Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I'm looking forward to this, BUT...

The members portrayed on the cover are the older, more sensible members of the group. If you're actually making a superhero group, that makes sense, but part of the appeal of the Future Foundation was the kid aspect of it. Seeing Valeria and Moon Girl arguing as only 2 nine year olds can is more appealing that older teens trying to live up to a name. Bentley ois awesome and i want to see more Bentley, but he looks to be the lone wild card ijn the bunch.

I still fervently believe this needs to be an all ages book geared towards bringing kids into the fold. Another teen hero book needs a lot more to differentiate it from the pack.

But I am excited about this and would pre-order this today.

Remember, the entire group got aged up five years. This is Slott's fault, not Whitley's. Anyway, it sounds like it'll be similar to Unstoppable Wasp. Both books are about teenage think tanks and are by the same writer, making this a like for like replacement.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If you're just going to throw in Julie, why not bring back the rest of Power Pack? Honestly, for a second there I thought Bentley was Jack.

This book seems like a good fit for Whitley but I'm curious how it'll compare to his Wasp series which also focused on science geniuses.

Are we talking about MCU Yondu or future Guardians Yondu?
    Good question about Yondu. Hopefully the future Guardians version. Even then, Martinex was the scientist of that group, not Yondu.

Incredible Member

A new 616 version of Yondu thats basically the MCU movies one aside from the child kidnapping appeared in Star Lord's solo.

On twitter Whitley said it will be the "MCU-esque" Yondu
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

3000 Yondu wouldn't be good because he's super chill and that's Dragon Man and most of the cast. The book needs more strong personalities like Bentley, especially since Val isn't there.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    A new 616 version of Yondu thats basically the MCU movies one aside from the child kidnapping appeared in Star Lord's solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    On twitter Whitley said it will be the "MCU-esque" Yondu
    Classic Marvel synergy .

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Remember, the entire group got aged up five years. This is Slott's fault, not Whitley's. Anyway, it sounds like it'll be similar to Unstoppable Wasp. Both books are about teenage think tanks and are by the same writer, making this a like for like replacement.
    Irrelevant. The characters pictured on the over are the generally more mature characters in the group and except for Bentley and ONE of the moloids, the younger funner members aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    3000 Yondu wouldn't be good because he's super chill and that's Dragon Man and most of the cast. The book needs more strong personalities like Bentley, especially since Val isn't there.
    What happened to Val? (Who happens to be the primary character I liked in Future Foundation.)
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    What happened to Val? (Who happens to be the primary character I liked in Future Foundation.)
    She’s back with the ff proper.

Jeremy Whitley talking about Onome and and the reason for her particular design, as each of the FF are getting more personalized uniforms:

https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1129076228395192320

I hope he does this for each of the FF as it's interesting to get his perspective on these characters.

Here is a sketch of Tong's new design, he hasn't gone into detail about her or the other Moloids yet:

I'm intrigued by the idea of the kids having their own personalized clothes and I kinda dig Tong's desing. Wonder how the fish kids will look like.

I've been wanting the Future Foundation to get a spinoff for a while and this creative team has potential to really pull it off. I quite like the personalized looks.

Bentley-666 is a 90's bad boy, but his new logo is just the Wizard's. The poor lad must once again cope with an existence that lacks fair Valeria.

https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1129421801321357312

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate