Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Ok, one scary thing about the trailer is that it sees to play almost exactly like the leaked "first version" of the script that was leaked (and widely planned online). Supposedly there were a lot of changes after it, but a lot of the main plot points appear to be the same.

**Possible** Spoilers/Explanations from that Script:
    spoilers:
    In the leaked script, Cole becomes Scorpion. They changed the lore a bit and you need to be "born into it" to be able to compete. Cole was special because one of his parents was from Nether Realm and one from Earth so he is eligible to compete for either side. Sonya's sub plot was about wanting to compete in Mortal Kombat to revenge what happened to her unit but not being eligible because she didn't have the birth mark. Kitana was mentioned as a princess but not in the film. Sub-Zero was definitely Bi-Han.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Maybe
    spoilers:
    They're doubling up on the successor angle. Like there is two Sub-Zeros with Bi Han and then Kuai Liang, there will be two Scorpions after the kid gets killed and the current one gets sent back to the Netherrealm or something. Maybe then have the first Scorpion become Ermac to Bi Han's Noob Saibot
    end of spoilers
    ...Follow me on this: what if...

spoilers:
    ... Cole ends up being a willing host for the possession by Hanzo’s spirit, or a reincarnation that allows Scorpion to manifest? That way, you get to make scorpion be something like a “special guest” character?

Perhaps Bi-Han killing the original Hanson/Scorpion should literally mean that a ghost can’t just enter and compete... but there’s a loophole involving rebirth.
    end of spoilers
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Director's commentary of the trailer

This director knows his MK. My outlook is getting more positive.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    ...Follow me on this: what if...

spoilers:
    ... Cole ends up being a willing host for the possession by Hanzo’s spirit, or a reincarnation that allows Scorpion to manifest? That way, you get to make scorpion be something like a “special guest” character?

Perhaps Bi-Han killing the original Hanson/Scorpion should literally mean that a ghost can’t just enter and compete... but there’s a loophole involving rebirth.
    end of spoilers
    That could be an interesting take.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That could be an interesting take.
    spoilers:
    That's my guess and going forward that character would adapt the scorpion moniker. Maybe even bring back the clan. That scene where we see Scorpion surrounded by swirling fire. I think that's Scorpion possessing Cole. When he leaves he will leave an imprint on Cole. We then get a Scorpion going forward but it's not Hanno it's Cole under the suit. Actor playing Hanzo is amazing but he's up there in age.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

Ok, so fights we've seen in the trailer, and the kills we already know about...

spoilers:
    Scorpion vs Sub Zero, with Cole in the mix, apparently. Almost certainly round 2 of that match up. Liu Kang vs what looks like Kabal, or at least a masked guy with hook swords. Sonya vs Mileena, which looks to end with Sonya using her wrist blaster to put a big hole through Mileena's guts. Kano vs Kung Lao. Kano vs. Reptile, featuring Kano's classic MK1 heart ripping fatallity because Reptile is the King of All Jobbers. Jax vs Reiko? It looks like. With what certainly looked like Jax's MK2 head crushing fatality about to be delivered. And Goro against somebody, in some kind of odd armor. Safe to assume that Raiden and Shang Tsung get some action somewhere too, thought we haven't seen it clearly yet.

And, of course, we know there is the Hanzo (pre-Scorpion) vs Sub Zero fight from the film's opening. And anybody who doesn't know how that one ends should just leave the thread now. My only question is whether or not we'll see Bi-Han use the MK1 spine rip or not. Can anybody imagine a world where they don't go there? I can't, but Hollywood. So I won't presume. And I'm expecting Bi-Han to get Toasty'd come the climax of the film, because symmetry. And Noob for the sequel, if by some miracle this doesn't tank hard.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Ok, so fights we've seen in the trailer, and the kills we already know about...

spoilers:
    Scorpion vs Sub Zero, with Cole in the mix, apparently. Almost certainly round 2 of that match up. Liu Kang vs what looks like Kabal, or at least a masked guy with hook swords. Sonya vs Mileena, which looks to end with Sonya using her wrist blaster to put a big hole through Mileena's guts. Kano vs Kung Lao. Kano vs. Reptile, featuring Kano's classic MK1 heart ripping fatallity because Reptile is the King of All Jobbers. Jax vs Reiko? It looks like. With what certainly looked like Jax's MK2 head crushing fatality about to be delivered. And Goro against somebody, in some kind of odd armor. Safe to assume that Raiden and Shang Tsung get some action somewhere too, thought we haven't seen it clearly yet.

