Mighty Member

Default Absolute The Authority vol 1 (new edition) question

Hi,

the new edition of Absolute The Authority vol 1, in what order are the stories presented?

I've read it includes both the story from the 25y of Wildstorm book as well as the planetary/authority cross over. Got me curious. Where are they placed in the book? In the back after issue 12, or between the rest of the issues?

I'm hoping planetary/Authority between the Shiftships and Outer Dark arks, and the 25y of wild storm story serving as a send off after issue 12.

They are presented in chronological, not publishing order. I believe the Planetary and Wildstorm special stories are inserted just before Ellis and Hitch's final arc.

I too would have preferred the latter-- there's a reason the Wildstorm special is called "Requiem."

Mighty Member

Thank you for replying.

At least the planetary cross over was put in the "right" place then. Still, Requim will probably set up the ending quite fine. I also guess 12's ending sets up book 2 a bit better, or at least more direct. Btw, it (bk 2) any good? Millar is usually a bit too hardcore for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Thank you for replying.

At least the planetary cross over was put in the "right" place then. Still, Requim will probably set up the ending quite fine. I also guess 12's ending sets up book 2 a bit better, or at least more direct. Btw, it (bk 2) any good? Millar is usually a bit too hardcore for my taste.
    Millar’s stuff is ok, but it’s not in the same league as Ellis’s work

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Thank you for replying.

I like some of Millar's work (Jupiter's Legacy, Magic Order, Superman: Red Son), but I thought his work on The Authority was downright horrible. Not as bad as Old Man Logan, but kind of close.

Aside from the Ellis run, the only other Authority material I've enjoyed reading was when Brubaker was on the book. They recently released a tpb of Brubaker's run, the artist was Dustin Nguyen.....On a side note, I had to Google Nguyen's first name before I posted this. I started second-guessing my memory and thought I was having 21 Jump Street flashbacks.

Mighty Member

Finished reading it the other night. I really liked the inclusion of Requim. While it'd been awesome if it served as an ending, it still added to the original one.

I've read some of Millar's stuff as well. But I don't feel the need to get his run. Not my thing.