Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

The YA bit isn't relevant - that was for Unstoppable Wasp.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Interview with Jeremy Whitley about the book:

https://screenrant.com/marvel-future...campaign=SR-TW

Preview of some pages from the interview:

Last edited by Crimz; 06-28-2019 at 11:36 AM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm liking what I'm seeing of the interiors. Hopefully I can pick up the Miyazawa variant as well.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Wow, Alex really buffed up there!
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Not really a fan of the art, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Wow, Alex really buffed up there!
    Makes sense. The Future Foundation all aged up five years (supposedly - Valeria seems to have aged up 10). Alex was already 19, so he's now around 24.

That preview is actually a major spoiler. That prisoner is Julie, which explains why Alex takes the FF to do this prison break and why she, despite not being a genius, ends up joining the team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That preview is actually a major spoiler. That prisoner is Julie, which explains why Alex takes the FF to do this prison break and why she, despite not being a genius, ends up joining the team.
    Not really. The latest solicit already told us that Julie would be going to intergalactic jail. She's there to break someone out

Look at how Yondu is the one turning her in, and then is also helping the Future Foundation. He is a guest instructor after all, Julie probably recruited Yondu so that he could help her infiltrate the prison, with the expectation that he would help the FF break her out

Mighty Member

Don't know if this was intentional, but Alex with that shadow makes him look a lot like his dear old dad.

Interested to see the full extent of Whitley's action/adventure chops. Good stuff in recent Wasp.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

#2 made me realize how silly Maker continuity is but the broken mirror way it's explained is so big brain. Aces.

Does anyone have the most basic Rikki Barnes reading order so I can be prepared for Bentley's wedding to his Shi'ar bride? I only remember the tacky backups from Brubaker's Cap.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Yeah. Isn't Maker in Venom? Does #2 explain the what's up?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yeah. Isn't Maker in Venom? Does #2 explain the what's up?
    Yeah it explains it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Been mentioned, but dang, Alex grew tall and bulked up, didn't he!? He looks good, rocking that heroic build, though!

That said, while there's truth in real life, wherein people in their late teens shoot up in their early twenties as they reach their full height and frame (aka late bloomers), especially males, it's always interesting to note how regularly this will happen to characters, who are even in their late teens, perpetually appearing as stereotypical teenagers (always skinnier, smaller and shorter than any designated adult in their vicinity), only to suddenly and almost arbitrarily shoot up (and often conveniently bulk up, for aesthetic points) to "adult" height and build in the span of a timeskip. Sometimes even a short one. What's also and even often true in real life that isn't often showcased in comics is those destined to be tall and with the potential for broad builds will show signs of this potential well into their teenage years. Sometimes early into their teen years. Especially late teens should be showing their height/build potential by that point more often than not. We shoulda saw Alex looking more like the young man he is now than still looking like a gangling teen with vague muscle tone (despite him having been in an environment for some time now where he should have been gaining muscle mass and been bulkier than he was, especially considering how he's filled out now).

You will sometimes see the athlete who's more appropriately big for their age (and who'll likely get bigger for any timeskips regardless). Though then it almost never done for something other than "intimidating jock" points or subversions, and often times they'll still be shorter, thinner, and smaller than the nearby adults.

I'm fairly certain all the stuff with the Maker was explained back in Ultimates2, but I guess that it didn't have a ton of eyes on it.

Anyways, I thought today's issue was way better than #1 was.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I'm fairly certain all the stuff with the Maker was explained back in Ultimates2, but I guess that it didn't have a ton of eyes on it.

Anyways, I thought today's issue was way better than #1 was.
    Ewing explained it in New Avengers, it was his idea, but I guess he wasn't too clear about what the slices literally meant and Bendis' "It's the Maker... LOL nope" stunt didn't help.