Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Gonna be frank here, but this is super petulant and cringey, and comes off as a prime example of why comics fandom in general has a bad/negative reputation.
    How? He's right. This whole entire arc has been exactly what he described. From the very beginning this whole thing has felt less like wanting to try something "new and different" with Dick Grayson, and more like it's just meant to shit on him. From most of the Batamily not seeming to care about what's happening to Dick, to Ric never missing an opportunity to talk about how much his old self sucks, to Barbara apparently feeling like she was the one who owed Ric an apology and acting as a heavy-handed metaphor for the audiences who should "accept that Dick is gone". What's truly petulant and cringey is this entire Ric Grayson saga. The Batfamily already has three angsty brats (one of whom is the damn patriarch), what the hell did they need to give Dick the edge-lord makeover for?
    Last edited by Blue22; 05-15-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Gonna be frank here, but this is super petulant and cringey, and comes off as a prime example of why comics fandom in general has a bad/negative reputation.
    Oh I am done properly reviewing this book as this is ALL they give us. Just pretty much fed up with it. It is the same old same old and I am sorry but if writers cant be assed to put in any effort into their writing and storylines then they don't deserve to be treated like some literary masterminds. They have turned Dick into a petulant child who is cringe-worthy, so if the natural fed-up reaction to that after what, 10 issues now, comes off as petulant and cringey than it is just fitting.

I read this book for Dick Grayson. If I wanted to read about cops of Blüdhaven whose names and presence will be forgotten the moment this Ric nonsense ends, I would go read a book titled "Cops of Blüdhaven". People are welcome to enjoy such stories and characters, just don't hijack my book and the character I love for it. But then, this is all meant to be filler, nothing more. Something to waste all our times with as Dick can not be allowed to "exist" in the Bat-universe right now as it doesn't work into their overall Batman plans. But it is a shame he is not allowed to exist even in his own book and has no real personality or story anymore.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

The Condition of this book is nonsensical, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Oh I am done properly reviewing this book as this is ALL they give us. Just pretty much fed up with it. It is the same old same old and I am sorry but if writers cant be assed to put in any effort into their writing and storylines then they don't deserve to be treated like some literary masterminds. They have turned Dick into a petulant child who is cringe-worthy, so if the natural fed-up reaction to that after what, 10 issues now, comes off as petulant and cringey than it is just fitting.

I read this book for Dick Grayson. If I wanted to read about cops of Blüdhaven whose names and presence will be forgotten the moment this Ric nonsense ends, I would go read a book titled "Cops of Blüdhaven". People are welcome to enjoy such stories and characters, just don't hijack my book and the character I love for it. But then, this is all meant to be filler, nothing more. Something to waste all our times with as Dick can not be allowed to "exist" in the Bat-universe right now as it doesn't work into their overall Batman plans. But it is a shame he is not allowed to exist even in his own book and has no real personality or story anymore.
    I dropped this book. I can't believe they are stretching this out still. End this **** already. These other "nightwings" are not able to carry a title. The artwork has been horrible, the writing is beyond horrible.

SERIOUS QUESTION: Is there ANYONE reading this book that can honestly say the LIKE IT?? If so, please let us know.
    Last edited by RickWJ324; 05-16-2019 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickWJ324 View Post

SERIOUS QUESTION: Is there ANYONE reading this book that can honestly say the LIKE IT?? If so, please let us know.
    I wouldn’t say I like it, but the last few issues have at least returned it to “interesting car crash” territory, at least for now.
    Cheers - CL

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    I wouldn’t say I like it, but the last few issues have at least returned it to “interesting car crash” territory, at least for now.
    That's "something" I guess.....

Extraordinary Member

is ric living in bludhaven ?