Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Default Scenario: Two Characters From Marvel and DC Switch Universes

Mark Millar once said in his short lived stint as a writer that in the mid nineties, Marvel and DC were in talks to have two of their medium selling characters (Daredevil and Wonder Woman respectively were named dropped) switch universes for a year. DC character X would now be residing in the Marvel Universe and their monthly escapades would be written, drawn, colored, lettered, edited by faculty of Marvel Comics. Same for the Marvel character in question, but in reverse.

If this actually happened, and it happened today, how would you go about it? Which Marvel and DC characters would switch universes. What would plot elements be? Who would be the creative teams? Go crazy.

BANNED

I always thought Black Lightning would work in the Marvel Universe because he initially was being optioned for Marvel and other publishes before debuting in DC Comics.

From Marvel: Power Man & Iron Fist

Hasta la vista: Harley Quinn & Lobo
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Mighty Member

Black Knight and Jim Corrigan. Black Knight shows up in the DC universe, not the first time he's ended up somewhere strange. He lands in Gotham, claiming to be a hero, but the heroes of Gotham are some of the most paranoid out there and they quickly realize that something is not quite right. They always say Black Knight has mastered the Ebony Blade, but they also always force him to relapse. In this comic, he'd definitely start struggling to resist at points, and this battle with Ebony blade has people wondering if he's a villain. Is Black Knight going to end up in Arkham Asylum? Everyone is studying him with intense distrusty, and he doesn't like it. Furthermore, a new Shining Knight has arisen the day of Black Knights appearance. Is he or she friend or foe? Is there a larger destiny at hand? What does Kitana, Deathstroke, and Azreal (Michael Lane) have to do with it? Black Knight must survive both extreme scrutiny, untrustworthy allies, and the Eminence of Blades to return to the Marvel Universe!

Jim Corrigan has found his way into the Marvel universe, and the Spectre has come with him! The Marvel Universe bleeds sin, and the Spectre wishes to respond with retribution, but is the Spectre as powerful as he once was? Who will the Spectre serve to obtain the power to fulfill its purpose? Galactus? Eternity? Something greater!? Something like...Doom! Jim Corrigan is fascinated by the Marvel Universe, even thinks about a possible fresh start, but quickly realizes the restlessness of The Spectre. He wishes to hurry home, but who can he turn to for help? Shield? The Avengers? Doom!? All Corrigan knows is that The Spectre has struck first, so his options are few. Meanwhile, Johnny Blaze King of Hell sends Danny Ketch to investigate. Now imbued with multiple spirits with different skillsets, can Ketch save both Corrigan and the Marvel Universe?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I second Luke Cage and Iron Fist coming to DC.

Harley Quinn and the Joker can go to Marvel.

Spectacular Member

Dc: Beast Boy and Death of the Endless

Marvel: Magneto and Death

Beast Boy-Magneto: their storylines would be centered on finding themselves in worlds where the view on people with a gene that give powers is vastly different.

Death of the Endless-Death: their would be more about getting into the new universe: because if the job is exactly the same, the organization is very different. Also, the Endless will have to deal with two little problems.... one starts with a D and the other with an T.

I always thought Rogue would be interesting in the DCU. Her powers are pretty impressive, and putting her on a team like the League would just be over the top crazy. I suppose we'd have to bring Gambit along too; those two are always better together and I think Remy's particular......worldview.....would be interesting in the DC setting.

Just off the top of my head I'd like to see their stories revolve around Rogue hitting the big time with the JLA and really getting a taste of that "best there is" heroism, and the League of Assassins trying to recruit Gambit.

For the DC trade, back in the day I thought it'd be interesting to see a legacy hero like Wally West in the MU, where legacy wasn't much of a consideration. These days Marvel has a ton of legacy heroes but I'd still send Wally there just to save him from DC's treatment. Actually, let's include Nightwing in that too. Not *just* because I dont like how DC has used those characters, but because I think it'd be interesting to see them in a world without decades of heroic history and where their pedigrees don't matter. It'd give Dick and Wally a chance to really figure out who they are without the shadows of Bruce and Barry being there.

Given that Wally's kids are basically mutants, being in the MU would give him some interesting narratives to explore, and Marvel's street level crowd is far more varied and eclectic than DC's, which is largely just Bats and Arrows, so that'd be interesting for Dick. Plus, Dick meeting Peter Parker and Miles Morales would just be fantastic. And seeing the MU try to handle a "real" speedster like Wally? They've never dealt with someone like him before; Quicksilver is all well and good but Wally makes him look like the Turtle.
    Last edited by Ascended; 05-12-2019 at 12:50 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Boisterously Confused

To DC: Dr. Strange. The rules of magic are completely different in this strange land, seeming fueled more by the whims of otherworldly entities than on manipulation of the forces underlying the forces of thought and nature. Yet several dangerous adepts have detected his presence, including Wotan and Felix Faust, all of whom covet the strange and interesting artifacts Stange carries. Strange must find a way to master these chaotic magics before his new enemies find him.

To Marvel: Deathstroke. The world's greatest mercenary is suddenly in a world where no one knows his rep. How is a soldier of Fortune to keep living in the style to which he's become accustomed? By proving himself against the great warriors of this place, Captain America, Deadpool, the Punisher, Paladin, the Winter Soldier, Batroc, Crossbones, and the Black Widow to establish his cred. Sometimes competing to one-up his new rivals, and sometimes fighting them in the pay of their enemies, Slade Wilson thrills in the new challenge to once again prove himself the best there is.

I'd swap Batman and Garth for Black Panther and Sunspot
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

If not the Heroes for Hire, I'd bring Silver Surfer and Ben Grimm/The Thing over to DC.

The Surfer would travel the spaceways anew. The Thing would find himself inspired by guys like Superman.

Incredible Member

To be more interesting I'm gonna suggest switching superman and the punisher.....

Hm, perhaps switch Storm and Vixen. It’ll be really interesting to see how the latter gets along with Black Panther.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

DC - Captain Britain: It would be interesting to see what kinds of stories DC could create for him. A British invasion of a different sort, I'd wager.

Marvel - Rorschach: I would love to see how Marvel handles a sociopathic detective. It would be interesting just to see his interactions with both Alias: Jessica Jones & Marc Spector: Moon Knight.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 05-13-2019 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

Ice and Fire for Thor and Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I second Luke Cage and Iron Fist coming to DC.

Harley Quinn and the Joker can go to Marvel.
    I would love to see the MU dogpile on the joker.