Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Agreed, but since the New 52 has largely been swept into limbo, I think it's safe to say that things have reverted to their Pre-Flashpoint status quo.
    Really?
    You mean ALL CONTINUITY is now back to pre-Flashpoint?

Based on what exactly?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Really?

Based on what exactly?
    We don't know. And that's the problem. I wish they'd just say one way or the other so we can move on.
    Assassinate Putin!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    We don't know. And that's the problem. I wish they'd just say one way or the other so we can move on.
    Its still NEW52 and we know it, because otherwise at least Martha would be back...
    And we also saw that only Barry and Superman remembered Wally West and what he has done in Pre-Flashpoint...

I am pretty sure at the moment is NEW52 with some changes, like Tim Drakes Origin was retransformed...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh. Gosh. I forgot about Superman Reborn resetting everything and we're on a new continuity. Just go with the most recent information or the cumulative info you got after Superman Reborn.

So what was it then?

Umm... there's never a New 52 Superman, Lois and Jon just live in a farm (is it the Kent farm?) to avoid villains targeting the family while Clark wears the New 52 outfit, then they move to Hamilton County before moving to Metropolis apartment, and now apparently Kon used to live there too before going to Gemworld.

Did Kon live there with Ma... no, that's Post Crisis. Ma and Pa still died in a car crash at Clark's prom night.

Umm... assuming this Kon has the same origin as Post Crisis Kon, that is, he appeared after Death of Superman... and Lois only married Clark after Death and Return of Superman...

So if the farm Lois hid in was the Kent farm and there's no retcon yet, Kon would've lived only in the Kent farm after the Superfamily moved to Hamilton County, but that timeline doesn't add up because Tim is already alone at this point.

So if it's not Kent farm that Lois and Jon hid in, then Kon can just live in the Kent farm right after Death and Return of Superman.

After that it's just... unoccupied, I guess if Kon is the last owner.

Superman was wearing the New 52 suit before Lois got pregnant (he's wearing it when she tells him) and during Jon's birth. They hid in California only briefly for the end of Lois' pregnancy and like Jon's infancy. They are back at the Planet and Metropolis/Hamilton within probably the first year of Jon's life.

Conner could have lived in Smallville on his own at any point really. If I remember correctly in YJ he's only shown at Smallville High. Not the Kent Farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Superman was wearing the New 52 suit before Lois got pregnant (he's wearing it when she tells him) and during Jon's birth. They hid in California only briefly for the end of Lois' pregnancy and like Jon's infancy. They are back at the Planet and Metropolis/Hamilton within probably the first year of Jon's life.

Conner could have lived in Smallville on his own at any point really. If I remember correctly in YJ he's only shown at Smallville High. Not the Kent Farm.
    Okay, but he's using the name Conner Kent? Which indicates Clark let him be a part of the family and as an extension can let him stay at the farm... if he still owns it.

So it comes down to if Clark sold the farm when he first moved to Metropolis and if he rebought it or not.

Wait... I forgot... where did Lana stay during Superwoman and if it still applies or not post Superman Reborn
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-19-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Its still NEW52 and we know it, because otherwise at least Martha would be back...
    And we also saw that only Barry and Superman remembered Wally West and what he has done in Pre-Flashpoint...

I am pretty sure at the moment is NEW52 with some changes, like Tim Drakes Origin was retransformed...
    Superman has a completely different history. WW has a completely different history. Whatever the New 52 Superboy was, he doesn't exist anymore and never did. Donna Troy has a completely different history. And that's just off the top of my head. So, no, it's not the same history. Right now there are more pre-Flashpoint elements than not. Is it an exact carryover? Probably not. But it's definitely not New 52.
    Assassinate Putin!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Really?

Based on what exactly?
    Huh? I said the New 52 has largely been swept into limbo based upon the dozens of comics doing exactly that since 2016 and you immediately leap to the conclusion that I am saying ALL continuity is back?

MajorHoy, I love you man, but you need to switch to decaff

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh. Gosh. I forgot about Superman Reborn resetting everything and we're on a new continuity. Just go with the most recent information or the cumulative info you got after Superman Reborn.

