Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The world needs more Emma Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Had to reread it. Don't see how the Extinction Team is a Secret Brotherhood Book. That would require one of them being Toad.

Also considering his stance on couplings, the <orrison Era would look good.
    They were *Read the notes* facing Mister Sinister and seeking peace in Tabula Rasa.

Pure evil.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They were *Read the notes* facing Mister Sinister and seeking peace in Tabula Rasa.

Pure evil.
    Like I said, JDW seems very much an illusion of change type of guy. For Cyclops to reverse to boyscout, you need to have him as a former "villain" seeking reform, rather than a man who has been too much to believe and follow Xavier anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hickman is using white queen
    If there's anything Hickman doesn't do, is pure nostalgia trips. I could easily see him having Emma with the title and use the HFC, but not as a villain, but as a shadow operator, like the Illuminati or Magneto.

john should use white queen because he knows emma in black is low key garbage and only bachalo pulled it off

and that's the tea
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If there's anything Hickman doesn't do, is pure nostalgia trips. I could easily see him having Emma with the title and use the HFC, but not as a villain, but as a shadow operator, like the Illuminati or Magneto.
    She hasn't been White Queen for decades. Hickman might give his own spin on it

"I never read Generation X, so I missed the boat on that series."

Shocker there. Real shocker. So he actually never read the bridge between her being evil and reforming? Okay. A lot of things make more sense now. Stupid sense. But sense.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

Shocker there. Real shocker. So he actually never read the bridge between her being evil and reforming? Okay. A lot of things make more sense now. Stupid sense. But sense.
    That also explains why he sees no issue with Monet's skin bleaching. lol How convenient. I only skimmed the interview, but that does explain a couple of things.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

One would think that the job of you know, the X-men EDITOR would be to read pretty much every important X-men book ever, if he hasn't read it before. For comparison sake, I remember Morrison mentioned that while he hadn't read X-men books in a while before he took NXM, he basically sat down for a week and read or re-read 20+ years of X-men comics before start writing it. And he was only in charge of one book.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he said he didn't read it when it was coming out, not that he never read it

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

The Extinction Team, apart from Hope and Storm, WAS basically a Secret Brotherhood though. That was Kieron Gillen's entire point. If he had been allowed to continue writing Scott and Emma were going to become full on villains.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    The Extinction Team, apart from Hope and Storm, WAS basically a Secret Brotherhood though. That was Kieron Gillen's entire point. If he had been allowed to continue writing Scott and Emma were going to become full on villains.
    Ah. Good to know messing up characters is what he does best. lol I read somewhere he was gonna give Monet ANOTHER sister. As if that family needs more people (to hardly ever be used.) lol

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Ah. Good to know messing up characters is what he does best. lol I read somewhere he was gonna give Monet ANOTHER sister. As if that family needs more people (to hardly ever be used.) lol
    Young Avengers was lovely and what was happening in Uncanny was the natural progression of those characters. I don't remember the Monet thing though? Where'd you read that?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Emma would go full villain, Cyclops would fail to do that and get backstabbed by Emma

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he said he didn't read it when it was coming out, not that he never read it
    That is how I understood it too

Quote Originally Posted by harpsikord View Post
    the extinction team, apart from hope and storm, was basically a secret brotherhood though. That was kieron gillen's entire point. If he had been allowed to continue writing scott and emma were going to become full on villains.
    ignoring this with all my might.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Yes, they were purely evil while...

Defending themselves from sentinels, Mister Sinister, fucking DRACULA, and helping Tabula Rasa. Totally what the Brotherhood does. Totally.