Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    has silver surfer ever been intimidated by Loki? he pretty much admitted at one point that he is slightly afraid of strange as he was unlike anybody he had ever encountered and considering his travels that's saying something.
    I think that Loki and the Surfer have only met once or twice, and the second time was a crowd scene late in the Avengers-Defenders War when Loki was blind. The first time they met was in Silver Surfer #4, and the Surfer seemed to be jobbing to Loki. Loki is also lying like a rug, even lying about his dad. More than three pages of scans here, culminating in Loki backing off and delivering his sales pitch:

https://panels-of-interest.tumblr.co...er-surfer-1968

In answer to your question, the Surfer didn't seem intimidated by Loki.
    Last edited by Shellhead; 05-15-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Loki actually did way better there then expected. Surfer seemed to even be nursing an injury to his arm.

I will say though, back in those days, being a "God" used to carry more weight. Presentation wise, Thor and Loki were tougher.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Very true on that...

Just check what Enchantress did to Chaz in the original Secret War. He's decided to snoop the minds of the bad guys, it goes undetected by everyone. She's just lounging around having Skurge chuck her grapes or something, and she detects Chaz despite not even looking for it and with him doing everything he can to be sneaky, insults him with "stupid mortal, you DARE try this on a god? Off with you" and proceeds to kick him out of the entire villain team's minds for the rest of the serious with no effort and no visible "cast." Gods were tough once upon a time.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Very true on that...

Just check what Enchantress did to Chaz in the original Secret War. He's decided to snoop the minds of the bad guys, it goes undetected by everyone. She's just lounging around having Skurge chuck her grapes or something, and she detects Chaz despite not even looking for it and with him doing everything he can to be sneaky, insults him with "stupid mortal, you DARE try this on a god? Off with you" and proceeds to kick him out of the entire villain team's minds for the rest of the serious with no effort and no visible "cast." Gods were tough once upon a time.
    That was less "Godz!" and more personal talent imo. I doubt Heimdall or Baldur or whoever would be written in such a way.

I get what you mean though. Her explanation being "god" that is.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    I think that Loki and the Surfer have only met once or twice, and the second time was a crowd scene late in the Avengers-Defenders War when Loki was blind. The first time they met was in Silver Surfer #4, and the Surfer seemed to be jobbing to Loki. Loki is also lying like a rug, even lying about his dad. More than three pages of scans here, culminating in Loki backing off and delivering his sales pitch:

https://panels-of-interest.tumblr.co...er-surfer-1968

In answer to your question, the Surfer didn't seem intimidated by Loki.
    Since there are more pages there than permitted by our 3-page per issue limit, I will paraphrase the linked pages, in our modern parlance:

Page 1: [Silver Surfer sits on log, surrounded by a lion, an elephant, a gazelle, a water buffalo, a hippo, and a crocodile, despite their various native habitats.]

Surfer: Animals are better than people. I has a sad.

Page 2: [Silver Surfer strolls past a boa constrictor and a monkey. Loki appears on the log.]

Loki: Dude!

Surfer: wot

Loki: Kneel before Zod!

Page 3:

Surfer: whatevs

[Loki zorches Surfer]

Loki: Come at me, bro!

Surfer: oh man [starts to fly away on board]

Page 4:

Loki: NOPE [mega-zorches Surfer]

Loki: bored now, Earth is proly doomed

Surfer: wait, what

Page 5: [Loki does some urban renewal, Surfer saves a rando]

Surfer: Leave humans alone! Fight me!

Loki: Do you even lift, bro?

Page 6: [and they fight; just as Loki planned]

Page 7: [crowd reaction shot; Loki one-punches Surfer]

Surfer: o rly

Page 8: [Loki and Surfer play mercy, with glowing hands]

Page 9: [Loki yields, feigns migraine]

Loki: my Nigerian prince friend totes needs your help

Surfer: m'kay

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Since there are more pages there than permitted by our 3-page per issue limit, I will paraphrase the linked pages, in our modern parlance:

Page 1: [Silver Surfer sits on log, surrounded by a lion, an elephant, a gazelle, a water buffalo, a hippo, and a crocodile, despite their various native habitats.]

Page 2: [Silver Surfer strolls past a boa constrictor and a monkey. Loki appears on the log.]

Page 3:

[Loki zorches Surfer]

Page 4:

I'm going to report this...

For AWESOME.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Very true on that...

There's a thing with Marvel Sorcery as well where it can be pretty good at sealing people out and the like. And the Enchantress? No slouch. Not saying you're wrong about how gods were; this scene (which I recall) might have been a little of Column A and a little of Column B.

Page 3:

[Loki zorches Surfer]

Page 4:

VERY nice.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

Karnilla gave the Silver Surfer a full on blast many years ago, that did nothing.