Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Dr Strange conjured those shields almost instantly when he first faced Dormammu.
    Yeah, but he didn't do anything *but* shields in that instance, since he needs his hands to cast most of his magic, especially the only things he has shown that might be effective against Carol. And if it gets too a stamina/endurance match of her blasting and him blocking, them I'm betting on the lady that uses those blasts as her primary mode of traveling through space.

Portal cuts aren't the be all and end-all. WoG confirmed that they weren't used against Thanos because he was too durable to be affected. Cap's binary form is better than Thanos, so Strange better go for a mirror dimension dump.

Strange created an enormous mirror shield to deflect an incoming IG blast with all of the effort of shrugging.

Defensively, he's fine. A few layers of that sorta thing and then he can start multiplying his body or going for transmutation.

Plus, mirror realm isn't his only bfr. He did... /something/ nasty to a group of soldiers right before he needed to hold back the river.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Plus, mirror realm isn't his only bfr. He did... /something/ nasty to a group of soldiers right before he needed to hold back the river.
    That was subtly sweet. Stunts like that make me wonder how the hell Stephen hasn't been crowned Sorcerer Supreme. I'm curious if my fellow Rumblers think he's surpassed Ancient One yet or not.

As others have opined, this is a quickdraw. Doctor Strange has oodles of nifty tools up his sleeve (e.g., mirror dimension, transmutation, Sling Ring portals, eldritch energy attacks, etc.). Captain Marvel, likewise, has a series of advantages that makes her a nightmare to the sorcerer (she is stronger than Thanos, more durable than Thor/Hulk, and possesses firepower that rivals anything in Iron Man's arsenal). Strange's greatest weakness is his human vulnerability.

I'm leaning towards Carol, but it could go oh-so poorly for her in a heartbeat.