant. The other stuff is/was said to be a mix of his Royal heritage and Atlantean Inborn Magic .
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Incredible Member

No, Brian is a magically empowered human akin to Shazam/Captain Marvel. His powers come from the CB uniform and proximity to Britain (though this fluctuates depending on the writer).

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    So you're saying he's a Killcrop?
    When did Captain Britain 'become' Captain Britain??

I never thought of Brain being a mutant although both his siblings are. But I wouldn't be against him having a latent x-gene. What I always wondered was: Is his family one of the few hybrids contacted to Otherworld? And if they are, does Brain's connection make him stronger than the average Captain Britain?
    Was it every established how strong an Otherworlder is? I know the Celtic Gods live there but they hardly interact with the Captain Britain lore.
    So are the humanoid denizens either Fey (faerie folk), minor gods (akin to the average Asgardian), or humans?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Wonder if he has a dormant X-Gene. It's fairly rare in the X-Verse for one sibling to have powers and the others to not. Every Summers brother, all four Frost siblings, all of the Guthries.
    Jean's sister wasnt a mutant. It happens and Brian can be one of those rare cases
    Last edited by Havok83; 05-13-2019 at 12:38 PM.

No, because he isn't.

Close thread.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    No, because he isn't.

Close thread.
    For reals.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean's sister wasnt a mutant. It happens and Brian can be one of those rare cases
    I mean, Christian didn't get his powers til he was 20. Paige was 16. I'd be willing to wager given how exceptionally powerful the Grey family line is that Sage could have unlocked Jean's sister's X-Gene.

works better as a non mutant. inhibitor collars won't work as a "depower" gimmick. also sentinels won't be prepared for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    No, because he isn't.

Close thread.
    I hope they make him one now out of spite.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    So is Brian a mutant or not?
    Not.

Has he ever officially been established as a mutant in the comics?
    No.

i vote no. not sure what he adds to the mix and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    works better as a non mutant. inhibitor collars won't work as a "depower" gimmick. also sentinels won't be prepared for him.
    You haven't been reading Captain America?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean's sister wasnt a mutant.
    Apparently she possessed some sort of latent mental powers that helped her resist the Phalanx. Stephen Lang said about her that "She [was] a recalcitrant sort, never really sublimating her stubborn will properly to the interests of the Phalanx. Her mental strength [was] truly remarkable - much like her sister's (X-Men Vol 2 #36)

It happens and Brian can be one of those rare cases