Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default How about a Titans line reboot ?

With Marvel Comics rebooting their X Men line this fall with the talent of Johnathan Hickman.i think it's time DC should do the same with the Titans.i really couldn't get into the Titans being under the ''Justice'' banner they need to go back to being the Titans Togethers Family they've always been.my suggestions would be .

The Titans=Troia.Magenta.Witchfire.Vixen.Lightray.Nigh twing.Flash=wally.Green Lantern=kyle.and the Blue Devil

The New Titans=Starfire.Raven.Mary Marvel.Onyx.Cyborg.Beast Boy and a two new members

Titans .L.A.=Omen.Bumblebee.Dolphin.Guardian=mal.Tempest. Red Star.the Golden Eagle

New Teen Titans = Empress.Bombshell.Speedy.Power Girl=tanya.CM3.Kid Flash.Robin.Bunker

just an idea what are your thoughts.

Doesn't DC have enough problems keeping just one Titans-related title going?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    They can handle 1. Its 2 that gets crazy for them.

And besides 2/5 of the Titans are dead. One is a homeless bum. One felt from orbit and the other is a potential traitor.

Isn't that what Bendis's Wonder Comics is?

Just fold Titans into there.

Titans can’t support a line. I thought with the TV show they would want to try a build up the Titans again, boy was I wrong. At this point though I actually think the Titans franchised would be better served if they streamlined and just did one all encompassing Titans book, with real creator support, to try and bring the team back to some semblance of prominence in DC.

Sadly... they never realized what damage they did...

If DC had been treating Titans like it's a core title, as it should be... then yes, a franchise-event with two or three related titles written by Bendis, King and Snyder would be a snap away...

But, DC doesn't care about them enough to bother with it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Titans can’t support a line. I thought with the TV show they would want to try a build up the Titans again, boy was I wrong. At this point though I actually think the Titans franchised would be better served if they streamlined and just did one all encompassing Titans book, with real creator support, to try and bring the team back to some semblance of prominence in DC.
    We will get another Titans book eventually. The low quality of the TV show and a hostile editorial means that it's going to be a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Exactly. I don't see how having so many Titans teams would help.
    What they need is a strong and unique direction where the characters get to evolve beyond being constantly in the JL's shadow or battling the same villains from Wolfman's run.
    If they can't do anything new with the team, I'd rather they each joined a separate team or got solos.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    We will get another Titans book eventually. The low quality of the TV show and a hostile editorial means that it's going to be a while.
    Just another Titans book is easy, that’s what the last series basically was. Crap like Abnett’s Titans is whats killing the franchise. We don’t need another Titans book like that. The challenge is getting a truly good Titans book that can revitalize the Titans as a prominent team again, or at the very least a Titans book that wants to at least try to do that. And to do that they need to put real creator support behind it. Which is what is happening with X-Men.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-14-2019 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Just another Titans book is easy, that’s what the last series basically was. Crap like Abnett’s Titans is whats killing the franchise. We don’t need another Titans book like that. The challenge is getting a truly good Titans book that can revitalize the Titans as a prominent team again, or at the very least a Titans book that wants to at least try to do that. And to do that they need to put real creator support behind it. Which is what is happening with X-Men.
    I think that would need a DC editorial overhaul to happen.

Right now I think they just view the Titans brand as subservient to the overall Justice League brand, just look at how they re-worked Abnett's Titans or how they let his run get to the point it was at by the time it was ended. Or how badly they treat the Titans in general.

Young Justice is safe because of Bendis and it being under it's own imprint.

It's all been jacked up for a long time. Not allowing Gar and Raven to age along with the rest of the team, removing Cyborg from his place in NTT history, none of it getting fixed under Didio's watch.
    Last edited by SixSpeedSamurai; 05-15-2019 at 11:43 AM.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Right now I think they just view the Titans brand as subservient to the overall Justice League brand, just look at how they re-worked Abnett's Titans or how they let his run get to the point it was at by the time it was ended. Or how badly they treat the Titans in general.

This right here is the issue.

And when you look at trade and digital on Amazon-folks are supporting those books. Way more than Champions with all of Marvel's top teens. Think how much support more they could get if DC cared about Titans.

Right now this is a management and editorial issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

A relaunch of the Titans franchise would be welcome. But the problem is under which directions point them. Right now Young Justice is taking the lead on which direction young team are directed and that left the Titans kinda redundant. Also, you can't just plug them as Justice League-lite, but you have to make them different from those two poles. And under whcih banner you put them.

The idea of having a showrunner writer in charge of an subimprint seems to be working. Gerard Way's Young Animal and Bendis' Wonder Comics seems to be the direction to go as Hickman is taking a similar role on the X-men books, with him as the main creator and the others teams under his lead.

For the Titans relaunch you should had a plan and a writer with a clear idea on which direction take the characters and the same time makiing them different from the JLA and Young Justice. And that is the bigger challenge.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Spectacular Member

I've been thinking what if the Titans were a team dedicated to traveling through The Bleed solving problems in other dimensions? This way they would not cross the League very often and it is a good excuse to have many members and recruit others without having to worry about continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    A relaunch of the Titans franchise would be welcome. But the problem is under which directions point them. Right now Young Justice is taking the lead on which direction young team are directed and that left the Titans kinda redundant. Also, you can't just plug them as Justice League-lite, but you have to make them different from those two poles. And under whcih banner you put them.

The idea of having a showrunner writer in charge of an subimprint seems to be working. Gerard Way's Young Animal and Bendis' Wonder Comics seems to be the direction to go as Hickman is taking a similar role on the X-men books, with him as the main creator and the others teams under his lead.

For the Titans relaunch you should had a plan and a writer with a clear idea on which direction take the characters and the same time makiing them different from the JLA and Young Justice. And that is the bigger challenge.
    Snyder is doing the same for the Justice League books.

Frankly, it seems like we're going in a direction where all corners in the DCU are sequestered to their own imprint .