Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Spoiler free review by Jeremy Jahns.

Jahns is a reviewer that has a taste for movies very close to mine, so i listen to his opinions more times than not. He gave a average score.

As I thought, they sideline Liu Kang for this new dude, Cole, and looks like the guy is boring. Say whatever you want about Liu, but if you going to replace him as the protagonist of this story, at least replace him for someone better.

Well, i'll see it anyways.
    My takeaway is like with Scorpion's Revenge they make the movie more Scorpion-focused.

Just saw this, pretty good, some bad ass fights, Sub-Zero's fights were the best.

Actually, and oddly, take away the ice powers and Sub-Zero in this movie is a lot like how I imagine the ideal Shredder in live action should be...

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

Ok so, unpopular opinion. This movie was just mediocre. The opening scene was exceptional, but after that it basically nose dives lol. It's like a better version of Annihilation, and that's not really a compliment. The fights was mediocre, the special effects was mediocre, the acting was bland to mediocre. I think the only person who showed any real acting depth was the guy that played Kano. Sonya and Jax was ok, Lewis Tan did a decent job with what he was given, but Cole was clearly a character that was shoehorned in (according to the script writer it was mandated by the studio).

I also didn't like how they re-written the lore. Especially regarding fighters getting their powers. The chemistry between the actors in the original film is much better. And the fight scenes in the original is also miles better. I'm not lying there's not a SINGLE fight scene that holds up to that original Scorpion & Johnny Cage fight from 1995. After all of the bad ass martial arts films we got over the past 20+ years since the original film, this movie doesn't even hold a candle to ANY OF THEM!!! The film is better than Annihilation, but not by much. It just didn't work for me.

Ultimate Member

I definately liked it.

Mind, it could be better in parts, but overall it worked. Great fights too. Kinda want to see it in theaters just on principle, lol

Extraordinary Member

This movie wasn't good but I had fun with it

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor-of-Dragons View Post
    Ok so, unpopular opinion. This movie was just mediocre. The opening scene was exceptional, but after that it basically nose dives lol. It's like a better version of Annihilation, and that's not really a compliment. The fights was mediocre, the special effects was mediocre, the acting was bland to mediocre. I think the only person who showed any real acting depth was the guy that played Kano. Sonya and Jax was ok, Lewis Tan did a decent job with what he was given, but Cole was clearly a character that was shoehorned in (according to the script writer it was mandated by the studio).

I also didn't like how they re-written the lore. Especially regarding fighters getting their powers. The chemistry between the actors in the original film is much better. And the fight scenes in the original is also miles better. I'm not lying there's not a SINGLE fight scene that holds up to that original Scorpion & Johnny Cage fight from 1995. After all of the bad ass martial arts films we got over the past 20+ years since the original film, this movie doesn't even hold a candle to ANY OF THEM!!! The film is better than Annihilation, but not by much. It just didn't work for me.
    Don't think that's an unpopular opinion from what I've seen.

MK 95 was better to be honest.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    MK 95 was better to be honest.
    YES!

And it's a bit sad because this one had the budget.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Don't think that's an unpopular opinion from what I've seen.
    Yeah, I think at this point the unpopular opinion would be to say that this film was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    YES!

And it's a bit sad because this one had the budget.
    I think kabal was the only real hilight for me.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I think kabal was the only real hilight for me.
    You liked Kabal? His voice bugged the crap out of me. The thick new York accent that came through that mask crystal clear. I think they did a bad job dubbing his voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    You liked Kabal? His voice bugged the crap out of me. The thick new York accent that came through that mask crystal clear. I think they did a bad job dubbing his voice.
    I just thought he was fun plus I always liked kabal.

Sandra Hess (Sonya) and Musetta Vander (Sindel) from Annihilation.