Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I mean its Shao Khan we are talking about iono if I'd say he got Jobbed out. I think it woulda been better if they fought longer and maybe after a draw Kotal got distracted by Jade and then got the Bane treatment for Shao. But yea it's still Shao Khan if your gonna get wrecked by someone.

Scoprion my favorite character and I didnt like the way OG scorpion went out.

If they redo the Tournament on Shang Tsungs island again as a starting point I hope they flesh OUT scorpions origin. So he doesnt come off as just a bad guy and the Audicence knows hes a good man being manipulated. Then they can do Quan Chi in the next film and let Scorpion RIP his spine out.
    Scorpion origin got fleshed out in mythologies. A future game will need to retrend that ground if they want to give the audience his full story.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Scorpion origin got fleshed out in mythologies. A future game will need to retrend that ground if they want to give the audience his full story.
    Yea I mean the movie though. I know the games arent gonna shaft him like that again hes they're most popular character. Like I hope we get the history between Scorpion and Subzero fleshed out and what happened to Scotpions family in the first movie. They can reveal the Quan Chi angle later in the sequel or post credit scene. But atleast reveal hes a man blinded by revenge. Hes come a long way as a character since the first movie where he was just a straight bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Why is Kahn being dead a problem? I'm not upset at some of the heroes being brought back to life but I don't think them being evil was an issue especially when we got new heroes that everyone liked (a rare feat for a mortal kombat game).

Kahn was never anything more than an exceptionally powerful Outworlder.
    Really Kahn's story is over we don't need him anymore and
    Shinnok is a way interesting anyways.

We have a release date: March 5, 2021.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/mortal-...os-1202618026/

Well was bored so decided to do my dream cast.

Liu Kang- Daniel Henney
    Kenshi- Keanu Reeves
    Jax - MJW
    Johnny Cage - Ryan Reynolds
    Shoa Khan -The Rock
    Kotal - Idris Elba
    Kano - Tom Hardy
    Sonya - Charlize Theron
    Night wolf- Jason Mamoa

Have to think on the rest. Carey should still be Shang Tsung.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-19-2019 at 09:17 PM.

My fan cast

Daniel Wu as Liu Kang

Lewis Tan as Kung Lao

Caity Lotz as Sonya Blade

David Ramsey as Jax Briggs

Johnny Yong Bosch as Kuai Liang

Daniel Southworth as Bi Han

Daniel Dae Kim as Hanzo Hasashi

Jessica Lucas as Jade

Katrina Law as Kitana

Megalyn Echikunwoke as Tanya

Ryan Reynolds as Johnny Cage

Ken Watanabe as Shang Tsung

My fan cast

Daniel Wu as Liu Kang

Lewis Tan as Kung Lao

Jessica Lucas as Jade

Katrina Law as Kitana

I would say there are too many CW actors and actors of that caliber. But this movie is probaly gonna have a famous actor or two and then alot of smaller or unknown actors.

Nicholas Cage - Scorpion
    Nicholas Cage - Johnny Cage

Both roles. Make Johnny Cage an older, washed up actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Nicholas Cage - Scorpion
    Nicholas Cage - Johnny Cage

Both roles. Make Johnny Cage an older, washed up actor.
    Why are we making an Asian man in Hanzo Hasashi a crazy white dude? If they go for old washed up Johnny that could be fun though. Everything's funner with Nic Cage. It's a crap shoot if it's great or just the worst theater acting you have ever seen but either way its fun.

Why are we making an Asian man in Hanzo Hasashi a crazy white dude?
    Well, from my vague recollections of MK from the 90s which I'm basing this all off on, you never see his face without the mask, and all he says is "Get over here!" And I just think getting Cage to shout that would be hilarious!
    To be fair that was mostly my joke suggestion. But I was more serious about getting Cage to play, well, Cage.

If they go for old washed up Johnny that could be fun though. Everything's funner with Nic Cage. It's a crap shoot if it's great or just the worst theater acting you have ever seen but either way its fun.
    Right? I think he'd be fun in the role and really get some levity in there without dragging the whole film down. Just get him into martial arts training right now and there ya go.

