Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Fire God Liu Kang (MK 11) vs Avatar Aang

So who takes the win. Standard Arena fight.

Aang can neutralize the lightning and fire, and still has a mastery of earth and air to call on. Liu Kang might have the advantage in striking force and straight hand to hand, if he's able to catch Aang which I'm not sure he can do.

Liu Kang's most impressive display is presented to be a lot more powerful than it really is. When he dive-bombed the Netherrealm army, the explosion was a bit taller than the cathedral gate and there was still a substantial number of the demons still around. Aang in the Avatar state would dunk all over this pretty hard.

Before someone mentions how he took out Cetrion, the scale of her power is relative. Impressive compared to relative normies like Jacqui and Jax, but she never dragged part of the ocean into a hurricane before cutting paths through columns of solid rock.

Aang I think takes it as he can switch powers off and keep other stuff.

Fire God Liu Kang had the following power ups..

2 Liu Kang souls in one body
    Raidens stuff
    Raiden basically telling him he had Earth Realms power in his veins.

Aang? Has many more tricks and did a lot of crazy **** and there’s are way more avatar souls to tap into for advice and powering that state up.

Incredible Member

This fight ends as soon as Liu Kang gets a solid strike in. Even assuming that Aang's avatar powers more or less cancel out or match Aang's bending, Liu Kang has the physical advantage as a fighter while Aang and every other Avatar is a glass cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    This fight ends as soon as Liu Kang gets a solid strike in. Even assuming that Aang's avatar powers more or less cancel out or match Aang's bending, Liu Kang has the physical advantage as a fighter while Aang and every other Avatar is a glass cannon.

In the cut scenes his most impressive stuff involves fire or lightning, physical wise was breaking Jades Staff with her neck taking her out.

Said thing with Fire and Lightning means competent Avatar Aang should I do that stuff. He literally has a army of former lives worth experience to access and with a focus touch could seal Lius Powers . Because **** blood bending, end Aang was a “energy bender.”

Which includes turning off bending powers.

In Lius defense though if he literally has Earths soul power, that may negate as that’s a ton of juju. And yes if Lou hits Aang.

Issue is if already in Avatar mode, easier said than done.

If Aang turning into Avatar could see Liu murder him mud transform like Azula yo 11th Power. That’s not the case.

: hits mangled and kill both button.:

Oh and I dislike both series.

: Cue Mecha Chou turning them to meaty paste and blood mist.:

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I imagine Aang can just play keep-away and redirect any lightning or fire that comes his way.

Or he buries Liu Kang with earthbending.

Liu is more durable and hits a lot harder with his fists but Aang is faster, has a ton of experience of dealing with people with competent range games and his primary fighting style is about mobility and evasion.

Plus his earth bending gives him control of the terrain in a way that Liu Kang will find extremely annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    Fire God Liu Kang can be killed by conventional means, so I'm hesistant to say he has any real durability edge when revenant Jade, Kitana and Kung-Lao can stagger him and Aang's been launched into rock walls, thrown by explosions and the like and continued fighting.

It's also not the case that Aang is unskilled as a fighter, either. His preference is to evade and find openings in close-quarters. In the Avatar state, he simply doesn't need to.

Furthermore, Liu Kang needs to cross the distance to actually punch Aang, though a four elemental barrier, while he's twisting the environment around him in a much larger area of effect than he's had to deal with.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Oh, is this meant to be full Avatar State Aang from the get-go?

Ha ha, Liu Kang is going to get messed up to an absurd degree.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, full-on Avatar State Aang is way too much for...pretty much anyone in MK.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I'd say even base Aang has durability feats that put him above most anything in Mortal Kombat, and he can amp that up pretty immediately with earthbending if he wants to. A guy with (at the time) strong enough firebending to just do scorched earth from the sky took at least some time in a direct assault at point blank range to get through Aang's earthbending. Even his airshield held it off for a second, IIRC. I might give Liu Kang a chance against base Aang in melee, but I don't see how it would ever get to melee, to be honest.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Fire God Liu Kang can be killed by conventional means, so I'm hesistant to say he has any real durability edge when revenant Jade, Kitana and Kung-Lao can stagger him and Aang's been launched into rock walls, thrown by explosions and the like and continued fighting.

It's also not the case that Aang is unskilled as a fighter, either. His preference is to evade and find openings in close-quarters. In the Avatar state, he simply doesn't need to.

Furthermore, Liu Kang needs to cross the distance to actually punch Aang, though a four elemental barrier, while he's twisting the environment around him in a much larger area of effect than he's had to deal with.
    The revenants aren't exactly normal humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The revenants aren't exactly normal humans.
    Liu Kang is no longer a revenant at this point.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra_Sonic View Post
    Liu Kang is no longer a revenant at this point.
    The post meant the remaining ones mainly Kitana, Kung Lao, and Jade.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    In the cut scenes his most impressive stuff involves fire or lightning, physical wise was breaking Jades Staff with her neck taking her out.

Said thing with Fire and Lightning means competent Avatar Aang should I do that stuff. He literally has a army of former lives worth experience to access and with a focus touch could seal Lius Powers . Because **** blood bending, end Aang was a “energy bender.”

Which includes turning off bending powers.

In Lius defense though if he literally has Earths soul power, that may negate as that’s a ton of juju. And yes if Lou hits Aang.

Issue is if already in Avatar mode, easier said than done.

If Aang turning into Avatar could see Liu murder him mud transform like Azula yo 11th Power. That’s not the case.

: hits mangled and kill both button.:

Oh and I dislike both series.

: Cue Mecha Chou turning them to meaty paste and blood mist.:
    LK's powers aren't bending, so Aang has no power over them. Liu Kang would take Aang the second he can get close up, which wouldn't be hard considering he has Raiden's powers and council in his head, meaning he should be able to teleport.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Spectacular Member

Energy bending can be used to do more than just seal bending, but Aang doesn't have much reason to try that in this fight. Aang sealed people's bending as an alternative to killing them, but even without blood lust, Aang could just knock out Liu Kang and call it a day.