Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Yet neither of you denied what I said.
    I'll deny it. I love how they've (for the most part) handled Miles since his move to 616. His stories have been both interesting and dynamic. The stuff with his uncle being Iron Spider was a joy to read. IMO, he is a great 616 fit.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'll deny it. I love how they've (for the most part) handled Miles since his move to 616. His stories have been both interesting and dynamic. The stuff with his uncle being Iron Spider was a joy to read. IMO, he is a great 616 fit.
    Lamest re appropriation of the iron spider identity imaginable. MVP's clones are rolling in their graves.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Lamest re appropriation of the iron spider identity imaginable. MVP's clones are rolling in their graves.
    I liked it for the moral dilemma engendered in Miles while facing the "Sinister Six" more so than who became the new Iron Spider but to each their own.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

It is not bad, but does not feel all that different than what I would expect from any arc. I feel like it really wants to be two different stories, which each may have been much stronger as 2 or 3 issues arcs with more focus instead of combined like this.

The thread came before the most recent issue, which revealed more of Kraven's endgame (to force Spider-Man to make a difficult decision.)

It's probably too early to make a judgement on the story since it's not over.

There is also the question of what people were expecting. If you expected one of the best Spider-Man stories ever, something to join Spider-Man: Blue and Kraven's Last Hunt on best-of lists, that's not the usual outcome with any particular story.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There is also the question of what people were expecting. If you expected one of the best Spider-Man stories ever, something to join Spider-Man: Blue and Kraven's Last Hunt on best-of lists, that's not the usual outcome with any particular story.
    I wasn't expecting that, but I was expecting things to be more equal for two of the story's central players. Kraven and Peter finally getting to do something useful this close to the finish line has come far too late, the real stars of the book have been Lizard, Felicia, Vulture, and Billy so far.

Spencer is another writer who favors ensemble casts.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I wasn't expecting that, but I was expecting things to be more equal for two of the story's central players. Kraven and Peter finally getting to do something useful this close to the finish line has come far too late, the real stars of the book have been Lizard, Felicia, Vulture, and Billy so far.
    I happen to like the arc. Why? Think about the death of Gibbon, Peter thinking about MJ in a good way ( when is the last time that happened in Amazing?), Felicia is looking good ( as a person not a sex object), hope for Billy, maybe tbe BEST Vulture story ever ( even surpassing Amazing 63 ( Romita), and last but certainly not least, a good beginning and middle and making the reader anticipate a great ending ( unlike Life Story).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I happen to like the arc. Why? Think about the death of Gibbon, Peter thinking about MJ in a good way ( when is the last time that happened in Amazing?), Felicia is looking good ( as a person not a sex object), hope for Billy, maybe tbe BEST Vulture story ever ( even surpassing Amazing 63 ( Romita), and last but certainly not least, a good beginning and middle and making the reader anticipate a great ending ( unlike Life Story).
    I see your point. I am liking the story, just not loving it and I feel there's too many players. I hope the ending is solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I don't see any point judging Hunted before the final stuff comes in. So far I've enjoyed it. The homage to KLH and so on is cool because it alludes to unfamiliar and little known scenes (i.e. MJ attacking that rat) showing "deep cuts" as they say.

If we want to go about how it stacks up with the original, well remember that KLH is a very compact story with essentially four characters (Kraven, Peter, MJ, Vermin) and one other important supporting role (Joe "Robbie" Robertson) having an important scene. It's fairly unusual for a six part Spider-Man crossover story and one of the main reasons why that story feels so self-contained.

In Hunted, obviously the cast and scope is bigger. You have a dome of central park with the majority of animal themed villains. You have Arcade, Kraven and Kraven Jr. as the main villains with Taskmaster as the major side-villain and wild card. You have Felicia and Billy, and you have MJ, and the Centidemon.

So Peter will feel a little marginalized in Hunted compared to KLH because again the nature of scope and expansion of cast alters it.
    But there isn't much of an arc for Peter. This doesn't focus on his private life at all. Reflecting on that, this could be something the story is missing (so far).

KLH had Spider-Man pushed to his limit, but Mary Jane also had a big story of the effect of Peter's absence.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

But there isn't much of an arc for Peter. This doesn't focus on his private life at all. Reflecting on that, this could be something the story is missing (so far).

KLH had Spider-Man pushed to his limit, but Mary Jane also had a big story of the effect of Peter's absence.
    When do you think will Peter will decide on doc Conners offer?

Other than Spider-Man I read other comic series including Unbeatable Squirrel Girl. Kraven has been in that series many times as part of the cast before and has had story arcs, development, and overall he was very enjoyable to read whenever he appeared.
    This arc takes everything that has happened with Kraven's development from that series and removes it all (unless the next issue performs an amazing revelation and twist that makes sense). That has been my only problem with it.

Outside of that I have enjoyed it. Most of all Black Cat and her protecting Billy (after the whole mafia business with her these issues of her rising back up is enjoyable to read).

BANNED

That's true, but maybe we'll see how that ties up soon.

I wouldn’t say this story is a disappointment, but it does feel like it’s dragginga bit though. However, that’s not to say that I am not enjoying it or wanting to see what happens next.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

While it is a big KLH tribute, it would be more productive to compare it to Avengers: Standoff. The first big story in a larger run with a large, ensemble cast that is its own big epic, but also really exists to set up things for the wider story.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate