Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Not sure what you're asking. Speed steals and boosts generally make things slower or faster but don't generally change existing vectors, beyond putting them to zero acceleration. The direction, vector, whatever of the speed stolen doesn't seem to matter, or be preserved. This gets weird with regards to space, but the impression I get is that it still can't change the current vector.

Putting it another way, I'm pretty sure that if the Flash tried to speed boost a rock that's just sitting on the ground, it would just heat up and explode. Which, would be useful in space travel, but also just a rocket.
    I was asking if he passed by an asteroid field if he could steal the speed of a few moving rocks and use it to adjust his own course.

BANNED

has flash ever pulled a gambit like feat of stealing every bit of kinetic energy in atoms and freezing everything AOE in general? IIRC he hasn't done anything like that though he has been shown to move so fast that everything seems to be frozen in place relatively.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I was asking if he passed by an asteroid field if he could steal the speed of a few moving rocks and use it to adjust his own course.
    As far as I'm aware, the Flash has to touch an object to take speed from it. If he's close enough to touch it, then he can just move it around normally and maneuver like that.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    has flash ever pulled a gambit like feat of stealing every bit of kinetic energy in atoms and freezing everything AOE in general? IIRC he hasn't done anything like that though he has been shown to move so fast that everything seems to be frozen in place relatively.
    He drained excess speed out of the entire earth in JLA Obsideon Age to offset the force of Wonder Woman, Superman and Martian Manhunter dragging it around.

Astonishing Member

Way back when, IIRC, Flash (original Barry) wanted to travel to another star (for reasons I don't remember). He propelled himself by vibrating molecules out of his feet to propel himself. I think he only did this once. I have no memory of how he dealt with the rigors of space.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    He drained excess speed out of the entire earth in JLA Obsideon Age to offset the force of Wonder Woman, Superman and Martian Manhunter dragging it around.
    ah so he hasn't done it actually but going by this feat he could pull it off if he so chooses though of course it doesn't explain why he didn't simply use that power to counter gamemnae. surely he could have redirected the water with his power much like she could do so magically?

Spectacular Member

He was speed stealing the shockwaves that would rip the planet apart. That feat is pretty weird, thoughm and I'm not sure how it translates to other situations.

By that point, the planet needed to be moved back into position and he didn't have any way to do that. Speed stealing isn't telekinesis. I'm not sure how he's supposed to move water around except by hand, and even with super speed that's going to work poorly.

He has speed stolen people and left them as statues on a couple of occasions. Speed steals generally wear off once the Flash lets go, so it's usually a temporary tactic. I actually only remember Wally West trying to make it permanent once, and he probably would have been better off just putting the dude in prison.

-------------
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-16-2019 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    Sorry, should have been clearer:

Does the Flash (Jay/Barry/Wally/Bart) have any feats for defying gravity on his own? Does he always need a road to run on? Can he simulate flying thru space?

Or is moving off-planet something he point-blank has never done on his own without external help?

Can pretty much run on *photons - light waves/particles, and release atoms (particles/waves) in specific directions to re-direct himself.

*What are photons you ask? Flash Fact - https://i.imgur.com/v0xCMie.jpg
    Last edited by Güicho; 07-16-2019 at 05:02 AM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

He's a witch. I knew it.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He's a witch. I knew it.
    Alan2099 had it right from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    *mumble mumble speedforce mumble*

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Alan2099 had it right from the start.
    Which makes Alan2099 a witch?
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

What is really hard to resist launching into the discussion is the end of the first set of scans above: "When the aroused speedster..."

Um. What, DC?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    What is really hard to resist launching into the discussion is the end of the first set of scans above: "When the aroused speedster..."

Um. What, DC?
    Really? Another one of those?

Throw it in with Big Barda's Mega Rod and Captain America being commanded to wank.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Really? Another one of those?

Throw it in with Big Barda's Mega Rod and Captain America being commanded to wank.
    It's the week for that hereabouts, it seems.