Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 69
  1. #46
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    955

    Default

    The Maker is getting involved in the second issue of Future Foundation




    FUTURE FOUNDATION #2
    JEREMY WHITLEY (W) • WILL ROBSON (A) • Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Variant cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    BREAK OUT: THE FUTURE FOUNDATION RESCUES…THE MAKER?!
    The Future Foundation and Yondu planned the perfect prison break, but nobody counted on having to stage two! But when their security breach reveals that Mr. Fantastic is locked away in the galaxy’s greatest prison, their perfect plan falls apart. Now Julie — and the person she came to break out — are on their own as Alex leads Yondu, Dragon Man, and Bentley into a high-security cellblock full of the most dangerous criminals in the galaxy to save a friend and mentor. But the real Reed Richards is back on Earth — and the Future Foundation is about to break out his greatest enemy.

  2. #47
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    16,075

    Default

    Whoops. How the hell do the FF not know about Ultimate Reed?

  3. #48
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Whoops. How the hell do the FF not know about Ultimate Reed?
    It makes sense. 616 Reed met him in Secret Wars, but after Molecule Man sliced the Maker up he likely thought that was the end of it. He likely never mentioned him to the Foundation.
    Get issue 1 of the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  4. #49
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Whoops. How the hell do the FF not know about Ultimate Reed?
    The Incursion vaporized the Future Foundation since their escape ship broke off and tumbled into the destruction of their universe and the 1610 universe. They never had the chance to meet him and I don't feel like Reed wants to talk about him.

  5. #50
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    5,794

    Default

    This is excellent news!
    heroine addict we love you come back

  6. #51
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    5,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The Maker is getting involved in the second issue of Future Foundation

    FUTURE FOUNDATION #2
    JEREMY WHITLEY (W) • WILL ROBSON (A) • Cover by CARLOS PACHECO
    Variant cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
    BREAK OUT: THE FUTURE FOUNDATION RESCUES…THE MAKER?!
    The Future Foundation and Yondu planned the perfect prison break, but nobody counted on having to stage two! But when their security breach reveals that Mr. Fantastic is locked away in the galaxy’s greatest prison, their perfect plan falls apart. Now Julie — and the person she came to break out — are on their own as Alex leads Yondu, Dragon Man, and Bentley into a high-security cellblock full of the most dangerous criminals in the galaxy to save a friend and mentor. But the real Reed Richards is back on Earth — and the Future Foundation is about to break out his greatest enemy.
    Mini-Reed's back. Meh.

  7. #52
    Unapologetic Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Department H
    Posts
    1,919

    Default

    I’m in love with the Maker’s costume. Get Pacheco on Slott’s FF now.

  8. #53
    Mighty Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,732

    Default

    So who is Julie going to break out of intergalactic prison?

    I thought the Future Foundation were travelling the multiverse, but if they are breaking someone out of prison, and they think Maker could possibly be their Reed, they must be on 616.

    spoilers:
    Could she be breaking out Xavin?
    end of spoilers

  9. #54
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    40,448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It makes sense. 616 Reed met him in Secret Wars, but after Molecule Man sliced the Maker up he likely thought that was the end of it. He likely never mentioned him to the Foundation.
    It feels like he's been around enough that people should have an awareness of him (and he shouldn't come off like the Reed most people know anyways) but I guess the Foundation kids have either A. not been on 616 Earth long enough to know this and B. were not privy to major Superhero stuff (like Julie).
    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So who is Julie going to break out of intergalactic prison?

    I thought the Future Foundation were travelling the multiverse, but if they are breaking someone out of prison, and they think Maker could possibly be their Reed, they must be on 616.

    spoilers:
    Could she be breaking out Xavin?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I thought about Xavin. It would be weird to do such a solid for your ex, but Julie's a good enough person that she might do it.

    The only other thing I could think of is a Kymellian.
    end of spoilers

  10. #55
    Fantastic Member Flashback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It feels like he's been around enough that people should have an awareness of him (and he shouldn't come off like the Reed most people know anyways) but I guess the Foundation kids have either A. not been on 616 Earth long enough to know this and B. were not privy to major Superhero stuff (like Julie).
    The Maker has mostly been doing things on the down low fighting behind the scenes since he's been here. It wouldn't be strange if organizations like Shield had a file on him but to my knowledge the general populous of '616 wouldn't even know who he is.

  11. #56
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,378

    Default

    Julie is a blonde and taller than Alex?

    Christ.
    "Cable was right!"

  12. #57
    Keeper of the Torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live
    Posts
    5,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Julie is a blonde and taller than Alex?
    That was my first impression too, but on second look Julie is standing erect while Alex is hunching forward.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

  13. #58
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Julie is a blonde and taller than Alex?

    Christ.
    In addition to magically changing hair color between red, blonde, and strawberry blonde, she has the magical ability to retcon her own age and height probably correlates to that.

    Then again, Alex is hunched over.

  14. #59
    iMan 42s
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,860

    Default

    At first I didn't really give a damn for Future Foundation but you got me for at least Ultimate Reed.

    Although on the subject of the cover and as somebody not all that familiar with these characters, he is hunched over but the prospective is all kinds of weird on the cover. It's not awful (and admidtly I wouldn't mind a print of it), it's just that Reed is a bit too big to be where he's sitting relative to the window which can make those on the other side appear smaller. Just a small hiccup for a pretty good cover.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

  15. #60
    Disney Subsidiary Personamanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    So who is Julie going to break out of intergalactic prison?

    I thought the Future Foundation were travelling the multiverse, but if they are breaking someone out of prison, and they think Maker could possibly be their Reed, they must be on 616.

    spoilers:
    Could she be breaking out Xavin?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Maybe, Whitley was discussing how they were re-reading the entirety of Runaways, and YA for research purposes a few weeks ago. He mentioned Xavin more than once. Including a suggestion that if Xavin were to ever appear again, it would be better to have it happen in a non-Runaways book.
    end of spoilers
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

    Die - Paper Girls - Runaways - The Wild Storm

    Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •