Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think its bad and I actually enjoy alot of it but the sales are terrible and I wonder at this pointing if they are losing money on it or even barely making even
    Yeah, i wonder at what point the book start losing money. all the age of x-man books sold around 90k (sorry if i'm wrong) but all those artist, writers and editors for six books had to be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think its bad and I actually enjoy alot of it but the sales are terrible and I wonder at this pointing if they are losing money on it or even barely making even
    Hard to say because digital factor in and we don't have much data on it. maybe be 5k or 15k. But they aren't making money on it. lucky if not losing money.
    Lucky for Marvel Hickman is around the corner. But it was a bad decision do a AU that matters zero

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This was such a terrible idea; like I said, if you wanted Cyclops and Wolverine back and things falling apart, there would be much easier ways of doing it.

Even if Hickman maybe wants to write the Scott/Jean reunion himself, there were still ways to do it, maybe one goes to outer space or whatnot, but we don't even know if it's something he asked,

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hard to say because digital factor in and we don't have much data on it. maybe be 5k or 15k. But they aren't making money on it. lucky if not losing money.
    Lucky for Marvel Hickman is around the corner. But it was a bad decision do a AU that matters zero
    I wonder how much digital helps. Outside of the US sometimes you have to wait a while to get the books (if you're lucky and the bookstore even orders them, the book selection can be very small) the fastest, cheapest and most complete way to get these books on some countries is online.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I wonder how much digital helps. Outside of the US sometimes you have to wait a while to get the books (if you're lucky and the bookstore even orders them, the book selection can be very small) the fastest, cheapest and most complete way to get these books on some countries is online.
    Digital sales seems to be stagnated. I think it is a case different in each book.
    It is weird is that we never get info about how many times it is purchased.

BANNED

I'm glad that Major X proved to be one of the better preforming X-books but these total sales numbers are still quite disappointing. Just as how I was severely disappointed by how few copies of What If? X-Men #1 were sold. Nothing gains traction anymore, readers just aren't willing risk their money on unknown books anymore and I think that speaks volumes about the state of the industry as a whole.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, i wonder at what point the book start losing money. all the age of x-man books sold around 90k (sorry if i'm wrong) but all those artist, writers and editors for six books had to be expensive.
    You can't add up the figures for all the age of x-man books because they hire many different writers and artists.

If you add up the figures for the two UXM #15 and #16, the sales would be higher than 90k with only 1 writer and 2 artist at most.

So UXM is definitely more profitable and successful.

Never mind quality or appeal- I just don’t grasp how putting most of the mutants in AU books for SUCH a long time ever sounded like a good to marvel.

Even hickman’s Eminent takeover seems to be au/time travel related. Sure it may perform well but I imagine it could perform even better if the plot were clearly starting off in the present (maybe previews will eventually clear things up, but as for now this doesn’t seem to be the case at first).

I started reading comics with bendis ANXM and this is the first time I’ve had zero interest in anything that’s out. Power to those who are finding things to enjoy though.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Go Major X, lol. Goodness, those AoXM rankings are embarrassing. For the sake of fairness, the Uncanny New Mutants aren't doing so hot either. On that particular note, here's a random thought: maybe bragging about the leads from your best-selling book being unavailable or playing bitch on defense isn't such a great idea.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 05-14-2019 at 02:25 AM.

BANNED

April sales compared to march.
    April: Uncanny 96322
    AoXM 101821

March: Uncanny 99270
    AoXM 136637

Uncanny drops 3%
    AOXM drops 25.5%
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 05-14-2019 at 12:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    April sales compared to march.
    April: Uncanny 96322
    AoXM 101821

March: Uncanny 99270
    AoXM 136637

Uncanny drops 3%
    AOXM drops 25.5%
    You can't add up the figures for AoXM because they are all written by different writers. It wouldn't be fair.

The hold/drop was the point, not the total numbers.

age of boom-boom would've slaughtered war of the realms imao
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    age of boom-boom would've slaughtered war of the realms imao
    Maybe, maybe not. At the very least it would've looked more interesting than a thirty-efffin'-two issues-long remake of Demolition Man.

Uncanny vs AOX comprassion is ridiculous. Flahsgip ongoing in main reality vs Alt reality minis.

Every book on issue 16 will have smaller drop from previous issue then any book on it`s third issue. #2 and #3 always have the biggest drops on ALL books.

AOX were made just to give Hickaman more time. Don`t get why people are still arguing about this. Bad X sales just hurt everyone.