Quote Originally Posted by TriggerWarning View Post
He's Marvel's franchise character yet adjusted for inflation (so you have actual ticket sales) Homecoming only came in 13th out of 21 Marvel movies. To me that is disappointing results for the flagship character and lies firmly on franchise fatigue. Even without adjusting for inflation it only finished 4th of the 6 Spidey movies to date. Adjusting for inflation it really falls back of the far superior first three movies, even Spidey 3 which doesn't deserve the hate it gets - while flawed due to too many storylines going on meaning all were underdeveloped there were still some solid aspects to it.
TAS movies though I didnt hate them really hurt the brand. Spiderman as far as profit it still the most popular superhero period. He sells merchandise like no other Superhero but hes not the flagship of the MCU. You can twist it anyway you want Homecoming was a sucess with critics and fans. Far from home did great overseas and is looking at 120m+ Opening domestic. If this movie has a serious drop from the previous movie then I'll take your claim serious.

Also I hate the Inflation debate. So many thing have changed with our culture. When you do it with movies the older you go the more factors that are at play the comparison is just dumb.. Regardless Homecoming made just short of 900m on a 175m budget. If 880m is what Fatigue looks like then I dont see Fatigue ever being a real issue for these movies. But after Spiderman 3 and TAS franchise Homecoming was the good Will Spiderman needed.