Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default *Nods to Shai-Hulud* The Defence of Kings Landing

I'm bored at work so here we go. Full disclosure, I don't watch GoT, nor have I read it so this is purely by cultural osmosis.

THE SCENARIO:
    Dany is gearing up to torch the city and attack with her armies. The teams get dropped in to Kings Landing and are magically charged with the defence of the city. They are not known to Cersie or the any other major characters and have 36 hours to plan their strategy/form alliances. They know that the dragon is coming and an army, they are non-specific as to the scale of it.

They cannot leave the city environs.

Win conditions are as follows:

- Prevent the city from being taken/destroyed.
    - Repelling or kill Dany and Drogon.
    - Keep the city from collapsing into riot.

Here are the teams, stealing shamelessly from my Helms Deep thread:

Team 1: Batfamily
    - Batman (Bruce Wayne)
    - Robin (Damien Wayne)
    - Nightwing (Dick Grayson)
    - Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)
    - Batwoman (Kate Kane)
    - Black Bat (Cassandra Cain)
    - Azrael (Jean Paul Valley)
    - Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)
    - Red Robin (Tim Drake)
    - Spoiler (Stephanie Brown)
    - Red Hood (Jason Todd)
    - Alfred Pennyworth

Loadouts: Team get standard gear. Alfred has a small workshop to whip up small scale variations on classic utility belt gear. He could, for example, make a batch of sonic grenades for each fighter but he only has 36 hours before the siege begins in earnest.

Team 2: Vampire Hunters
    - Buffy Summers (Buffy)
    - Angel (Angel)
    - Blade (Blade Movies)
    - Trevor Belmont (Castlevania Netflx)
    - Sypha Belnades (Castlevania Netflix)
    - Van Helsing and Cog (Van Helsing film version)
    - Jefferson Twilight (Venture Brothers)
    - Saya Otonashi (Blood: The Last Vampire)

Loadouts: Buffy has her scythe, Trevor has the morning star from season two, Van Helsing is not infected with lycanthropy. Otherwise, everyone has their standard equipment. Cog has a small workshop to make tools/gadgets for the squad.

Team 3: Kung Fu
    - Richard Dragon
    - Lady Shiva
    - Bronze Tiger
    - Constantine Drakkon
    - Chinmi, Tantan and Shifan (Tekken Chinmi)
    - Baki Hanma (Circa the end of Search for Our Strongest Hero)
    - Tokita Ohma (Kengan Asura)
    - Masataka Takayanagi (Tenjou Tenge)

Loadouts: Baki is taken from the end of Search for Our Strongest Hero series, Chinmi, Tantan and Shifan are all from the end of Tekken Chinmi Legends, Ohma is from his battle with Raion, Masataka has two biological hands but is otherwise from end of series. Everyone brings their own weapons.

Scenario 1A, B & C: Each individual team takes a crack at it.

If they are unsuccessful:

Scenario 2: All three teams try together.

If any singular team is successful:

Scenario 3: Dany gets her two dead dragons resurrected to supplement Drogon and any troops she lost in the battle with the Night King back on her side.

WHO DOES IT? WHO BURNS? WHAT HAPPEN?
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 05-14-2019 at 08:32 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Would love to comment on this, but I don't watch GoT.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Would love to comment on this, but I don't watch GoT.
    Neither do I.

As I understand it, there's a big dragon burning the city down and an army of dudes trying to get in through the walls. The Queen in charge is kind of psychotic and has an undead bodyguard. That's pretty much the situation.

Feel free to take an uninformed crack at it! ^_^

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Ugh. Okay dude, you asked for it.

Totally uniformed about GoT other than I know that the dragon smashes through a big wall...I will never use the term 'big-ass', because XKCD ruined that for me. ^_^ I have mostly brain-scrubbed the first book and three-quarters from my mind, and I know the TV show diverges somewhat impressively from the literature anyway.

Batfamily: with time to prepare and the kind of accuracy they have, I have problems seeing them not taking the woman riding on the back of the dragon OFF the back of the dragon with something painful and incapacitating. If that makes the dragon go wild and start murdering stuff indiscriminately, I would suggest it actually helps them as said dragon would probably turn on a lot of guys in the open before attacking fortifications.

Also, they have area affecting stuff - if the normal defenders put up a decent fight except for the dragon, that might turn the tables.

...so, possible?

Team Vampire Hunters: My knowledge lack of GoT is closely followed by my knowledge lack for Buffy. I mean, I have vague memories, but... Worse, I know nothing of the other characters.

...so, possible? ^_^ I have no idea how.

Team Kung Fu: some of these people look at the others and wonder why they're even here. Shiva picks a fight with Baki and gets murdered. However, Constantine Drakkon shoots the lady on the back of the dragon (pistols are standard equipment for him, and he's darned good with them), leading to a similar situation to the Batfamily.

...so, possible? :D
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    They are not known to Cersie or the any other major characters and have 36 hours to plan their strategy/form alliances.

Team 3: Kung Fu
    - Lady Shiva
    Lady Shiva decides she doesn't like it hot (dragonflame), so she kills Cersi.

Then they have to get word to Daenerys. I assume a raven will do.

The city gates are left open, Daenerys get Missandrei back alive, and Lady Shiva gets lucrative work as Daenerys' chief assassin.

Team 4: Dark Knight Dastards
    -Scarecrow
    -Ra's al Ghul
    -Carmine Falcone
    -William Earle
    -Detective Floss
    -Victor Zsasz
    -Joker
    -Two-Face
    -Bane
    -Talia al-Ghul

They convince Cersi to relocate south to Storm's End, taking the greater portion of the Lannister army, the Golden Company and Euron's fleet.

When Daenerys arrives, a skeleton crew operates the scorpions. If they kill Drogon, great, if not....

After King's Landing has been taken, that night, the Red Keep is detonated from underground with wildfire, killing Daenerys and all her chief supporters.

Dragon, being riderless, will fly free. Possibly, it goes back to its home grounds in Essos. If not, it can later be enticed to eat herd animals that have been poisoned. One ASOIF theory is that the Dragons of Westeros originally died because the Maesters slowly poisoned them. Qyburn would likely know the truth of this, and Scarecrow and Ra's will certainly have ideas on useful concoctions.

The Targaryen forces now leaderless and without a dragon-rider, Cersi and her armies return to King's Landing for a siege, assuming the enemy doesn't outright surrender. Iron Fleet prevents resupply by sea, everyone gets starved out.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 05-14-2019 at 12:17 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

would love to add in here but i know nothing of GOT.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Give how low Dany flies that dragon through the city, someone in team 1, 3 and 4 will DEFINITELY shoot her off the back of the dragon.

The defenders were pretty useless in the battle, but that's mostly because they somehow didn't realize that the script would have Dany soloing the walls and the anti-dragon tools before the invaders lift the first weapon.

Nothing, however, allows for how stupid Circe and Co. are in sticking the Golden Company outside the walls. That's simply asinine. If you stick them inside the walls, and assume that Euron's magic teleporting 100% accurate while floating on water behind a mountain fleet doesn't subject itself to reality and forget how to shoot literally impossible shots, well, Dany's dead before the first ship is cooked, an none of this happens.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan