Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

I'm not even as bummed for the book as I am for Whitley.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'm not even as bummed for the book as I am for Whitley.
    It's such a shame as his books are fun.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Yeah, Whitley does good work. Future Foundation didn't get a lot of time to grow, but that's standard nowadays. I would like for him to get another Marvel book, but he seems to do better over at IDW on My Little Pony. Having done 40 issues of various series for the franchise he's one of their more regular contributors, and has certainly gotten more work from them than Marvel.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 09-14-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

he's one of their best new writers so :BigBrain:

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    he's one of their best new writers so :BigBrain:
    Hastings was good too but he's been gone since Gwenpool ended as well. I already am dreading the end of Runaways now because it seems to me Marvel and CB just want it to be 1993 again.

Maybe if Ewing heads Champions but yeah, CB is all in on the Spidey, X and Agents of Atlas stuff...yaaayyy

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Hastings was good too but he's been gone since Gwenpool ended as well. I already am dreading the end of Runaways now because it seems to me Marvel and CB just want it to be 1993 again. yaaayyy
    Yeah, I think if Whitley isn't announced on a new project fairly soon it's likely he won't be getting another book for a while. Still I hope he pulls through with new projects somewhere. He's still making Pony money, but that could easily fall apart with a poorly planned Starlight Glimmer V. Sunset Shimmer mini-series event.

I don't know how Runaways has lasted as long as it has. A TV show, and respectable collected/digital sales help. But it doesn't help that much when the book can't move 10,000 floppies an issue. I'm gonna be bummed when it's not solicited past #30, and Rowell isn't likely to want another series.

Hastings was good too but he's been gone since Gwenpool ended as well. I already am dreading the end of Runaways now because it seems to me Marvel and CB just want it to be 1993 again.

Maybe if Ewing heads Champions but yeah, CB is all in on the Spidey, X and Agents of Atlas stuff...yaaayyy
    If I've deduced the Incoming solicit correctly, matching up people to books they're already on, I do think Eve Ewing is the new Champions writer. Eve Ewing, Matt Rosenberg, Champions and Guardians of the Galaxy were the only writers and characters who don't seem to match up, so I assume those two writers are taking over those two books, as we know Cates finishes his Guardians run in December and Zub will be done with Champions after the next issue. It's elimination process, though, so it does admittedly rely on nobody (author or character) being omitted from the solicit and teasers.

Back on topic, they really didn't give FF a chance. Judge it after a TPB is out at least!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-14-2019 at 03:01 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Back on topic, they really didn't give FF a chance. Judge it after a TPB is out at least!
    Axel Alonso did that times 100.

cebulski the **** you doin man

Axel Alonso did that times 100.
    Yeah, he did, and Whitley was a victim then too. As I'm sure you're aware, Unstoppable Wasp was cancelled at issue 8 - before the first trade was out. The trades sold well and Cebulski had it brought back for another 10 issues. That meant Whitley finally got to complete his planned story. I thought they'd learned the lesson, but apparently not.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I wanted to see the Franklin Richards / Rikki Barnes meeting. Considering he created the world she was born on, it could be interesting.

But, damn.

Mighty Member

The trade paperback market is the reason why Moon Girl sold so well. I know she was very popular at Scholastic book fairs.

You'd think a comic about science and cosmic exploration would be great to ride that market, especially with this art style. Nope! Thanks, Marvel.

Cancelled after what, two issues? That must be some kind of record.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The trade paperback market is the reason why Moon Girl sold so well. I know she was very popular at Scholastic book fairs.

You'd think a comic about science and cosmic exploration would be great to ride that market, especially with this art style. Nope! Thanks, Marvel.
    Moon Girl and Squirrel Girl are written to be very kid friendly. Future Foundation is more traditionally done. Had the kids not aged up, been left younger, and the stories were on more of a kid level,m the outcome may have been different. Speculation on my part, but I'd need some strong evidence to convince me otherwise.