Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Also it seems like a huge mistake not to have Johnny Cage in this movie. They should have just made Cole Johnny. Are they saving Johnny for a sequel or something?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Looks amazing, though I really don't get how we can have a MK movie with Millena and yet no Kitana. In fact only two female characters from the franchise seems pretty weak - no Jade, no Skarlet, no Sindel?

Still, excited for Sub Zero vs Scorpion. Everyone looks like they are really enjoying themselves and I do hope this does well if its well done. Lord knows we need a really good video game movie at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Looks amazing, though I really don't get how we can have a MK movie with Millena and yet no Kitana. In fact only two female characters from the franchise seems pretty weak - no Jade, no Skarlet, no Sindel?

Still, excited for Sub Zero vs Scorpion. Everyone looks like they are really enjoying themselves and I do hope this does well if its well done. Lord knows we need a really good video game movie at this point.
    It seems like they are trying to keep it small and save some characters for a sequel. No Kitana, no Johnny Cage, no Shao Khan, No Reptile, No Ermac etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Legion87 View Post
    It seems like they are trying to keep it small and save some characters for a sequel. No Kitana, no Johnny Cage, no Shao Khan, No Reptile, No Ermac etc.
    Fair point. Villain wise they could easily have numerous movies - Shang Tsung here, Shao Khan and Sindel for another, Quan Chi and Shinnok for a third, Kronika for a fourth etc. So they could add different characters around that. Probably even have a spin off or show for HBO Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Fair point. Villain wise they could easily have numerous movies - Shang Tsung here, Shao Khan and Sindel for another, Quan Chi and Shinnok for a third, Kronika for a fourth etc. So they could add different characters around that. Probably even have a spin off or show for HBO Max.
    That is true as well and is probably the idea WB has in store if the movie is a hit, which I think it will be.

I wouldn't be surprised if Netherealm add some costumes for the 2021 film into MK11, since they did the same with the 1995 film for Raiden, Johnny and Sonya. Also should help the Mortal Kombat 11 Miniatures game from Angry Joe when that hits Kickstarter.

Ultimate Member

Also it seems like a huge mistake not to have Johnny Cage in this movie. They should have just made Cole Johnny. Are they saving Johnny for a sequel or something?
    For all we know, Cole is Johnny. Lets wait until we see the finished product

Nah in MK 11 the two are on friendly terms. But as a Sub- Zero main player in the games, it's nice to see he is getting some respect in this movie ha.
    I'm guessing the Sub-Zero in the movie is Bi-Han, not Kuai Liang.
    Bi-Han indeed is Scorpion punching bag.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm guessing the Sub-Zero in the movie is Bi-Han, not Kuai Liang.
    Bi-Han indeed is Scorpion punching bag.
    Yea he probably will become noob at the end of the movie or in the sequel.

Mighty Member

Man, poor Reptile. Made such a jobber he doesn't even get to live through the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Man, poor Reptile. Made such a jobber he doesn't even get to live through the trailer.
    I just went back and watch after I saw folks on Twitter saying that was Reptile. His design is garbage but it seems it's par the course to be a jobber. Sorry any Reptile mains out there as it seems neither the game developers or filmmakers care about him at all lol.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Reptile is in the movie. We see a glimpse of him in the trailer.

Reptile looks more like the Lizard from Spider-Man.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I just went back and watch after I saw folks on Twitter saying that was Reptile. His design is garbage but it seems it's par the course to be a jobber. Sorry any Reptile mains out there as it seems neither the game developers or filmmakers care about him at all lol.
    Somebody gotta make the heroes look good. If not Reptile it would have been Baraka

I'm not familiar with this, but it looks so fun.