Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default General Fujita VS Gregor Clegane

Fight takes place in a dojo with plenty of signs

This is zombie Clegane

No armor and no swords

H2H
    Last edited by Kuro; 05-15-2019 at 04:58 PM.

So, besides the signs, standard equipment? Because Gregor will be in full plate with a sword over 5 feet long.

plate that can be penetrated seemingly easily by a sword mind you. Honestly I'm about sick of how they're treating armor this season, once upon a time Arya tried to stab Sandor in the gut armor only to mildly annoy him. Now we have the Night King punch a WOODEN stick through a STEEL breastplate. Both ends of it at that

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    plate that can be penetrated seemingly easily by a sword mind you. Honestly I'm about sick of how they're treating armor this season, once upon a time Arya tried to stab Sandor in the gut armor only to mildly annoy him. Now we have the Night King punch a WOODEN stick through a STEEL breastplate. Both ends of it at that
    a) It's the Hound. I'll give him a pass.

b) Theon was wearing hardened leather.

Not saying there isn't tons of combat issues to pick apart in Game of Thrones. But neither of those are huge issues for me. In Theon's case, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    a) It's the Hound. I'll give him a pass.

b) Theon was wearing hardened leather.

Not saying there isn't tons of combat issues to pick apart in Game of Thrones. But neither of those are huge issues for me. In Theon's case, not at all.
    doesn't look like leather to me

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    doesn't look like leather to me

Looks like hardened leather with a gambeson underlayer to me. The way it kinda bends a bit but not really, the seam between the front and back halves, the look of the efges around the shoulders...I'm no expert. But what little I know says leather.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 05-14-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

It didn't get better anywhere in this last episode. Lots of breastplates getting pierced by casual swings and such. You know, what they are designed to stop. Oh, and Grey Worm killing many many guys in full plate by stabbing them with his wooden stick.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Fight takes place in a dojo with plenty of signs

This is zombie Clegane
    Fujita is from a 90s Jet Li movie?

BANNED

Uhh, can Zombie Mountain headbutt through stone?

All-New Member

I think you're right. They showed him breaking stone with his head and having his students or whoever they were beat him with wood clubs and breaking them over his back. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected.

Pretty sure zombie Clegane can headbutt through stone just fine. He casually throws other people such that they shatter stone and tanks way worse than a stone to the head.

Fujita's advantage here is that he actually does have skill, speed and brains. But the Mountain actually has superior soak and I think an edge in strength. If you spot them standard equipment, the Mountain also has a massive equipment advantage.

No sword and no armor

Then I'll bet on Fujita to dodge and mindgame Gregor enough to wear him down. Fujita is strong enough that he *will* damage the Mountain and durable enough to survive getting hit. He's way faster and more skilled, and being primarily a striker works well for him in this context because Gregor is going to spend the entire fight slowly trying to grab Fujita and make this a pure contest of strength and leverage.

No, I think Clegane is taking this. Guy got run through with a sword and a knife through the head and he barely even felt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    No, I think Clegane is taking this. Guy got run through with a sword and a knife through the head and he barely even felt it.
    Pretty sure the knife to the head was a major and possibly fatal blow. He was at the very least in distress.