Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Condorman

and The Tick TV series on Amazon, but i dont know if its considered bad. Its just a load of fun and i always have to laugh about the Tick.

BANNED

Twilight!

C'mon! So much problematic stuff! A 100+ year old dude chasing a teenager, and adults continually going to high school, vampires that can go out in daytime but who sparkle in sunlight... really, really, REALLY bad acting, the worst (and most hilarious) dialogue, stuttering and clumsy Bella, vampires with superpowers... It's the best.

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

We are Venom

Come to think of it, Big Showdown In Little Tokyo.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Van Dam/Julia Street Fighter. It's bad or cheesy moments are dripping with so much charm that they become the reason to watch and enjoy the film

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    and The Tick TV series on Amazon, but i dont know if its considered bad. Its just a load of fun and i always have to laugh about the Tick.
    The Tick is a great show, but it's also a critically lauded quality production. I really don't think it belongs in this thread.

Condorman, though -- that's a GREAT candidate.

The "Bad" Star Trek movies do have their highlights here and there.

1-has probably the best effects out of the first couple of films, and largely determined the 'look' of Star Trek for years (A lot of the stuff in the later movies and spinoffs are actually recycled from TMP). Great goldsmith music work too.Plus the most philosophical of the films.

3-Perhaps the best of the "even" films. Although TWOK is of course the better film, I'd argue that apart from the Genesis planet sets III has better special effects, since a lot of II's were pretty much stock footage from TMP. Spacedock, the Excelsior, Bird of Prey, etc. A lot of fun, I think perhaps it's misfortune is that it's sandwhiched between what most agree are the best TOS films and sort of pales next to them.

5-Another decent Goldsmith score, plus I think it's really the only other film apart from TWOK to really feature the Kirk/Spock/McCoy dynamic pretty well. In I Spock's largely doing his own thing, III he's dead, IV McCoy is largely separated from the two, ditto with VI except it's Kirk and McCoy. The scene in the officer's lounge with McCoy and Spock reliving painful experiences from their past is also a highlight.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The Warriors. Terribly awesome.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Oh, man.

I have a bit of trouble with that film getting to "Worst". There is a lot of really great acting in it.

I don't know if you guys have seen Scorpion King 3 and 4 movies.. I watched them recently and they were a lot of fun lol.. not great but not terrible, just campy fun with solid production values.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    Speaking of terribly awesome, how about 1980's FLASH GORDON? I loved that movie as a kid and it still holds a soft spot in my heart. You could tell everyone was just having so much fun making the movie despite them knowing everything is so ridiculous. Plus, a movie whose soundtrack is done by Queen is going to be spectacular over the top fun.

Much like HIGHLANDER, another ridiculous movie that is great fun.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

The Room

/thread

Invincible Member

How about "Mission Impossible 2"? It's a nonsensical movie made by talented people. But I enjoy watching the climax just for the sheer lunacy of it all.

Star Trek: Nemesis

It always gets listed as a bad bad Star Trek movie but I enjoyed it. Not the best ST movie but definitely better than most of the movies with the original cast and far better than Insurrection.

Retired

I don't think SHOWGIRLS is the worst movie, but it's been often put down as not that good. However, I find it a great watch. And when I saw the movie BLACK SWAN, that movie told the same story. Except, that Elizabeth Berkley's character is a bad ass and Nathalie Portman's not so much. If you combine BLACK SWAN with CLOSER, you've got SHOWGIRLS. And SHOWGIRLS is just more fun.