Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Unlikely DC couples you'd like to see

Pretty self-explanatory, who are some characters you'd like to see together who haven't and/or likely won't end up together? Why? I have a couple in mind. (Does that count as a pun? I'd like to think so)
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 03-05-2019 at 11:00 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Simon Baz/Vixen.
    Duke/Gotham Girl.
    Superboy/Ginny Hex.
    Lucien/Dora.
    Etrigan/WW.
    Hippolyta/Dr.Midnite
    Hippolyta/Hepheastus
    Damian/Crush
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 03-05-2019 at 07:34 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I've posted this elsewhere on this forum, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    ...I could have sworn Jimmy, Justin and Amanda were sowing the seeds for [Power Girl] to take interest in Doctor Mid-Nite back in their run... The seventh issue, if I recall. The Vaartox one. She bombs in on one of his solo encounters to just hang out, she jokes about her love life which she generally doesn't do, and he's in Lois' place on the homage cover. I know, I'm probably reading into it, but it reminded me of someone she'd be interested in being juxtaposed with the exact opposite, a guy so toxic in masculinity he's weaponized it. But I like it primarily because he's quite opposite of her in terms of personality. She's louder, more aggressive and with some real sass to her when she's not angsting over her lost worlds. Pieter is a quieter, more introspective person driven by fact, faith and generally quite patient. Their power sets are inverses of one another (raw physical prowess versus intellect and precision) and each could help develop the other in ways not generally organic to themselves. Of course there's also the sweet irony of a character often referred to for her figure and naught else being paired with the blind man is fun in itself.

It allows for a serious take as well as some fun and comedy, which is a good place for PG to live.

He's about two tiers below her in popularity if I had to guess, and generally has no real connection to any superheroes romantically (sans a short relationship with Black Canary), so I can see it having a more lasting impact on each of their histories. That said, I did love the Terrific/Mid-Nite brain trust and that may get awkward since she and Michael briefly dated post-Flashpoint. Who knows anymore?

I'm also fine with Kara just being happy single. That's increasingly rare these days.

Ascended also got me to come around to her and Dick Grayson for a fun break from the usual tug-of-war between red head flavors Earth and Tamaranian.

I do kind of enjoy Artemis and Jason over in his book (when she and Bizarro were a part of it), but I think what makes it so appealing is Jason's complete lack of game. If they actually got together I'm not sure it'd really be as fun.

While I do think a bromance would work just fine, that's not the question posed by the OP, so I'll say that John Stewart probably needs a lady to ground him a bit but also really challenge him and draw him out of his stern exterior. The biggest obstacle to him (other than DC not letting him star in a book) is he really doesn't have a supporting cast that themselves aren't superheroes, no real defined niche and no set team-up (is his partner Hal? Guy? Kyle? Does he even have a best friend?). Is Lady Blackhawk around? Zinda could get definitely get him to unwind. That might be fun. It also has zero chances of happening.

Like Robanker, i also kind of dig the idea of Dr Midnite and Power Girl in the Pre-Flashpoint continuity (althougth i doubt that Amanda intendwd something like that at the time), more or lest for the same reason.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

Garfield Logan and Tefe Holland since I knew there was a discarded story in which they could merge in one creature.

Quote Originally Posted by Krivus View Post
    Garfield Logan and Tefe Holland since I knew there was a discarded story in which they could merge in one creature.
    That's....that's actually amazing. DC, you cowards!!
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Nightwing/Power girl
    Wonder Woman/Nightwing

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    That's....that's actually amazing. DC, you cowards!!

There are several sketches about that series:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08...lias-kyriazis/

Captain Cold and Catwoman: Would 100 percent end with them double crossing each other, but would make for a funny story.
    Lex Luthor and Amanda Waller: God help us all.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Captain Cold and Catwoman: Would 100 percent end with them double crossing each other, but would make for a funny story.
    Lex Luthor and Amanda Waller: God help us all.
    Luthor and Waller sounds like solid foundation for the next crisis level event

Quote Originally Posted by Krivus View Post
    There are several sketches about that series:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08...lias-kyriazis/
    We were robbed.

currently following:

Batman/Calendar Girl
    Zatanna/Flash
    Deathstroke/Lady Shiva
    Ra’s al Ghul/Poison Ivy
    Maxima/Darkseid
    Heracles/Power Girl
    Doctor Mid-Nite/Black Canary
    Mr. Terrific/Phantom Lady
    Lex Luthor/Veronica Cale
    Catman/Prometheus
    Beast Boy/Jayna of the Wonder Twins
    Mad Harriet/The Creeper
    Eviless/Sinestro
    Lois Lane/Steve Trevor
    Magpie/Slyfox

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Lois Lane/Steve Trevor

Call up Kal and Diana, and there's some serious poly-potential there...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Cyborg and Oracle
    Nightwing and Black Canary
    Starfire and Kyle Rayner
    Bane and Wonder Woman
    Renee Montoya and Vicki Vale

Just to get out of the way, and in Elseworld, Batman and Wonder Woman.

While I am enjoying the Jason Todd and Artemis Grace relationship, maybe see how he and Supergirl do. I know it was slightly teased in the New52, but maybe actually expanding on it.

That's about all I got. Just not really a shipper outside of canonical couples.