Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
The thing about the real-life aging of the characters - in the 1990s it would have to be practically all legacy characters. Tony Stark has got to be an old man by now, same as Reed Richards. The only ones of the originals from the 1960s who isn't going to be old are Steve Rogers and Thor. Hulk won't be old, but Banner will be.

So either the 1990s is all legacy characters, plus a few of the non-aging heroes, or its more focused on other aspects like the political scene and business scene (continuing Parker Industries perhaps).
Well, perhaps a way around that is for characters to emerge onto the scene in the decades they did in the real world - so you could have 20something Cloak & Dagger next issue (since they were part of Maximum Carnage, as I recall), as well as Generation X, the New Warriors, et cetera; then the Runaways and Young Avengers showing up in the 2000s, then Ms. Marvel and (obviously) Miles Morales in the 2010s. I think it'd be a nice change and give characters that never got a start their chance to shine. Kind like how Jubilee was leading the X-People and Cassie Lang was Stinger on the Avengers in MC2.

As for Tony, I wonder if (assuming he's still around by the 2000s - he'll be old, yeah, but rich people tend to live longer on account of being able to afford better healthcare) he'll use Extremis to revitalise himself. That could be something that might appeal to Peter, too - being able to rejuvenate himself to stay in the game. That or he (Tony)'ll become an AI...and I could definitely see Otto going down a similar path. He's got previous, after all.