Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Eh, looking up pictures of Dacascos he doesn't look much older than Dale and White to me.
    Have you watched John wick trailers or even MK Legacy?

images.jpeg.jpg

Hes 12+ years older THEN Brian tee or Dale. MJW closer to his age and well let's be honest hes Black and built like a **** brick house and has aged much better.

The only character that matters is that Liu Kang looks the same age. And they ain't casting a dude on the wrong side of 50 to be Liu Kang.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-15-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Takeda and Jin were also welcomed by the fandom
    I haven't seen that many people feeling saddened by their absence for being honest.

Also had KEANU Reeves as Kenshi to my fan casting.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post

The two big new heroes were the daughters. Cassie Cage and Jacqui Briggs, none too worth mentioning other than them.
    Takeda and Kung Jin got fans. They were popular in the competitive scene for a while. Kung Jin was my secondary and I would run into Takeda often online.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    I haven't seen that many people feeling saddened by their absence for being honest.
    I was sadden by Kung Jin absence as he was my secondary. Takeda should have been in if only as an NPC. He should have kicked past Scorpion ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Takeda and Kung Jin got fans. They were popular in the competitive scene for a while. Kung Jin was my secondary and I would run into Takeda often online.
    I loved Takeda personaly I also love Kotal Khan what game was the first he was introduced into the mythos?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I loved Takeda personaly I also love Kotal Khan what game was the first he was introduced into the mythos?
    Kotal made his debut in MKX. I like Kotal as well. MK11 did him dirty.

Kotal made his debut in MKX. I like Kotal as well. MK11 did him dirty.
    Ok that's what I thought but wasn't sure if his name was thrown around in prior games. I didnt mind his arc in MK11, especially since it's all undone now anyway so he back on his feet regardless.

Going to be honest, don't think I've played a Mortal Kombat game since the super Nintendo days, and I couldn't tell you anything about the story. But I still love the first film as one of the most fun fighting films of all time, and Legacy was a blast, especially the Scorpion vs SubZero fight! So despite not really being much of a gamer anymore, I do enjoy the franchise and if they do it right this could be an awesome time in the theater. I'm excited for it!

Fantastic Member

The story is going to be garbage regardless of the writers/actors/director, all I care about is that they once more create the perfect soundtrack:

Quote Originally Posted by trooper_thorn View Post
    The story is going to be garbage regardless of the writers/actors/director, all I care about is that they once more create the perfect soundtrack:

I too hope they make a great soundtrack and definitely revisit/reuse the movie theme. But I hope that the story is at least serviceable, and I want the fights to be freaking fantastic! The 90's movie was kinda bloodless, I definitely want there to be more carnage this go around. At least like a really hard PG13 if not outright R.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Ok that's what I thought but wasn't sure if his name was thrown around in prior games. I didnt mind his arc in MK11, especially since it's all undone now anyway so he back on his feet regardless.
    I wasn't a fan of how much he got jobbed out to Shao Khan.

Fair enough. Didn't realize Takeda and Jin had big fanbases.

Kotal was interesting and I was digging him in this game till eh gets absolutely wrecked on two occasions later in the story.

I think Shinnok was good as a villain in MKX at least.

Takeda and Jin were also welcomed by the fandom. Jin in particular for being MK’s first gay character. A lot were disappointed when they didn’t make it into MK11.

Where was he stated to be a god? I know he was an advisor to Onaga but the god thing has never been stated in the games as far as a I remember.

Also, Kahn and Raiden being brothers in Annihilation were considered to be one of that movie's many mistakes.

1)MKD where he and Raiden where said to be of the same race
    1.5)MKDK the tv show it is stated, that Shao Kahn used to be a God-Protector of Outworld and ALSO an advisor of Emperor Onaga at that time

2)MKD where Onaga says that Kahn was an advisor SIMILAR TO RAIDEN IN EARTHREALM, like Raiden to Liu

3)MK1 comic mentions Shang Tsung's gods, well, seeing that his soul is owned by Kahn even beyond death, and seeing that he gave him the soul stealing power in the first place, that would mean Kahn himself is his god

4)MK3 states (Although your souls are protected against Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I CANNOT INTERFERE ANY LONGER AS YOUR EARTH IS NOW RULED BY THE OUTWORLD GODS.).....sounds like Kahn, since he now RULES Earthrealm.....

