Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    All of the original X-Men were sent home, with their memories of the experience locked away until they aged to the point where their younger selves were sent home. (This is why older Cyclops remembered being a member of Ms. Marvel's new Champions in War of the Realms.)
    That's right! Thanks. I read every X book and I'm not sure if that helps or hinders my ability to keep it all straight. OzzyMan Reviews calls Daenarys "Aunty Girlfriend" in relation to Jon Snow and I thought that sounds like something you could use in the X verse... "Clone Son", "Brother from a clone Mother", "Future Daddy", etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    Mmm.. maybe not what she was originally intended for, but I think you can make a case she's heading in that direction... I think it's a good move for the character, she can be a bigger fish in a smaller pond there. Not tying into the 616 isn't really a big deal on that side of the street. More on the tween side than the kids side like Moon Girl and a few others, though, I'd say.
    Well, just comparing visually Takeshi Miyazawa definitely looks more "teen girl" book then Rodriguez did.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, just comparing visually Takeshi Miyazawa definitely looks more "teen girl" book then Rodriguez did.
    For sure! No doubt on that. I really loved Rodriquez, and selfishly I miss him, but it's better for the long term health of the character to move more into the tween realm and the current artist does fit that better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    I really don't think Gwen is going anywhere. I'd put her in the Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl, Nadia, teen Iceman category where her value lies other places than direct market monthly floppy sales.

I think a lot of Symbiote sales can be attributed towards retailers having a pretty high confidence level towards the Spidey line in general currently. Amazing is on great footing, Venom is a huge success, the Web of Venom series has done very well, Superior has a very dedicated fanbase, City at War and Life Story both have had good sell throughs... I'm seeing more people with "all spider titles" on their list lately.
    Nadia's book just got cancelled again, and Bobby's starred the adult Iceman, not the now gone teen version.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think Gwen is gonna be alright, especially since her sales are fairly close to Superior, Miles, and Friendly Neighborhood's currently, so if the trade (which the first one just came out now) does decently enough I think the book will stay afloat for at the absolute least about another year.

Also Gwen was included in the FCBD Spidey teaser alongside Miles, Venom, and Otto, so I assume that would mean she'll be sticking around for a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I think Gwen is gonna be alright, especially since her sales are fairly close to Superior, Miles, and Friendly Neighborhood's currently, so if the trade (which the first one just came out now) does decently enough I think the book will stay afloat for at the absolute least about another year.
    I mean, she's not dangerously low, but compared to SpOck and Miles she's in the lower 20K so I think she's probably the one who's title we need to watch out for the most.
    Also Gwen was included in the FCBD Spidey teaser alongside Miles, Venom, and Otto, so I assume that would mean she'll be sticking around for a bit longer.
    Oh definitely, but that teaser was just for this year of her book. I think she maybe gets that and maybe a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    The Direct Market isn't what it was 3 years ago. Like even Deadpool is only selling half as well as it used to.
    I think that has less to do with the direct market and more to do with Marvel over-saturating the market with Deadpool books for years. They've since trimmed it down but people clearly were exhausted by the character.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Yeah. I honestly won't be surprised if Panini UK axe the Wolverine and Deadpool book (in favour of Wolverine and the X-Men, perhaps) after they reach the end of All-New Wolverine next issue. At one point there was so much material that they had to launch Deadpool Unleashed... but now that title alone will be enough for Wade (it's about to relaunch with the start of Young's run and Ewing's You Are Deadpool). He's no longer got enough material to fill one and a half reprint mags (Spider-Man/Deadpool runs in Astonishing Spider-Man).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    I think that has less to do with the direct market and more to do with Marvel over-saturating the market with Deadpool books for years. They've since trimmed it down but people clearly were exhausted by the character.
    Both.

I remember when Deadpool had only one series, and i was looking foreward to it every month. Great stuff when it started with volume 1. Then Deadpool had more and more books and i tried to buy everything until the product lost quality and i was clearly bored by it. So i canceled every DP book and do not intend to buy a new one, even when its just one. The same with Wolverine and Conan right now.

I dont know if that even makes sense, but it is what it is...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    My guess is if/when they try again*, it'll be with her coming over to 616 (or whatever we're calling it). Whether it's permanent or something like Spider-Gwen Team Up (e.g. Web Warriors Redux Starring Gwen), it's easier to tie Gwen's stories into the supposed tent pole events if she's in-universe. Maybe Spider-Women (since Cindy and Jessica are both more or less on the sidelines right now, anyway)?

*It wouldn't shock me if digital/trade sales are propping the title up, so it could be awhile
    This was the only time I've ever been right
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...hed-in-august/
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    This was the only time I've ever been right
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05...hed-in-august/
    Relaunching that soon, I expect the book to get canceled even quicker.

Mighty Member

Nah, it'll tie into Absolute Carnage, then the December event, then ...
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

It's another same creative team relaunch. I thought Secret Wars was the first and last time that would happen. Even the recent Champions relaunch changed the artist.