And, of course, we know there is the Hanzo (pre-Scorpion) vs Sub Zero fight from the film's opening. And anybody who doesn't know how that one ends should just leave the thread now. My only question is whether or not we'll see Bi-Han use the MK1 spine rip or not. Can anybody imagine a world where they don't go there? I can't, but Hollywood. So I won't presume. And I'm expecting Bi-Han to get Toasty'd come the climax of the film, because symmetry. And Noob for the sequel, if by some miracle this doesn't tank hard.
    end of spoilers
    "If by some miracle this doesn't tank hard"? Why would we assume it'd take a miracle not to tank? That trailer was awesome.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    "If by some miracle this doesn't tank hard"? Why would we assume it'd take a miracle not to tank? That trailer was awesome.
    Because most people at this point seem to assume video game movies will always suck, which is usually stupid. I think that 2017's Assassins Creed for example is a lot better than people than some think, at least for fans of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Because most people at this point seem to assume video game movies will always suck, which is usually stupid. I think that 2017's Assassins Creed for example is a lot better than people than some think, at least for fans of the franchise.
    I think Assassin's Creed was about the least I've been engaged with a film while I was watching it.

Seen some hype around this trailer on twitter - COVID lockdown must have really hit Humanity's boredom threshold hard.

Ultimate Member

For pre existing fans, it was neat. For people who weren't, it was slow and dumb as hell.

I am just hoping between Mortal Kombat, Uncharted and the upcoming HBO Last of Us series we might start to see some good quality video game adaptions. Netflix seems to be banking a number of good ones now between Castlevania, Witcher and hopefully the upcoming Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed projects.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    For pre existing fans, it was neat. For people who weren't, it was slow and dumb as hell.
    I can understand dumb, cause MK is dumb, but slow? What?

I am just hoping between Mortal Kombat, Uncharted and the upcoming HBO Last of Us series we might start to see some good quality video game adaptions. Netflix seems to be banking a number of good ones now between Castlevania, Witcher and hopefully the upcoming Tomb Raider and Assassins Creed projects.
    Uncharted is the easier one to adapt to the big screen, but i don't have any faith in this project. It was delayed like 10 times and the casting of Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg for Nathan and Sully is awful.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I can understand dumb, cause MK is dumb, but slow? What?.
    I was referring to Assassin's Creed. 90% of the movie was Magneto jumping around in a hologram room. I remember reading that it was meant to be canon with the game, which is fine if you played the game.

If you didn't, you were freakin' lost, and very much bored

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I was referring to Assassin's Creed. 90% of the movie was Magneto jumping around in a hologram room. I remember reading that it was meant to be canon with the game, which is fine if you played the game.

If you didn't, you were freakin' lost, and very much bored
    Oh, got it. My bad.
    I never watched the Assassin's Creed movie.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Oh, got it. My bad.
    I never watched the Assassin's Creed movie.
    I strongly recommend you don't. A better use of time could be hitting your head against a wall for an hour. It's shorter and more entertaining option than actually watching the movie itself

The main issue with the AC movie is that it really doesn’t add anything to the universe - it’s using the Edizo games as the template since that’s apparently what all non players thought the series was, Renaissance era. And the fact that they kept the modern day stuff, which even fans of the games are decidedly cool about by this point. So while I think it’s not that bad (it proved to me that Marion Coitlard would be an awesome Monica Rappcini from AIM) it’s not a great ambassador for non players. Which is something most video game movies struggle with.