Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Also looks like the one I assume is Mileena(and you thought the design with lips was the worse it could get) gets disemboweled

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Somebody gotta make the heroes look good. If not Reptile it would have been Baraka
    That is true. There also looks to be an easter hinting at Baraka as well in the trailer.

The trailer was dope.

Johnny Cage needs to be in this movie. Where is Princess Kitana?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    The trailer was dope.

Johnny Cage needs to be in this movie. Where is Princess Kitana?
    She's not in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Ok..this probably looks like the best MK film adaptation ever.

And that music at the end harkening back to the original movie tickled my nostalgia bone.
    The thing I was hoping for the most was the return of the theme song, and so I'm glad we got that throwback in here.

Who wants to bet that the original song will be in the credits? Or heck, even in the climax or a rising action scene.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The thing I was hoping for the most was the return of the theme song, and so I'm glad we got that throwback in here.

Who wants to bet that the original song will be in the credits? Or heck, even in the climax or a rising action scene.
    If it was me, I’d deploy my most awesome version of the theme song in the fight between spectral Scorpion and SubZero, as we get a ballistic fight between the two icons.

The “missing” cast members does make sense as trying to make sure that no one with good potential gets utterly wasted as a scrub in the first movie. The catch with the tournament has always been how exactly a tournament where everyone is allowed to try and kill their opponent is going to end with a good guy faction still alive at the end of it.

I’m honestly wondering if Cole might be set up as a doomed single-film protagonist.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

My only gripe is this Cole guy and his "birthmark". Why create a new character when the main attraction are the characters in the game? And the birthmark is such an superfluous thing. The middle to the end of the trailer is like he isn't even there.

I hope Liu still is the winner of the tournament at the end.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    My only gripe is this Cole guy and his "birthmark". Why create a new character when the main attraction are the characters in the game? And the birthmark is such an superfluous thing. The middle to the end of the trailer is like he isn't even there.

Ok, one scary thing about the trailer is that it sees to play almost exactly like the leaked "first version" of the script that was leaked (and widely planned online). Supposedly there were a lot of changes after it, but a lot of the main plot points appear to be the same.

**Possible** Spoilers/Explanations from that Script:
    spoilers:
    In the leaked script, Cole becomes Scorpion. They changed the lore a bit and you need to be "born into it" to be able to compete. Cole was special because one of his parents was from Nether Realm and one from Earth so he is eligible to compete for either side. Sonya's sub plot was about wanting to compete in Mortal Kombat to revenge what happened to her unit but not being eligible because she didn't have the birth mark. Kitana was mentioned as a princess but not in the film. Sub-Zero was definitely Bi-Han.
    end of spoilers

This looks a helluva lot better than I imagined, at the very least visually. But the performances aren't over the top at least in the trailer. A little camp (which I don't disagree with having, its a video game based film) here and there but not overdoing it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-18-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Ok, one scary thing about the trailer is that it sees to play almost exactly like the leaked "first version" of the script that was leaked (and widely planned online). Supposedly there were a lot of changes after it, but a lot of the main plot points appear to be the same.

**Possible** Spoilers/Explanations from that Script:
    spoilers:
    In the leaked script, Cole becomes Scorpion. They changed the lore a bit and you need to be "born into it" to be able to compete. Cole was special because one of his parents was from Nether Realm and one from Earth so he is eligible to compete for either side. Sonya's sub plot was about wanting to compete in Mortal Kombat to revenge what happened to her unit but not being eligible because she didn't have the birth mark. Kitana was mentioned as a princess but not in the film. Sub-Zero was definitely Bi-Han.
    end of spoilers
    Hum... kinda make sense to why he is here in the trailer.

https://i.imgur.com/wHrOh46.png

Well, i'll wait and see before judging. Thankfully the release is close.

Don't know if y'all noticed, but Liu is fighting Cabal when he summon his flame dragon.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Maybe
    spoilers:
    They're doubling up on the successor angle. Like there is two Sub-Zeros with Bi Han and then Kuai Liang, there will be two Scorpions after the kid gets killed and the current one gets sent back to the Netherrealm or something. Maybe then have the first Scorpion become Ermac to Bi Han's Noob Saibot
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This was a fun trailer, but I find it weird that Sub-Zero is the merciless rogue assassin that did the Ermac thing here, but I did like them repeating the move he did against Sonya in the 1995 movie of freezing the gun in the cop's hand. He was an assassin willing to kill in the original game, that separated him from his brother and made Scorpion decide to originally protect Kuai Liang instead of slaying him like he did Bi Han, but the backstory to the character wasn't that deep in the games back then and comics made him seem nicer and more mellow.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

I'm trying not to read spoilers, but my only guess would just be to show that everyone else in the cast is almost already neck-deep in the action, and wouldn't function as audience surrogates in that regard. Even the more junior characters in the games were already in the thick of things.

But I really would love it if Cole was built up to be the new heroic lead, only to get cut down by the end. It would be a pretty neat twist, a way of subverting expectations, and be a way to show a rather graphic fatality. Like Ned Stark if he were in the game.

Loved the trailer. They opened up strong with Bi-Han taking those arms.

So is Quan chi in here? Or are they gonna have Shang Tsung take on his role in Subzero/Scorpion debacle?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    This was a fun trailer, but I find it weird that Sub-Zero is the merciless rogue assassin that did the Ermac thing here, but I did like them repeating the move he did against Sonya in the 1995 movie of freezing the gun in the cop's hand. He was an assassin willing to kill in the original game, that separated him from his brother and made Scorpion decide to originally protect Kuai Liang instead of slaying him like he did Bi Han, but the backstory to the character wasn't that deep in the games back then and comics made him seem nicer and more mellow.
    Bi-Han fits the rogue assassination role. He was pretty ruthless during his time as Sub-Zero.