Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default Loki vs Dr Strange

Who’s the better sorcerer in the comics?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

current or classic strange?

Strange has been considerably more impressive in the heights of his career. Even his weaker incarnations are not without potential and threat to Loki. Especially with proper prep and access to his sanctum etc
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Classic Strange, certainly.

Current Strange, still probably a lot better.

At Strange's lowest ebbs, Loki, obviously.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

I recall, many years ago, Strange having a tough time against Loki. I found a thread elsewhere that has a scan of the page where Loki breaks a Strange spell and Strange comments on Loki's power.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...vs-loki-16570/ Look for the scan.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I recall, many years ago, Strange having a tough time against Loki. I found a thread elsewhere that has a scan of the page where Loki breaks a Strange spell and Strange comments on Loki's power.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...vs-loki-16570/ Look for the scan.
    That scan was from the original Ditko run in Strange Tales, before Strange became the Sorcerer Supreme. Loki is solidly winning, but abruptly flees after mystically detecting that Thor is nearby. Strange eventually surpassed Loki in skill with magic, though I haven't seen them directly clash again. Loki is able to survive being one of Thor's greatest enemies because he is clever, physically durable, and often able to lay hands on powerful magic gear.