Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Nobody said we're 100% back to the pre-Flashpoint continuity. We already know that I never said so. What I said was that, in regards to the ownership of the Kent farm, I think it's safe to say things have reverted to their old status quo because the New 52 changes have largely been swept into limbo.

Again, dial it back a bit. If you see yourself as a hammer, everything will look like a nail.
    NO....

Jonathan and Martha Kent are STILL DEAD...

So its safe to say that Kent Farm Status is like it was in NEW52..

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    NO....

So its safe to say that Kent Farm Status is like it was in NEW52..
    It's possible, but since we know the New 52 deaths of the Kents are a plot point in Doomsday Clock, even that might be up in the air.

It really comes down to how you want to look at it. If you want to stick to the New 52's idea that Clark sold the farm, you can certainly do that. However, if you want to believe that Superman Reborn reverted things to their older status quo, you can do that, too. Both work equally well.

One of the best things about the current "everything happened, it's all canon" approach to continuity is that readers are free to make up their own minds about little details like this and it doesn't really matter unless it becomes relevant for a new story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Yeah, the Reborn epilogue in Action showed both a much shorter stint in California and Lois publishing under Author X.
    Thanks! Do you (or anyone else) happen to remember what issue that was? I missed it and would like to go back and read it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It's possible, but since we know the New 52 deaths of the Kents are a plot point in Doomsday Clock, even that might be up in the air.
    Let's just stick to what's been revealed so far up until this point. If it's a plot point in Doomsday Clock, as in, it's caused by Manhattan, but it still happened and hasn't been reversed, then we're still using it.

Then once it's updated, reversed, retcon, or replaced, we'll use that new fact.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It really comes down to how you want to look at it. If you want to stick to the New 52's idea that Clark sold the farm, you can certainly do that. However, if you want to believe that Superman Reborn reverted things to their older status quo, you can do that, too. Both work equally well.

One of the best things about the current "everything happened, it's all canon" approach to continuity is that readers are free to make up their own minds about little details like this and it doesn't really matter unless it becomes relevant for a new story.
    I've said before that by the time all this is done, we'll be back to the pre-Flashpoint status quo. I imagine that Johns SO will be his official origin again inside of a year.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Let's just stick to what's been revealed so far up until this point. If it's a plot point in Doomsday Clock, as in, it's caused by Manhattan, but it still happened and hasn't been reversed, then we're still using it.

Then once it's updated, reversed, retcon, or replaced, we'll use that new fact.
    You can absolutely do that if that's the way you want to approach continuity, but you can also look at it from the perspective that, in a 8 decade old fictional construct that is ever changing and often vague, facts, whether new or old, don't really mean much. If the current ownership of the Kent farm becomes a relevant plot point in a new story, then we'll know, but, in the meantime, it can be up to the readers to decide whatever they want it to be, because that's how the current guy directing Superman's continuity is approaching it.

Like I said, if you want to stick to the last thing established prior to Superman Reborn rejiggering everything, you can do that, but you can also choose something else, too. Both are correct until that point gets brought up again. It's the Schrodinger's Cat of continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I've said before that by the time all this is done, we'll be back to the pre-Flashpoint status quo. I imagine that Johns SO will be his official origin again inside of a year.
    The broad strokes of Secret Origin are already back as the spine, but it's been merged with elements from the New 52, along with that story's mixture of Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis, and everything else. Johns & Frank's origin serves that role pretty well because it was designed as an amalgam of many different eras, so adding even more stuff on top of it isn't a problem.

I don't think the DCU is ever going back to exactly what the Pre-Flashpoint continuity was. Continuity is ever-shifting and ever-changing. It will certainly resemble the broader scope of DCU continuity than the more truncated and incomplete New 52 era had, but we aren't ever going back to that 100%.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    NO....

Can you get Garrett Morris to caption that for the hard-of-hearing?

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    Can you get Garrett Morris to caption that for the hard-of-hearing?
    Maybe if you are "berry, berry good" to him!