Well, from my vague recollections of MK from the 90s which I'm basing this all off on, you never see his face without the mask, and all he says is "Get over here!" And I just think getting Cage to shout that would be hilarious!
    To be fair that was mostly my joke suggestion. But I was more serious about getting Cage to play, well, Cage.

Right? I think he'd be fun in the role and really get some levity in there without dragging the whole film down. Just get him into martial arts training right now and there ya go.
    Oh ok but yea Scorpion and Sub Zero are Asian. Scorpion and Johnny funny enough probaly have the biggest character arcs in the game. But yea the first game and the movies are horrible examples of what the character is now.

Cage dont even need the training hes got stunt doubles. If they gob older and make Cassie and Jaquie in it(kids of Johhny and Sonya. And Jax) in the movie this could happen. But they probaly dont and In that case Johnny gonna no doubt be one of the core character they build the franchise around. So they probaly go young.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-20-2019 at 12:58 PM.

My fan cast

Daniel Wu as Liu Kang

Lewis Tan as Kung Lao

Jessica Lucas as Jade

Katrina Law as Kitana

I would keep Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa as Shang Tsung.

Oh ok but yea Scorpion and Sub Zero are Asian. Scorpion and Johnny funny enough probaly have the biggest character arcs in the game. But yea the first game and the movies are horrible examples of what the character is now.
    I know they're Asian, but I kinda figured no one notices or cares about race for a character who wears a mask the whole movie and only has one line of dialogue. But if there's more to the character than that, yeah, totally get an Asian actor. I'm against whitewashing like most people here, I just didn't know they developed the character to be, well, an actual character.

Cage dont even need the training hes got stunt doubles. If they gob older and make Cassie and Jaquie in it(kids of Johhny and Sonya. And Jax) in the movie this could happen. But they probaly dont and In that case Johnny gonna no doubt be one of the core character they build the franchise around. So they probaly go young.
    If you're going young, I don't think Ryan Reynolds isn't the right actor for the role. But I don't know many young actors these days.

I know they're Asian, but I kinda figured no one notices or cares about race for a character who wears a mask the whole movie and only has one line of dialogue. But if there's more to the character than that, yeah, totally get an Asian actor. I'm against whitewashing like most people here, I just didn't know they developed the character to be, well, an actual character.

If you're going young, I don't think Ryan Reynolds isn't the right actor for the role. But I don't know many young actors these days.
    The characters started to become characters in the 3D games and begun to develop with the reboot games. The last two games have Scorpion unmasked since he regained his humanity. Makes it easy to know he's Japanese. Sub-Zero got unmasked in MK3

Reynolds isnt young either but looks about half the age Nic Cage and could play the role for a decadd easy without age being an issue. Chris Pratt kinda captures that cocky dopyness. But iono if I'd buy him as one of the best fighters on the planet. Joel McHale and Scott Eastwood or people I can see doing it. Eastwood better with the action and McHale with the comedy parts.

Even though he played Liu Kang in Legacy I think Brain Tee would be a perfect Bi-Han.

Yea the franchise centers on Raiden/Liu/Sonya/Jax/Johnny/Loa but Scorpion and Subzero are easily the most popular character. While they change alot Mortal Kombat legacy on YouTube does a decent job with Scorpion. For whatever reason they make Bi-Han the good Sub Zero and his little brother the bad one. So just flip that but otherwise they do a good job telling Scorpion story in a condensed format. (Though I also think Legacy sets it up to where Bi-Han wasnt even involved in Scorpions or his clans death and is just a good guy. The games Bi Han is not a good guy but also not the killing wife and kid type either. Prior to his rebirth as Noob I think he was just a loyal Solider doing whatever the Grandmaster ordered.)

I also think any slightly older white dude can play Raiden. Just add some reverb to his voice.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-20-2019 at 08:26 PM.