All-New Member

Default work IP address banned from forums?

I was trying to view a thread during a lunch break at work the other day when I was told my IP address has been banned. I'm not even able to read the forums. One could argue that you shouldn't browse CBR while on the job, but I digress.

As far as I'm aware, I haven't posted or even signed in from that IP address. However, I do know that all web traffic at my company must go through a proxy. Considering that my company is one of the largest in the world, it's possible that I share the IP address with someone who broke the rules. I contacted the admin using the form provided, but so far, I haven't received a response.

So I'm wondering:

1. How long does it usually take to process these requests?

2. Is there any reason banned IP addresses can't even read the forums?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ixfd64; 05-13-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Mighty Member

-following out of curiosity.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

If you contacted us using this account's email address we have no record of it.

If you know the IP address you were using at the time, send it to community@cbr.com and we'll see what we can do.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)