Default Batman movies or X-Men movies.Which was more uneven.

My feelings towards Batman movies and X-Men movies is one of love-hate. As much as I am very critical of MCU movies for the constant juvenility, these other series were so uneven, it was just as frustrating. For every high, there is a low. They are two of the most uneven series I can think off. The two series hired untalented hacks to write and direct their last rebooted movies, which proved fatal. With regards to unevenness which was worse?

Batman 89
    Batman Returns

Batman Forever
    Batman and Robin

Batman Begins
    The Dark Knight
    The Dark Knight Rises

Batman v Superman
    Justice League.

X-Men 1
    X-Men 2

X-Men 3
    X-Men Origins

First Class
    The Wolverine
    Days of Future Past

Deadpool
    Logan
    Deadpool 2

X-Men Apocalypse
    X-Men Dark Phoenix.

My personal verdict is 2/2 for Batman and 3/5 for X-Men.

Disney and Warner Brothers are rebooting them again. Wiping all the slates. The new reboots won't have any connection to any past movies mentioned. Which of the two series will get to rise again? I will go with Batman on paper. I have a very good idea of what Disney will do to X-Men judging from how they are handling Spiderman and how the MCU works.

Batman seems to be going back to a more independent free thinking filmmaking style from everything I have heard about Robert Pattinson's upcoming Batman movies, usually leading to better movies to X-Men that is now going to be part of a ''disney formula''

Astonishing Member

With Robert Pattison as Batman I know a lot of people who wouldn't spend money on that. Means every friend I have (yes, more than 3 lol) my wife, my daughter and son were telling me they wouldn't pay for it.

So I guess Marvel will do the right thing with X-Men and the Disney formula to make it successful. But I hope they will let them rest in peace for at least 5 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    With Robert Pattison as Batman I know a lot of people who wouldn't spend money on that. Means every friend I have (yes, more than 3 lol) my wife, my daughter and son were telling me they wouldn't pay for it.
    Batman is well established in movies. if its quality, people will show up. If it is not, people will still show up in a week and not bother again.

So I guess Marvel will do the right thing with X-Men and the Disney formula to make it successful. But I hope they will let them rest in peace for at least 5 years or so
    Putting X-men in a spiderman reboot situation. On pure instincts, I would wish disney would not try and make the same mistake they did with Spiderman. Disney needs restructuring for X-Men
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-25-2019 at 05:01 AM.

Astonishing Member

Putting X-men in a spiderman reboot situation. On pure instincts, I would wish disney would not try and make the same mistake they did with Spiderman. Disney needs restructuring for X-Men[/QUOTE]

What kind of mistake are you referring to?

Batman Returns and Batman 89 are amazing and Returns is in my top 5 of comic book movies.

Quote Originally Posted by StanBelarsky View Post
    Batman Returns and Batman 89 are amazing and Returns is in my top 5 of comic book movies.
    I loved Batman Returns and 89 too. Liked the tone and direction of the films as they don't feel factory processed. The two movies in the late 80s and early 90s were what X-Men 1 and X-Men 2 were in the 2000s.

Batman and Forever and Batman and Robin were supposed to be continuations of Tim Burton's movies. I only realized it when I was a bit older. Talk about a big shift in tone and directing.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Putting X-men in a spiderman reboot situation. On pure instincts, I would wish disney would not try and make the same mistake they did with Spiderman. Disney needs restructuring for X-Men,What kind of mistake are you referring to?

Treating X-Men like one of their processed factory franchises as they do with marvel. Disney's only chance of getting xmen right is to create an adult contemporary universe to what they have now. X-Men needs to feel like MCU was rebooted again, instead of ..''another marvel comics series is joining the mcu''. that is what Spiderman feels like in the MCU
    Last edited by Beaddle; 07-26-2019 at 06:58 PM.

When they do bring the X-men into the MCU I'm hoping they skip the whole origin stuff and bring the team in fully formed post Xavier / Magneto.

Some of us have speculated on this already but the Dr Strange movie Multiverse of Madness would be a perfect way to do it. The show WandaVision apparently leads directly into the movie and many of us speculate that it will be about Wanda going crazy trying to resurrect Vision and creating a fake one or pulling one out of the multiverse much like she did in the comics when she created her own children. Then near the climax of the Dr Strange movie have a reverse House of M moment when instead of eliminating mutants she somehow creates them or brings them out of a universe where they already exist. They could then either bring the team in fully formed with a whole new cast, could just do some sort of hint of it like showing someone popping their claws, or even theoretically tie it to the X-men movies by bringing in a cast member they want to keep (Tye Sheridan as Cyclops for instance). Or maybe even Deadpool since he's the one X-verse character they may really want to keep since his movies have been well received.

Is this only live action? There were three big screen batman films also. Mask of the phantasm got a full wide release and two limited release films killing joke and batman and Harley.

Putting X-men in a spiderman reboot situation. On pure instincts, I would wish disney would not try and make the same mistake they did with Spiderman. Disney needs restructuring for X-Men
    The last spidey film just crossed the $b mark and spider-verse won a academy award so I don't think it was a mistake. Unless you are talking about the "amazing movies reboot". I agree. That second movie was awful. First was "ok".