So what was it then?

Umm... there's never a New 52 Superman, Lois and Jon just live in a farm (is it the Kent farm?) to avoid villains targeting the family while Clark wears the New 52 outfit, then they move to Hamilton County before moving to Metropolis apartment, and now apparently Kon used to live there too before going to Gemworld.

Did Kon live there with Ma... no, that's Post Crisis. Ma and Pa still died in a car crash at Clark's prom night.

Umm... assuming this Kon has the same origin as Post Crisis Kon, that is, he appeared after Death of Superman... and Lois only married Clark after Death and Return of Superman...

So if the farm Lois hid in was the Kent farm and there's no retcon yet, Kon would've lived only in the Kent farm after the Superfamily moved to Hamilton County, but that timeline doesn't add up because Tim is already alone at this point.

So if it's not Kent farm that Lois and Jon hid in, then Kon can just live in the Kent farm right after Death and Return of Superman.

After that it's just... unoccupied, I guess if Kon is the last owner.
    Like I said the Flashbacks were most likely PRE-FLASHPOINT!!

So its just so:
    Pre-Flashpoint: Conner lived with Martha Kent in Smallville, went to Gemworld
    Flashpoint and NEW52 creation happened: Conner was in Gemworld, so this happened without him and here in this revision of Timeline Martha and Jonathan died in the car-crash
    Rebirth: Conner is found in Gemworld and he is the Post-crisis Conner, who belongs to the Pre-Flashpoint Timeline...

You just have to see Conner and Bart as parts of a timeline which DOESNT exist anymore...

The Timelines were merged together YES, but the fate of the Farm ist connected with Martha and Jonathan and since they are still dead (this part of NEW52 Storyline is still in force) the NEW52 destiny will also have happened to the Rebirth Farm...
    Last edited by Masterff; 05-19-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Like I said the Flashbacks were most likely PRE-FLASHPOINT!!

So its just so:
    Pre-Flashpoint: Conner lived with Martha Kent in Smallville, went to Gemworld
    Flashpoint and NEW52 creation happened: Conner was in Gemworld, so this happened without him and here in this revision of Timeline Martha and Jonathan died in the car-crash
    Rebirth: Conner is found in Gemworld and he is the Post-crisis Conner, who belongs to the Pre-Flashpoint Timeline...

You just have to see Conner and Bart as parts of a timeline which DOESNT exist anymore...

The Timelines were merged together YES, but the fate of the Farm ist connected with Martha and Jonathan and since they are still dead (this part of NEW52 Storyline is still in force) the NEW52 destiny will also have happened to the Rebirth Farm...
    Hmm... now that you mention it, Superman Reborn didn't bring Kon back. He only started appearing as his future self from a timeline where Evil Future Tim Drake came from but nobody knows them and they went back to their future.

Then Zatanna unlocked Tim's memory that he used to have another life, so yeah you're probably right that YJ Kon, Bart, and Cass are from the Post Crisis.

At least until the next retcon/reveal/merging. So, for now, he has nothing to do with the current Kent Farm.

Okay. Back to topic.

I just look it up. After New 52 Superman died, in the first page of Superwoman, Lana Lang sold the Kent farm.

She then moved to Metropolis to work at Daily Star. Even then she still went back to her own farm every once in a while. It's empty because her parents are dead. This is before Reborn. (Lana stayed in Smallville in her own house with Henry Irons since after the New 52 event Superdoom.)

Now again, Rebirth Superman after Superman Reborn moved like this. Smallville > Metropolis > California > Hamilton > Metropolis. As far as I know, he never went back to the farm.

After Reborn, Lana's still Superwoman, still working at the Daily Star, still comes back to Smallville, still in a relationship with Henry Irons.

So whether Clark sold it when he first moved to Metropolis or Lana sold it when she moved to Metropolis, the extended Superfamily now lives in Metropolis.

I'll follow the idea that The Kent farm's been sold to someone else until there's new info.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-20-2019 at 02:49 AM.

Mighty Member

Hmm... now that you mention it, Superman Reborn didn't bring Kon back. He only started appearing as his future self from a timeline where Evil Future Tim Drake came from but nobody knows them and they went back to their future.