The popular MK theory is: Shao Kahn used to be, like Raiden, some kind of god protector of Outworld also being Onaga's advisor. However, he lost his god status when he backstabbed Onaga and took Outworld for his own, hence his grudge towards the Elder Gods who might have been the ones who took his status from him. Kind of like Shinnok but on Raiden's level, cause Shinnok is an Elder God above both (until Raiden gets amped up anyway).

One of the speakers in Netherrealm/Chaosrealm says, "Shao Kahn, Lucifer, and Raiden are of the same race of beings."

Don't forget that he's the guy who taught Shang how to soul steal. In MKDA he was able to create a clone of himself and revive Gorro. All in all, that sounds pretty godlike to me, which left me scratching my head when Katana just went HAM on him.

I actually liked hat they did with Katana in MK, some of the best character development she ha in a while, but if she's gonna take down Shao Khan it shouldn't have been that easy IMO.
    The J-man

I mean its Shao Khan we are talking about iono if I'd say he got Jobbed out. I think it woulda been better if they fought longer and maybe after a draw Kotal got distracted by Jade and then got the Bane treatment for Shao. But yea it's still Shao Khan if your gonna get wrecked by someone.

Scoprion my favorite character and I didnt like the way OG scorpion went out.

If they redo the Tournament on Shang Tsungs island again as a starting point I hope they flesh OUT scorpions origin. So he doesnt come off as just a bad guy and the Audicence knows hes a good man being manipulated. Then they can do Quan Chi in the next film and let Scorpion RIP his spine out.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-15-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Fair enough. Didn't realize Takeda and Jin had big fanbases.

Kotal was interesting and I was digging him in this game till eh gets absolutely wrecked on two occasions later in the story.

1)MKD where he and Raiden where said to be of the same race
    1.5)MKDK the tv show it is stated, that Shao Kahn used to be a God-Protector of Outworld and ALSO an advisor of Emperor Onaga at that time

2)MKD where Onaga says that Kahn was an advisor SIMILAR TO RAIDEN IN EARTHREALM, like Raiden to Liu

3)MK1 comic mentions Shang Tsung's gods, well, seeing that his soul is owned by Kahn even beyond death, and seeing that he gave him the soul stealing power in the first place, that would mean Kahn himself is his god

4)MK3 states (Although your souls are protected against Kahn's evil: your lives are not. I CANNOT INTERFERE ANY LONGER AS YOUR EARTH IS NOW RULED BY THE OUTWORLD GODS.).....sounds like Kahn, since he now RULES Earthrealm.....

The popular MK theory is: Shao Kahn used to be, like Raiden, some kind of god protector of Outworld also being Onaga's advisor. However, he lost his god status when he backstabbed Onaga and took Outworld for his own, hence his grudge towards the Elder Gods who might have been the ones who took his status from him. Kind of like Shinnok but on Raiden's level, cause Shinnok is an Elder God above both (until Raiden gets amped up anyway).

One of the speakers in Netherrealm/Chaosrealm says, "Shao Kahn, Lucifer, and Raiden are of the same race of beings."

Don't forget that he's the guy who taught Shang how to soul steal. In MKDA he was able to create a clone of himself and revive Gorro. All in all, that sounds pretty godlike to me, which left me scratching my head when Katana just went HAM on him.

I actually liked hat they did with Katana in MK, some of the best character development she ha in a while, but if she's gonna take down Shao Khan it shouldn't have been that easy IMO.
    Well as an Edenian, Kitana herself is a descendant of the gods herself.

In fairness, they'd been jobbing other characters to Kotal himself. He maimed Goro in the tie-in comics and in the game defeats Kano, Tanya, Rain and Mileena. Turnabout was fair play.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 05-15-2019 at 07:06 PM.