Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Has "Hunted" Been A Disappointment To You So Far? (spoilers)

It was promoted as a homage to Kraven's Last Hunt but it falls very flat. Kraven's barely done anything except look out a window while a clone steals all his action scenes, Peter's spent the whole story being told what the plan is by other people rather than work it out himself and often he factors very little in his own book, you have to read all these tie-ins for background on the antagonists etc. The most interesting story has been with Felicia and Billy's attempts to escape and The Lizard trying to find them.

If you're having issues with the story and you'd rather not clutter up the main discussion threads with back-and-forths about them, feel free to use this thread to vent.

BANNED

I don't see any point judging Hunted before the final stuff comes in. So far I've enjoyed it. The homage to KLH and so on is cool because it alludes to unfamiliar and little known scenes (i.e. MJ attacking that rat) showing "deep cuts" as they say.

If we want to go about how it stacks up with the original, well remember that KLH is a very compact story with essentially four characters (Kraven, Peter, MJ, Vermin) and one other important supporting role (Joe "Robbie" Robertson) having an important scene. It's fairly unusual for a six part Spider-Man crossover story and one of the main reasons why that story feels so self-contained.

In Hunted, obviously the cast and scope is bigger. You have a dome of central park with the majority of animal themed villains. You have Arcade, Kraven and Kraven Jr. as the main villains with Taskmaster as the major side-villain and wild card. You have Felicia and Billy, and you have MJ, and the Centidemon.

So Peter will feel a little marginalized in Hunted compared to KLH because again the nature of scope and expansion of cast alters it.

BANNED

it does come across as being a tad drawn out arc. the hunted and the hunters are standing out more in this arc than kraven who is probably waiting for the proper mystic alignment or something before he confronts Peter. there is also a sense of the hunt being phyric for kraven who seems to have given it up with kravens heart not truly engaged in the hunt due to the high cost in the past that he feels like going through the motions for most of the arc so far. perhaps his daughter will put him out of his misery. Hope that doesn't lead to maximum cloneage 2 with the 87 clones of kraven running amok.

Astonishing Member

I think the main arc in TASM could be shortened by an issue or two. The Black Cat and Gibbon HUs are worth the read. I'd take most of TASM Spencer arcs before Hunted. Despite all I say, I've still liked the Hunted event.

The only flaw with the story is not enough Beetle.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

No.10101010

It's not bad, but it could stand to be a bit faster paced.

Astonishing Member

It feels extremely filler-ish. What are really the odds of seeing the Kraven clone past this story arc?

No. I’m loving it.

I'm still enjoying it, even if I'd even has been somewhat a minor character in his own story. Black Cat, Arcade, Taskmaster, Black Ant and Lizard have all been fantastic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The only flaw with the story is not enough Beetle.
    Seconded, hope Janice and White Rabbit make it out of the story alive.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Not disappointed at all; this has been the most I have enjoyed a major Spidey arc since the early days of Superior.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Not disappointed at all; this has been the most I have enjoyed a major Spidey arc since the early days of Superior.
    I don't really hate it myself, I'm just finding it fairly uneven. I concur it's the best event we've had in years.

Miles Morales' book has been a huge disappointment for me. he seems to work as a cartoon character, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Miles Morales' book has been a huge disappointment for me. he seems to work as a cartoon character, though.
    What does this have to do with Hunted?

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

It's been alright, though I feel like Peter hasn't done anything of importance in the event so far.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man