Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What can be passed on....or the risk of superhuman procreation....

Mutants of course tend to have mutants....with the odd fluke like Graydon Creed.

Spider-Man has had multiple futures where his kids have had spider mojo.

Spider-Woman's son Gerry go it going on as well.

Nick Fury passed on the Infinity Formula to his son Nick Jr.

Reed and Sue getting their genetics jacked up by Cosmic Rays led to one of the most powerful mutants being born....still waiting to see if Val gets something as well....would love to see her have her Mom's powers.

So...what can be passed on....aside from "whatever the writer wants"

I remember Spiderman being told by Beast it given the radiation that is in his system he would likely have children that were mutants.

Remains to be seen if Danielle Cage will have powers.

In Hulk has passed on his powers various offspring in different versions.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    I remember Spiderman being told by Beast it given the radiation that is in his system he would likely have children that were mutants.

Remains to be seen if Danielle Cage will have powers.

In Hulk has passed on his powers various offspring in different versions.
    Danielle from the future has powers.

Not a fan of Valeria having powers, especially not a copy of her mothers which is just boring and lazy.

And my theory is that Franklin got powers from the same source as his mother but an extremely boosted version. As her powers derive from the same plane as the Celestials, Franklin's are a more powerful offshoot of them. If Val ever had powers they should be a unique and creative offshoot of her dad's (or just learn magic from Doom).

I always find it boring when superkids get one parent's power or a hybrid of both parents. It should be more creative than that, I don't want several people having the same exact power in a book.
    Last edited by Crimz; 05-14-2019 at 05:17 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Valeria's power is being the most interesting character in the family.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Danielle from the future has powers.
    Yeah, she inherited all of both Luke and Jessica's powers. Which means flight, bulletproof skin, and super strength. She's also Captain America, but doesn't really need the shield... hence her catchphrase: "I am the shield!".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

We are not just the genes that our parents give us, but the genes passed onto us from their parents and their parents' parents, and their parents' parents' parents, etc., on back to the dawn of time. For all of the talk of dominant genes, it's the recessive ones that make this all so much fun. So many hidden, unexpressed attributes in our DNA.

From a fictional writer's standpoint, anything is possible. Marvel's fictional gene pool has any number of possibilities. Two mutants could have a normal kid. Two regular humans can have a mutant. And because Gods, Angels, Atlanteans, Deviants, Eternals, Demons and on and on have all mated with humans at one point or another, it's not completely outside of the realm of possibility that two humans could give birth to a God, Angel, Deviant, Eternal, Demon, etc.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post

Reed and Sue getting their genetics jacked up by Cosmic Rays led to one of the most powerful mutants being born....still waiting to see if Val gets something as well....would love to see her have her Mom's powers.
    Shes already smart to build gadgets to use so she doesn't need a super strong power maybe something simple like multi-vision (micorscopic, infrared) which shes able to see her mother even with her invisibility and it goes with her personality as a scientist.

Maybe Val's power should be a passive one that keeps Franklin's in check? If he's overpowered, she could dampen it, but if it's exhausted, she could charge it up. Offensively, she should certainly continue to rely on her intelligence and gadgets, like Moon Girl.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Isn't Val being super smart from a really young age considered a power?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Not a fan of Valeria having powers, especially not a copy of her mothers which is just boring and lazy.

And my theory is that Franklin got powers from the same source as his mother but an extremely boosted version. As her powers derive from the same plane as the Celestials, Franklin's are a more powerful offshoot of them. If Val ever had powers they should be a unique and creative offshoot of her dad's (or just learn magic from Doom).

I always find it boring when superkids get one parent's power or a hybrid of both parents. It should be more creative than that, I don't want several people having the same exact power in a book.
    I actually find it annoying when this happens cause it’s way too out of nowhere. Personality is one thing but physical traits should come from the parents.

Boisterously Confused

Technically, a mutant's child isn't a mutant if it carries the parent's mutant traits forward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Technically, a mutant's child isn't a mutant if it carries the parent's mutant traits forward.
    If this were real life, that would be true, but it isn’t, so it’s not.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    If they have the X-Gene they are a mutant.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    If this were real life, that would be true, but it isn’t, so it’s not.
    Fair 'nough.