Then Zatanna unlocked Tim's memory that he used to have another life, so yeah you're probably right that YJ Kon, Bart, and Cass are from the Post Crisis.

At least until the next retcon/reveal/merging. So, for now, he has nothing to do with the current Kent Farm.

Okay. Back to topic.

I just look it up. After New 52 Superman died, in the first page of Superwoman, Lana Lang sold the Kent farm.

She then moved to Metropolis to work at Daily Star. Even then she still went back to her own farm every once in a while. It's empty because her parents are dead. This is before Reborn. (Lana stayed in Smallville in her own house with Henry Irons since after the New 52 event Superdoom.)

Now again, Rebirth Superman after Superman Reborn moved like this. Smallville > Metropolis > California > Hamilton > Metropolis. As far as I know, he never went back to the farm.

After Reborn, Lana's still Superwoman, still working at the Daily Star, still comes back to Smallville, still in a relationship with Henry Irons.

So whether Clark sold it when he first moved to Metropolis or Lana sold it when she moved to Metropolis, the extended Superfamily now lives in Metropolis.

I'll follow the idea that The Kent farm's been sold to someone else until there's new info.

I personally WOULDNT say that Cass is from Pre-Flashpoint, Cass seems to be a merged Version like Superman Reborn...

This you see because:
    1. We have never seen how Cass comes back, she was just there the whole time..
    2. She has the origin (GRAND DAUGHTER OF ZEUS of NEW52) BUT! the Powers of the Pre-Flashpoint one...
    NEW52 had the same Origin,BUT she only had powers trough the armour...
    And she also has the Pre-Flashpoint memories..

So I think Superman Reborn has also combined NEW52 with Pre-Flashpoint Cassie..

Huh? I said the New 52 has largely been swept into limbo based upon the dozens of comics doing exactly that since 2016 and you immediately leap to the conclusion that I am saying ALL continuity is back?

MajorHoy, I love you man, but you need to switch to decaff
    However, for the other part of what you said,
    Agreed, but since the New 52 has largely been swept into limbo, I think it's safe to say that things have reverted to their Pre-Flashpoint status quo.
    there are a lot of things that haven't" reverted to their Pre-Flashpoint status quo".

The overall DC universe is still primarily using the New52 continuity with some additions/changes that reflect the pre-Flashpoint way things were, but many of DC's characters are still more towards the de-aged (with maybe a few years now added) the way they were after Flashpoint, and many of their previous histories are still not restored. Superman and Lois are slightly different in that aspect because they are now a merger/combination of two different versions of their character, but they're not back in an overall pre-Flashpoint continuity.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

However, for the other part of what you said,there are a lot of things that haven't" reverted to their Pre-Flashpoint status quo".

The overall DC universe is still primarily using the New52 continuity with some additions/changes that reflect the pre-Flashpoint way things were, but many of DC's characters are still more towards the de-aged (with maybe a few years now added) the way they were after Flashpoint, and many of their previous histories are still not restored. Superman and Lois are slightly different in that aspect because they are now a merger/combination of two different versions of their character, but they're not back in an overall pre-Flashpoint continuity.
    Nobody said we're 100% back to the pre-Flashpoint continuity. We already know that I never said so. What I said was that, in regards to the ownership of the Kent farm, I think it's safe to say things have reverted to their old status quo because the New 52 changes have largely been swept into limbo.

Again, dial it back a bit. If you see yourself as a hammer, everything will look like a nail.

Astonishing Member

In the "merged" timeline (in which Convergence never happened), did Lois and Clark in fact ever live in California (as either the Kents or as the "Whites"), or did they move straight from Metropolis to Hamilton and then back again? Was Lois ever "Author X"?

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    In the "merged" timeline (in which Convergence never happened), did Lois and Clark in fact ever live in California (as either the Kents or as the "Whites"), or did they move straight from Metropolis to Hamilton and then back again? Was Lois ever "Author X"?
    Yeah, the Reborn epilogue in Action showed both a much shorter stint in California and Lois publishing under Author X.