Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Honey I Shrunk the kids 4 Confirmed

The son now grown up with a family finds his dads shrink ray. Will rick be in it? Who knows? Josh gad plays the grown up son. Not sure if it's the first son or the second one.

https://news.avclub.com/honey-josh-g...mpression=true

There was a third one?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    There was a third one?
    The third one was straight to video.

And their was a TV show for a little bit, which was kinda cool.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    The third one was straight to video.

And their was a TV show for a little bit, which was kinda cool.
    Honey, We Shrunk Ourselves. Actually a half decent film

My first reaction was, 'Oh wow they got Rick Moranis to come out of retirement?!' then realized, oh yeah kids/passage of time and all that.

It doesn't sound bad, the last theatrical release was 27 years ago and the shrunk person/giant person trope isn't really touched on much, so with a good script there's some original stuff they could explore, and I'd take a sequel over a remake anyday.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Gee, now that's a name from the past.

At least it's not a reboot so kudos to them. I will keep an eye on it.

I only remember Honey We Shrunk the Kids and Honey We Blew Up the Kid.

Are they going to bring the original Dad back?
    The J-man

i'm guessing that Allison Mack isn't returning.

p.s. stop trying to make Josh Gad a thing.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I loved the TV series, it was shockingly good.

Incredible Member

Was anybody really asking for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Was anybody really asking for this?
    Why do people ask this question? With very, very few exceptions, most movies you enjoyed nobody asked for. Nobody asked for Back to the Future, Star Wars, or Indiana Jones. Just because nobody is asking for it is no reason for a movie to not get made. Just say you're tired of sequels, remakes, reboots, and prequels and would prefer an original idea, because I'm guessing that was probably the sentiment you were actually trying to make. But people don't ask for most movies, and yet the industry works by giving us what we didn't think to ask for by and large.

As for me, hell I loved the originals, if they can keep that same sort of fun I'm all for it.

This scene in ant-man feels like a honey I shrunk the kids movie. With todays effects they could make a good follow up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Why do people ask this question? With very, very few exceptions, most movies you enjoyed nobody asked for. Nobody asked for Back to the Future, Star Wars, or Indiana Jones. Just because nobody is asking for it is no reason for a movie to not get made. Just say you're tired of sequels, remakes, reboots, and prequels and would prefer an original idea, because I'm guessing that was probably the sentiment you were actually trying to make. But people don't ask for most movies, and yet the industry works by giving us what we didn't think to ask for by and large.

As for me, hell I loved the originals, if they can keep that same sort of fun I'm all for it.
    The movies you mentioned were original ideas or new spins on old ideas. This just seems like an attempt to squeeze a few more dollars out of an old cash cow. The last film was over 20 years ago and was direct-to-video. There hasn't been any resurgence for nostalgia for the series and seems an odd choice to revisit it after a long time gap. Wouldn't it have been better to do a complete reboot instead of something movie goers will have to do research on in order to watch it.

Might as well do a Home Alone sequel following Kevin after all these years where he's left behind by his family again (this time by his wife and kids) and the mischief he gets up to by himself. Or this time he's the one who forgets his kid behind when he and the family go off on vacation.

Or Lethal Weapon: The Next Generation. This time Riggs' and Murtaugh's kids (maybe make that Murtaugh's grand kid) are now partners in the LAPD only this time Murtaugh is the one slightly unhinged. {actually I might want to see this one}

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    The movies you mentioned were original ideas or new spins on old ideas. This just seems like an attempt to squeeze a few more dollars out of an old cash cow. The last film was over 20 years ago and was direct-to-video. There hasn't been any resurgence for nostalgia for the series and seems an odd choice to revisit it after a long time gap. Wouldn't it have been better to do a complete reboot instead of something movie goers will have to do research on in order to watch it.

Might as well do a Home Alone sequel following Kevin after all these years where he's left behind by his family again (this time by his wife and kids) and the mischief he gets up to by himself. Or this time he's the one who forgets his kid behind when he and the family go off on vacation.

Or Lethal Weapon: The Next Generation. This time Riggs' and Murtaugh's kids (maybe make that Murtaugh's grand kid) are now partners in the LAPD only this time Murtaugh is the one slightly unhinged. {actually I might want to see this one}
    I'm assuming because somebody wanted to revisit this property as a sequel, for whatever their personal reasons are, and managed to convince some Hollywood executives that they could make them money with it. That's really all it takes. And what's it matter? Someone wants to make this movie, and we'll either find it to be worthwhile entertainment or we won't watch it. Why complain or whatever about it? This movie won't affect the odds of any other movie getting made anyways.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm assuming because somebody wanted to revisit this property as a sequel, for whatever their personal reasons are, and managed to convince some Hollywood executives that they could make them money with it. That's really all it takes. And what's it matter? Someone wants to make this movie, and we'll either find it to be worthwhile entertainment or we won't watch it. Why complain or whatever about it? This movie won't affect the odds of any other movie getting made anyways.
    Except on the slight chance that the studio deciding on this movie and perhaps a different movie and with limited resources the studio chose HISTK thereby killing the chance for the other movie to be made. Most movies are usually decided on whim of studio heads who can change/be ousted at a moments notice.