Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Pretty sure the knife to the head was a major and possibly fatal blow. He was at the very least in distress.
    He pulled it out of his head and looked fine. Sandor knew he had to sacrifice himself to beat Clegane.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    He pulled it out of his head and looked fine. Sandor knew he had to sacrifice himself to beat Clegane.
    Gregor dropped Sandor and was grimacing in pain. He never managed to pull the knife out because he got tackled through the tower wall, and even if he had managed to that isn't an indicator that the wound wasn't fatal. We like to call Gregor a zombie after his treatment, but he's not a wight.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Pretty sure the knife to the head was a major and possibly fatal blow. He was at the very least in distress.
    In distress seems strong. He mostly looked a bit annoyed by it.

Pulled it out no problem as well. The implication seemed to be that it wasn't fatal or otherwise really hurt him.

Gonna have to rewatch that scene since you all seem to be saying the Mountain pulled the dagger out.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Gonna have to rewatch that scene since you all seem to be saying the Mountain pulled the dagger out.
    I seem to recall that he did.

Yep, 7:12 onwards, he pulls it out right as Sandor tackles him.

He seemed to be in some pain, at least at the point where Sandor impales him in the stomach and he grunts in pain as he pulls the sword out.

Astonishing Member

I mean, pain or not if Fujita manages to break one of his arms or legs (and I'm betting he'll manage this before zombie-Clegane) he's darn sure going to be hampered.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I seem to recall that he did.

Yep, 7:12 onwards, he pulls it out right as Sandor tackles him.
    Hmm. On a second viewing, it seems to me Gregor was more just stunned/paralyzed than hurt by the knife through the head. I don't think he was capable of feeling pain any more. Still, I'm gonna go with that being a wound that would have been fatal eventually, though probably after Gregor killed Sandor with his own dagger had Sandor not tackled him through the wall.