Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Extraordinary Member

let this summer be the end of it were 10 issues rick

Really, now Dick is calling this turd Nightwing Prime. Just when I think the creators they managed to find for this couldn’t be more out of touch, good lord. The old dudes they’re putting on this book just don’t get it do they.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-11-2019 at 06:41 PM.

ughhhhhhhh

please end it

I like how one of the arguments people used to make with this whole Ric arc to defend it is that they liked the cops, but I really just find them insufferable and don't care about any of them or their stories, but this whole new arc seems to be about them. Because that is exactly what people want in a Nightwing book...

Thanks. I hate it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

There's sure been a lack of Nightwing in these Nightwing comics lately....

Oh my God, issue after issue after issue of Ric babbling on about how he doesn't want to be a hero and how he doesn't understand why people would want to be a hero... Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!

Astonishing Member

I guess not being as beholden to the Nightwing "franchise" (not since his spy days ended) as some here allows me to appreciate the different perspective this arc has provided for the character. It likely also helps me to appreciate the perspectives of the other Nightwings, as developing and progressing characters being explored in their own rights and as character foils to Grayson. Going from this, I also appreciate the level of dedication and investment in exploring this direction and these characters, old and new.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schumiac View Post
    Oh my God, issue after issue after issue of Ric babbling on about how he doesn't want to be a hero and how he doesn't understand why people would want to be a hero... Shut up! Shut up! SHUT UP!
    Gonna be frank here, but this is super petulant and cringey, and comes off as a prime example of why comics fandom in general has a bad/negative reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I guess not being as beholden to the Nightwing "franchise" (not since his spy days ended) as some here allows me to appreciate the different perspective this arc has provided for the character. It likely also helps me to appreciate the perspectives of the other Nightwings, as developing and progressing characters being explored in their own rights and as character foils to Grayson. Going from this, I also appreciate the level of dedication and investment in exploring this direction and these characters, old and new.
    I don't know if it's bothering people beholden to the Nightwing "franchise" so much as Dick Grayson as a character, since the direction and handling of Dick just doesn't seem to be treating the character with very high regard or care (right down to how this status quo came about to begin with).

Lol yeah Nightwing isn't a franchise.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

LoL, here’s the thing with Ric. When anyone actually listens to what is being said with Ric you quickly see how hollow and shallow this direction actually is. But that’s what get when it’s dependent upon creators who really have nothing to say. So we end up with not so deep introspective thoughts like how weird is it to grow up in a cave, and constant contradictions. While the Nightwings are just cardboard cutouts. Starved for actual development and real character traits.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-14-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Nothing about the cop Nightwings are interesting. They have added zero value to the franchise and will be forgotten as soon as this Ric story is over. They are poor attempts at trying to shove in some similarities to the Batman/Gotham dynamic for Nightwing/Bludhaven but it completely fails to realize that the comparison doesn't work. Because Bludhaven doesn't have an ounce of the history as a Gotham where the themes of there always needing to be a Batman in Gotham are used appropriately. It is a shitty Superheavy or We Are Robin knockoff and about as lazy a story as you could come up with.

Also they are there just to pad out this story because Ric isn't interesting enough to carry this long arc on his own so they shoved in these cop characters because they literally had nothing else to worth with. I can't wait to see these cop characters fall into obscurity and forgotten like the wastes of time they are.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I legitimately can't decide if I like the art on this book. He clearly wears his inspiration on his sleeve, but I can't quite decide if it's hit or miss.

Honestly, I think its the only reason I still pick this book up.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!