Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 222
  1. #196
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,443

    Default

    Movie's been pushed back to April 23.

    https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status...432300546?s=20

  2. #197
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,443

    Default

    Remix of theme song.


  3. #198
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,738

    Default

    62% on Rotten Tomatoes so far.

    Pretty good reviews from the MK fans who have seen it so far. Seems to be a pretty good (if not 100% video game accurate) take on the MK mythos.

    Actors who played Sonya and Kano getting good reviews.

  4. #199
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,443

    Default



    Warner put the first seven minutes of the film online, legally mind you, in anticipation of this Friday's release.

  5. #200
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I've always thought a problem with any Mortal Kombat adaptation is the most interesting & compelling characters are the ones with little to do with the main plot, while the actual main heroes (Liu Kang, Sonya, Jax, Johnny Cage) are some the most boring characters in the franchise.
    Liu Kang is questionable but I'd argue against the other three being boring, especially Johnny Cage. The thing is, Scorpion and Sub-Zero being interesting characters and them being appropriate characters for the main leads. Don't forget that people liked the original movie with Liu Kang, Sonya and Johnny as the leads just fine.

  6. #201
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    I think Scorpion and Sub-Zero are going to steal the movie...pretty much how it is in the games. Sub-Zero especially looks like a badass in this.
    I've always thought a problem with any Mortal Kombat adaptation is the most interesting & compelling characters are the ones with little to do with the main plot, while the actual main heroes (Liu Kang, Sonya, Jax, Johnny Cage) are some the most boring characters in the franchise.
    Generic boring White male lead is the default for video games though

  7. #202
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Generic boring White male lead is the default for video games though
    Not really.

    Ryu (Street Fighter)

    Liu Kang and later Cassie Cage (Mortal Kombat)

    Kasumi (Dead or Alive)

    Jin (Tekken)

    Kyo (King of Fighters)

    Ryo (Art of Fighting)

    Akira (Virtua Fighter)

    The guys I listed are all Asian and one white woman. The only white male lead of a fighting game I can think of is Terry from Fatal Fury and I'd argue he isn't boring.

  8. #203
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not really.

    Ryu (Street Fighter)

    Liu Kang and later Cassie Cage (Mortal Kombat)

    Kasumi (Dead or Alive)

    Jin (Tekken)

    Kyo (King of Fighters)

    Ryo (Art of Fighting)

    Akira (Virtua Fighter)

    The guys I listed are all Asian and one white woman. The only white male lead of a fighting game I can think of is Terry from Fatal Fury and I'd argue he isn't boring.
    Oh, I was referring to some joke about how so many games have those leads from a few years ago. Idk if it's still the same

  9. #204
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    27,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Oh, I was referring to some joke about how so many games have those leads from a few years ago. Idk if it's still the same
    My bad. I misread your comment and thought you were talking about fighting games. Sorry for the mistake.

  10. #205
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    My bad. I misread your comment and thought you were talking about fighting games. Sorry for the mistake.
    No problem. I should've been clearer. I think fighting games do reasonably well on the diversity front

  11. #206
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post


    Warner put the first seven minutes of the film online, legally mind you, in anticipation of this Friday's release.
    Not gonna lie, this feels exactly like what I thought was all you’d need to do to make a good Mortal Kombat movie; great action scenes, good actors with good direction, and competent cinematography.
    Franchise Wars Podcast and YouTube Host.
    TITANS pilot Recap, Reaction, and Review video! https://youtu.be/l1tKBTUtiyM
    The Force Awakens vs The Last Jedi https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=408109126
    Teen Titans (03) vs Teen Titans Go! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...=2&i=400482734

  12. #207

    Default

    so how is the Kombat going to be handled here in this film? Is everyone immortal? If not, how do the traditional tropes of "finish him/her" come into play?

  13. #208
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    9,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so how is the Kombat going to be handled here in this film? Is everyone immortal? If not, how do the traditional tropes of "finish him/her" come into play?
    People who get finished are gonna be dead. Looks like Kabal and Retile gets fatalities done on then. They will he dead though this Retiple can just be a creature of that race and not thee Reptile.

  14. #209

  15. #210
    Mighty Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    1,824

    Default

    Spoiler free review by Jeremy Jahns.



    Jahns is a reviewer that has a taste for movies very close to mine, so i listen to his opinions more times than not. He gave a average score.

    As I thought, they sideline Liu Kang for this new dude, Cole, and looks like the guy is boring. Say whatever you want about Liu, but if you going to replace him as the protagonist of this story, at least replace him for someone better.

    Well, i'll see it anyways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •