Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default ‘Mortal Kombat’ Movie to Start Filming in Australia Later This Year

More than 20 years after the last big-screen adventure for Mortal Kombat, the iconic fighting game franchise looks to make a theatrical return with a new feature film. New Line Cinema’s highly anticipated epic action film will shoot in and around Adelaide, South Australia and will be shot on Adelaide Studios’ Sound Stages, utilizing the state’s world-class crews and acting talent, with post-production in South Australia’s internationally acclaimed visual effects and post-production facilities. Pre-production kicks off next month with production beginning in earnest later this year.

Producer James Wan (Aquaman, The Conjuring films) is on board the film, which will be the feature directorial debut of award-winning commercial filmmaker Simon Mc Quoid. The current screenplay is by Greg Russo (the upcoming Highwaymen).
    http://collider.com/mortal-kombat-mo...lming-details/

cast? CAST?!
    The J-man

Yea cast? The Machima show had a decent cast for certain characters

Michale Jai white - Jax
    Ian Anthony Dale - Scorpion
    Shang Tsung - Carey Tagawa
    Liu Kang - Brian Tee

Eh the rest can be recast love Mark Descosos but hes too old for Kung Lao. Ssme thing with with dude from star ship troopers who played Johnny Cage.

Also though his character isnt neccesey for a first movie Jason Mamoa as Nightwolf would be cool.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-15-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Astonishing Member

Is this why they rebooted the timeline in the game again?

If they follow the recent games that has an aged Cage, Sonya, etc. They could re-use the old cast as their older selves.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Think the Games wanted to start over anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea cast? The Machima show had a decent cast for certain characters

Michale Jai white - Jax
    Ian Anthony Dale - Scorpion
    Shang Tsung - Carey Tagawa
    Liu Kang - Brian Tee

Eh the rest can be recast love Mark Descosos but hes too old for Kung Lao. Ssme thing with with dude from star ship troopers who played Johnny Cage.

Also though his character isnt neccesey for a first movie Jason Mamoa as Nightwolf would be cool.
    Why would Dacascos be too old but not White and Dale?

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post

If they follow the recent games that has an aged Cage, Sonya, etc. They could re-use the old cast as their older selves.
    I doubt they'd need a reboot of the games for a new film.

yep, games had gotten way out of hand. Shao Khan dead. Liu Kang dead/zombie.

Half the characters evil/evil zombies. I think the last two Mortal Kombats were some of the best ever made.

Got back to basics and improved on the Kombat and the story.

The only question I had about the game was Shao Khan. I always thought he was a god. A peer of Raidens.
    The J-man

That's what they did in Mk11. They can pretty much go wherever they want from there, with the gentle blessing of our lord and savior, Liu Kang.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    yep, games had gotten way out of hand. Shao Khan dead. Liu Kang dead/zombie.

Half the characters evil/evil zombies. I think the last two Mortal Kombats were some of the best ever made.

Got back to basics and improved on the Kombat and the story.

The only question I had about the game was Shao Khan. I always thought he was a god. A peer of Raidens.
    Why is Kahn being dead a problem? I'm not upset at some of the heroes being brought back to life but I don't think them being evil was an issue especially when we got new heroes that everyone liked (a rare feat for a mortal kombat game).

Kahn was never anything more than an exceptionally powerful Outworlder.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why would Dacascos be too old but not White and Dale?
    Look at the actors two of them look young and vital the other is showing us age too much. Also Liu Kang and Kung Lao should looked a similar age. In Legacy Lao looked like he could be Kangs father( no idea the actual age of these actors but Decascos is the only one who looked too old for the chatacter. He can play another character though. Hes great in another thread I listed only the strong as Best worst movie)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    That's what they did in Mk11. They can pretty much go wherever they want from there, with the gentle blessing of our lord and savior, Liu Kang.
    I know. Titan speculated that maybe they did it because they wanted to reboot the movie and have the games and movie sync up. I was saying the games probaly wanted to start over regardless if a movie. It allows them to keep the best characters but start the story over and simplify it and make it less convoluted. Hope something happens and Kangs character ending doesnt stick. I don't want Kang,Loa,And raiden replacing the elder gods.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Tbh, I want a throwback homage to all the Shaw Bros films. Which MK1 was clearly inspired by.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why is Kahn being dead a problem? I'm not upset at some of the heroes being brought back to life but I don't think them being evil was an issue especially when we got new heroes that everyone liked (a rare feat for a mortal kombat game).

Kahn was never anything more than an exceptionally powerful Outworlder.
    Kahn being dead is a problem if they fail to replace him with an equal villain or a more imposing one.

Shang Tsung and Quanchi worked. Shinnok........meh. Chronika (yes I know I'm misspelling all these names) worked in terms of the threat she possessed not so much as a character.

The two big new heroes were the daughters. Cassie Cage and Jacqui Briggs, none too worth mentioning other than them.

What they did with Scorpions and Subzero's character and the Linque(sp?) was very nice.

No Shao Khan was a god. Pre Mortal Kombat 1 he was Outworld's protector and an advisor to the realm's ruler, Onaga. Heck the second Mortal Kombat movie even made him brothers with Raiden.
    The J-man

Look at the actors two of them look young and vital the other is showing us age too much. Also Liu Kang and Kung Lao should looked a similar age. In Legacy Lao looked like he could be Kangs father( no idea the actual age of these actors but Decascos is the only one who looked too old for the chatacter. He can play another character though. Hes great in another thread I listed only the strong as Best worst movie)

I know. Titan speculated that maybe they did it because they wanted to reboot the movie and have the games and movie sync up. I was saying the games probaly wanted to start over regardless if a movie. It allows them to keep the best characters but start the story over and simplify it and make it less convoluted. Hope something happens and Kangs character ending doesnt stick. I don't want Kang,Loa,And raiden replacing the elder gods.
    Eh, looking up pictures of Dacascos he doesn't look much older than Dale and White to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Kahn being dead is a problem if they fail to replace him with an equal villain or a more imposing one.

Shang Tsung and Quanchi worked. Shinnok........meh. Chronika (yes I know I'm misspelling all these names) worked in terms of the threat she possessed not so much as a character.
    I think Shinnok was good as a villain in MKX at least.

The two big new heroes were the daughters. Cassie Cage and Jacqui Briggs, none too worth mentioning other than them.
    Takeda and Jin were also welcomed by the fandom. Jin in particular for being MK’s first gay character. A lot were disappointed when they didn’t make it into MK11.

No Shao Khan was a god. Pre Mortal Kombat 1 he was Outworld's protector and an advisor to the realm's ruler, Onaga. Heck the second Mortal Kombat movie even made him brothers with Raiden.[/QUOTE]
    Where was he stated to be a god? I know he was an advisor to Onaga but the god thing has never been stated in the games as far as a I remember.

Also, Kahn and Raiden being brothers in Annihilation was considered to be one of that movie's many mistakes.